PDA

View Full Version : gettin my groove on "TRIP report" boardie bash style--april21-may11,2013

Pages : [1] 2

groove16
05-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Lets get the party started...

"WARNING" this report may drag on forever, it may include way too many pictures, it may consist of several stories of drunken sailors nights out on the town...lol....

did u just call me a whack-job???? lmao

anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, I just got started....

This trip was just a thought thrown out there by my wife...we always go on vacation in the fall...April 16 was my 50th bday, and Janet just threw it out there...how'd u like to celebrate in Jamaica? no, I have softball...big tourneys in april...seed planted, watered with a likkle past boardie bash trip reports and bam, we r looking for deals....our friends from the last trip, rinakim and larry1967, said no, we can't go....seed planted and booom...ok, not only r we going, we are bringing along a couple of friends....likkle did we know at the time, but Rick and Carolyn made this trip such a memorable one...can't imagine this trip without them....thanks so much for all you 2 did to contribute to the happiness of our trip, and really all you did was be yourselves...lol

anyway, we booked for 13 days, started april 24 at white sands...as did rina and the others...we talked daily on facebook, all giddy about the upcoming trip, and out of no where I am hit with the surprising news..."guess what Terry, we just decided to go early, so now they are going on the 17th for 21 days, with rick and carloyn coming on the 21st...Janet can we go early---sure---oopps, Janet can't get off work.....plus the flights were changing by the day, and it was much higher than the deal she had for us...2 weeks before we are to go, my dad gets sick and admitted to hospital. He has complications, and after 5 days we discuss cancelling our trip....a couple days go by and a little improvement, and then one Monday, the 9th day in, the doc gives us good news....he should be out by the end of the week...good news part 1....then Janet shocks me with good news part 2....Happy bday, and hands me some papers with new plane reservations for the 21st and 3 days at fun holiday...so we are leaving early, well no, I can't get off work, but you get 3 days for your bday, go party with the Rina, larry and the boardies....I spend most of the next week with dad, he got out on 18th, we spend time with him at home and I fly out on the 21st...What a great wife I have, eh?

I get my buddy to drive me to airport, arrive 2 hours early, no problems, board the plane, and sit on the tarmac for 45 minutes...we still arrive on time in mobay...I watch most of the movie Life of Pi, on the plane..boring at first, but it was gettng somewhere by the time we landed...

Kingsley waiting for me when I get out there and we are off...he says he has a 3pm arrival at the airport so he is gonna hurry me to negrila nd get back...his 3 oclock in bella bea, I think....anyway 1 hour to negril and as we pull into fun holiday, I see my friend Rina walking down the street to greet me...that was so sweet and made me feel so special, I know i didnt share that then, but that made the trip jump into full speed...thanks rina...

we walk to the beach while we are getting my room assigned, and meet beachgirl (dawn) and her friend tina....go to the bar, order 2 redstripe, and get...sorry we are out of red stripe...no problem mon, but r u kidding me???

get checked in and then head to seasplash for the webcast.....to be continued

get checked in

Coco
05-14-2013, 08:36 PM
Woo hoo! On pins and needles...

PS - I think we saw you at Catcha' last week now that I look at pics in your previous report.

groove16
05-14-2013, 10:01 PM
Woo hoo! On pins and needles...

PS - I think we saw you at Catcha' last week now that I look at pics in your previous report.

what days were u at catcha, we were there may 4-7, left on the 8th, back to the beach...

541lion
05-14-2013, 10:13 PM
And so it begins!! Can't wait for more !! Maybe a couple pics to tide us over ??

groove16
05-14-2013, 10:26 PM
Rina and I walked from Fun Holiday to Sea Splash for the webcast...as soon as I got there, laid my bag down and walked to the bar for a drink....200 for red stripe for rina and 300 for purple rain for me...at this point, I want to take a pic, and notice I dont have my camera...look in my bag, no camera...rina u see my camera, no havent seen it...oh crap, start freaking out....let me backtrack---brand new camera, only arrived day before I left...Janet suggested I take the old one and she bring the new one, she knows how I am with things, but no....I had to have the new toy....

rina, wait here, I am going back, I think I left the camera on the beach beside Dawn....so I get back and no camera, go to check room, and no key...the front desk told me about 25.oo lost key charge, and wanted to charge me 25.00 and I had been in negril for about 1 hour...no, I dont think, i lost my key, it must be in my bag, just open my door, please...ok, no camera....so I have been in negril for one hour and have misplaced my (1) money at check in---couldn't find the big bills to pay kingsley---rina laughing while i frantically search all pockets numerous times, finally remember my secret $$$ safe---sshhh rina, don't tell my hiding spot..(2) camera (3) key (4) where are my flops---I think I took them off inthe middle of our walk----well, back to sea splash---as soon as I get back, I look in my bag again, no camera, but i did find the key...I walk over to the bar for a drink and look down, there is my shoes, and my camera, on the floor by the bar...laid them down to get the 1st drink, I guess....yeah, been there the whole time, rob says....

web cast was fun to kick off the trip...met bella bea, who will be a great part of the 1st half of my trip, and ziggy, and wethermon and mi lady...among many others..

couple pics from day one

the steel drums make a lot of sound

groove16
05-14-2013, 10:33 PM
a horse strolls by

a couple boats

541lion
05-14-2013, 10:55 PM
Hahaha you sub head!! That's something I would do for sure

Coco
05-14-2013, 11:00 PM
Groove - we were there 4-10th. Pretty sure we saw you guys. You had the Jamaica swim trunks right ?

groove16
05-14-2013, 11:07 PM
the first sunset 4/21/13

the band plays on

rob, lisa, and bea

and the last pic of the night

after the sunset, rina got a call...carolyn and rick had arrived and were almost to Negril...so we walked back toward fun holiday on the road...joe cool calls and tells rina he is on beach road and she asks to be picked up, well a van pulls up in front of the jungle, and it is them. They were right behind us. ok, Can u drop me off at Fun Holiday, it shouldn't be too much further....looks like yall are full, i'll just walk....about 5 steps into the walk, I have to laugh out loud, as i am right at fun holiday, the jungle is across the street...

It is about 8pm, Rina larry rick and carolyn are gonna chill at catcha gradens on the cliff, I debate heading up, but decide to grab a bite and chill on the beach, maybe Alfreds since it is sunday...I walk out on the beach toward alfreds to see what is going on, get some trash can chicken from delta, in a stand right before I get to alfreds...eat it at the picnic table and listen to a likkle of the music while I eat, not many people in yet, so I decide to head back home....we are snorkling in the morning with famous vincent, so I am out by 11....

groove16
05-14-2013, 11:12 PM
Groove - we were there 4-10th. Pretty sure we saw you guys. You had the Jamaica swim trunks right ?

oh yeah, that would be me....several pair, very bright and colorful---thats me---and i remember you guys as well...

Coco
05-14-2013, 11:19 PM
Yep - that was you . Remember your cliff dives with the newly weds ...

billndonna
05-15-2013, 06:56 AM
Great report and pictures,keep them coming please!! Running out of Red Stripe happened alot when we stayed at Fun Holiday.

Flipadelphia26
05-15-2013, 07:30 AM
They ran out when I met up with rob for the Tuesday webcast over thanksgiving. They offered it on draft. I think redstripe on draft is gross

kaycee
05-15-2013, 10:13 AM
So far,so good!:)

68Stang
05-15-2013, 10:57 AM
great trip report! Love the pictures..keep it coming..it is really making us quite anxious to get there for our first trip in June.

bjritz
05-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Great start! Lost in Negril, lost stuff, lost mind and then found all good mon. So, funny. Love the first sunset pics - brilliant.

DConkle
05-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Can't wait to hear the rest! My husband and I were staying at Sea Splash during the time you were there too,and we were at the webcast! I see a little part of me in one of the pics of the horse. Glad you found all your stuff! There were a few nights I would wake up and wonder what I had done with this or that, haha. I always rememberd and found mine too! :p

rinakim
05-15-2013, 04:59 PM
Yay!! A story with me in it ........ it's gotta be a good one :p

Whack-job!! Hahahahaha!

I'm hoping there are some nights that you can fill in the blanks for me. Can't wait to read more.

meinvancouver
05-15-2013, 05:25 PM
I'm surprised he didn't start with the luggage mishap!!! Probably trying to forget that one...

rinakim
05-15-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm surprised he didn't start with the luggage mishap!!! Probably trying to forget that one...

That's right! If he doesn't explain ........ I will :)

groove16
05-15-2013, 07:51 PM
ok trip report continued...first I want to remind everyone this is a report as seen thru MY eyes...I may a few bad things to say about a place that a lot of people like on here...but it is what happened on my reach, so I will tell it like it is.....

well I get up about 630 and prepare my early morning sub...then walk down to the beach to enjoy it...I walk a little toward the white sands end of the beach to wild parrot and then turn around....wild parrot and whte sands look like fun, so we will be at these places later in the week...

I walk back to my room at Fun Holiday. I had a carry on and a checked bag...my swim trunks came from my carry on yesterday, so today I look for some things for todays trip to the cliffs...this is when I noticed the afore mentioned baggage mishap....my wife also had a checked bag and a carryon...when I left suanday morning it was about 4 am, and i grabbed the two bags w/o wheels, so she could pull her bags...I started going theu the suitcase and then I noticed it....this bag had all of her clothes...

I tore thru the bag....nothing for me, well a few snacks, supplies, etc, but not one piece of clothes...lots of crap to give to the kids and others, but today, I am the needy, lol...luckily, we always pack on set of clothes in our carryon in case of lost luggage, so i had one pair of shorts, swim trunks, 1 shirt...several pairs of womens panties and a pink cover-up...

I did have cat food, but no clothes.

pics of fun holiday
I pack my bag and walk towards bourbon beach to see some of my old friends

groove16
05-15-2013, 08:05 PM
I talk to a few old friends along the way, place a order for some high grade peppers for my subs, and continue my walk to bourbon beach. Hello Michael at Legends, hello dwight and fast car at bourbon beach...fastcar now has a new lady friend from the states...she is very sweet to him, and has bought him a brand new car, he is now styling...lol...well he takes me on to catcha gardens to meet rina larry carolyn and rick....they have a very nice set up at the gardens, huge room, nice pool and very friendly dogs...

I take off to check out LTU while the group finishes gettting ready

these 4 pics from ltu

groove16
05-15-2013, 08:45 PM
now I will tell about my previous snorkle experience....about 15 years ago, I signed up for a snorkle trip in the Bahamas...it was rough seas, but I went anyway...well they put us in the water, not much instructions, and I couldnt get a hang of it...swallowing more water than allowed, mask fogging up, breathing all wrong...then I start to get sick and blahhh, I let go of my lunch....the good thing is it is a great fish attractor, I had tropical fish all around me, but I felt so sick, I could not care...so I get back in the boat and rock so much that I am still queasy 2 days later...so no more snorkel for me until we start going to negril..well I bought gear and try it on a few trips to the 7 mile beach. I never get the hang of the breathing, and my mask always fog up...so when rina asked me to go snorkeling, I said I just wanted to go for a water taxi ride and take pics...

fast forward until now....we meet vincent at catcha, load up and we are off....

my girl rina kim

after we get to the reef, vincent gives us some tips...now I know why he is called FAMOUS Vincent...he talked me into snorkeling, rub some stuff on my mask to prevent fogging, show me how to breathe, and then he jumped in and snorkled with us, showing us seveeral different interesting items of sea life...he gave us all some bread, and off we went...we saw many of the beautiful blue and the yellow tropical fish, they were eating out of my hand....saw a huge manteray sting ray, saw and held a few HUGE sand dollars, and then he pointed out a gigantic sea turtle...at this point, I felt like I was in the "Finding Nemo" movie set, with all the colorful fish, and that sea turtle right there...it was right there, I felt like I could touch it...How freaking cool.....we snorkeled for about an hour or a likkle more, then headed back....

on the way back, we saw about 4 dolphins swimming and playing in front of the boat and then all of a sudden, they started swimming beside the boat, racing us....

couple pics of the dolphins

STRIPER
05-15-2013, 09:46 PM
Wow how cool,we saw dolphins on a trip from treasure beach to black river some years ago, the captain offered to let us swim with them and we were chicken! Man I'd be out there in a heart beat with famous!

groove16
05-15-2013, 10:36 PM
views from the water taxi, aka Famous Vincent....I am not sure the names of most of these places, so fill free to help out...

I think this is Negril Escape

and the light house at Negril Escape

I plan on jumping from here later

I'm not sure about these next few, so just the pics....

groove16
05-15-2013, 10:59 PM
these next few may be the rockhouse

and this might be the bridge at the rock house

my buddy Larry, as we check out a cave
pretty cool cave

an old bar inside the cave

and looking back out of the cave

541lion
05-16-2013, 01:29 AM
How'd those peppers turn out???

Fred Stripe
05-16-2013, 05:36 AM
Next time you snorkel,spit in the facemask and rub it around.Helps stop the fog.Also if you get stung by a jellyfish have someone pee on it?? Fun facts to know & tell.

groove16
05-16-2013, 06:23 AM
Next time you snorkel,spit in the facemask and rub it around.Helps stop the fog.Also if you get stung by a jellyfish have someone pee on it?? Fun facts to know & tell.

do I pee in a cup and pour it on, or do I use the "point and shoot" method? hehehe

Accompong
05-16-2013, 07:01 AM
do I pee in a cup and pour it on, or do I use the "point and shoot" method? hehehe
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Story?id=2283933&page=1#.UZS_0hjD-1s

Some people just like to watch and some like getting peed on I guess! :cool:

Peace and Guidance

Mike_D
05-16-2013, 07:50 AM
It looks like the first place in post #25 is the Mirage. I can tell by the clothing-optional sunbathers :cool:

OAngie
05-16-2013, 09:33 AM
I am loving this report. I want to see you in your wife's clothes though :)

541lion
05-16-2013, 11:11 AM
Akward!!

68Stang
05-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Great Posts. I love the report. How many people are usually on Vincent's boat? Might want to see if I can get him on Friday the 7th. of June. My wife wants to go snorkeling.I have never done it..

groove16
05-16-2013, 12:05 PM
How'd those peppers turn out???

I like peppers, and they were great...just like I like my peppers, fluffy, smelly, and too sticky to eat....has to be cut up before it goes in sandwich...

groove16
05-16-2013, 12:07 PM
It looks like the first place in post #25 is the Mirage. I can tell by the clothing-optional sunbathers :cool:

I went back to take a look....u got me...must be one of those "can u find the cat in the pic" cuz I looked everywhere for the sunbathers....lol

groove16
05-16-2013, 12:09 PM
I am loving this report. I want to see you in your wife's clothes though :)

thanks OAngie, I don't think there were many pics taken, although I was told many times that my panties sure were soft...lol

groove16
05-16-2013, 12:15 PM
Great Posts. I love the report. How many people are usually on Vincent's boat? Might want to see if I can get him on Friday the 7th. of June. My wife wants to go snorkeling.I have never done it..

this was my 1st trip, Im sure Rina will correct me, if need be, but when we went we had 6, and picked up 2 more couples....it coulda held more, im sure, but Ive seen 2 people in the boat before...the more he has, Im guessing the less it will cost....again i had never successfully snorkeled, so I think he is great....Larry didnt snorkel, so I think he charged him a less.....many options to chose from to snorkel, I can't recommend anyone but Vincent...a guided snorkel experience...

groove16
05-16-2013, 08:04 PM
All along these cliffs, u can find a spot to jump...

3 dives

xtabi--I love this place with all the caves and such and some good jumping spots

I think this is kaiser or something like that, closed, and prob for sale

groove16
05-16-2013, 08:18 PM
sailing right along, samsara

now the blue cave castle...
we spent one night here in 2010...very neat indeed
jump from the cliffs or enter the sea thru the cave in the middle of the property

i dont know this place

groove16
05-16-2013, 08:40 PM
after our snorkeling trip, we have to stop for gas....

a fishing boat pulling in the nets

we dock behind burger king and roger pulls the gas tank out of the boat and walks to get the gas

trying salvage a ship

a look up the river

sea birds and pelicans

our boat of peeps

groove16
05-16-2013, 08:53 PM
on our way back home we pass these places

canoe bar

i guess this place is closed

mi yard

swordfish

I got pics of all the same palces on the way back, then the dolphins, then we come upon these fisherman
the fish was taller than the boys trying to hold it up

groove16
05-16-2013, 09:06 PM
looks like a great relaxing station to chill

back to catcha falling star and the place I did most of my jumping later in the stay

we jump off all these cliffs, and a look at the real lighthouse

groove16
05-16-2013, 09:35 PM
after our snorkel trip, we head to catcha gardens, have a few beers and chill with old and new friends...I love these people....

on to seastar for lunch, at about 4pm....I have the seastar burger and share some poutine in rina and larry, a canadian specialty...we would call it gravy, cheese fries....lol

after eating, we all head to hi-lo downtown for supplies...i get a couple 6 packs of red stripe, some wata and juices, say goodbyes and grab a route taxi to fun holiday

i walk from fun holiday to yellowbird for the famous 2 for 1 drinks

my 1st ever drinks at the yellowbird, 2 dirty bananas...

beginning of the 2nd sunset with the party boat passing by

finish the drinks and walk to my old hangout, bourbon beach...I'll just say bourbon beach does not have the same vibe as it did last time, Kevin leaving has made a big difference...they need him back...nothing bad happened, just not the same folks around and a different vibe

and the last pic of day 2..a nice sunset pic

nothing happening at bb tonight, so I head back to fun holiday...it is next door to roots bamboo, which has yellowman and jamaica michael jackson tonight....

i eat a few snacks from the room, then sit on the deck with a few guests and the security and can hear the music very clear...and not as loud as usual, really just right from our deck....subs and beers from my cooler end a good day with a full moon....

541lion
05-17-2013, 12:28 AM
Sounds like a Great end to a night

Flipadelphia26
05-17-2013, 07:48 AM
Groove. I agree 100% with your assessment of bourbon. It's a shame, because thanksgiving and New Years we spent a lot of time there. Hell we stayed there over New Years and 2 nights at the end of our New Years trip.

It wasn't an awful experience this time around. It just wasn't that good of an experience. Maybe it's just going through some growing pains? I hope anyway.

I'll give it another try in August.

groove16
05-17-2013, 08:01 PM
flip, we share many of the same ideas...

groove16
05-17-2013, 08:39 PM
on to day 3 tuesday, april 23....one of the reasons I am early was the rock robster returns party, which is tonight at 3 dives....

I chat with my wife on facebook every night while waiting on her arrival...last night she cracked me up...1st we all got sunburned from our snorkel trip on oour back and on the backs of our legs...Janet had been chatting with rina and rina told them they were off to bed after the long day and all worn out...she asked me what I was gonna do, and I told her i had already done it, was chillin on the deck listening to the music from roots...she responded with a "well get your sleep now, I arrive tomoorrow and ain't no 9 oclock bedtime" She told Rina she was bringing sun block for her and 5 hour energy for all of us...hehehe...

I have been coughing my head off, and it is terrible at night
I take my morning walk again to wild parrot from fun holiday...

fisherman cleaning the morning catch

from various spots on the beach

I need some lunch, consider fun holiday, but decide that if they couldnt have me a cold red stripe when I need it, then Im not gonna chance a meal....
So I head down the beach, trying to decide what I want...somewhere down the beach, it hit me...box lunch, and the only one I could think of was Fatties...have eaten at fatties many times and not disappointed....got a 300ja box of brown stew chicken, with rice and peas.
I am going to take time to say that we came in way under budget..the hotel and everything like that, already planned and shopped around early...so I budgeted for meals, excursions, drinks, subs, taxis, and etc...then I threw in a little padding and we agreed that would be it....well, I was very conscious of the budget and made sure to cut back early so we could splurge later since we would have a cushion...I like the box lunches anyway...so I ate more than 10 of them this trip and mix in a couple days of patties for lunch, snacks in the room, red stripe out of the cooler in certain situations and using the route taxi system when possible..we added 4 more days at the end and still came in a little under the budget of the original trip .walked across the street to bourbon beach and ate my lunch there...then I walk back towards home, stopping for a couple 2 for 1 drinks at.....guess where
yep, the yellow bird....

groove16
05-17-2013, 09:40 PM
got my jamaica phone from kingsley, and it had a little time on it he said, tried to call my driver a couple of times and couldnt get it to go through...

so I route taxi my way to 3 dives--400J, gave him 500, and someone hit some buttons on my phone and I had no minutes...like a true jamaican, I am told...a phone but no minutes...lol...

tonight I get to meet Rock Robster as he is throwing a party for his return and is mixing it in with the web cast, a pre-boardie bash party to kick off the week...He paid the band a likke extra to start ealy and play later and it was on...

3 dives is known for the jerk chicken, but tonight they were cleaning out the freezer of lobster, as season was out, and wanted to empty the supply...lobster special on tap...

pics of xtabi, I love this place and take pics of it every time I am around it

I like these shots of the colorful things on sale in the shop across the street

lobster dinner minus one lobster..lol

getting the party started

jim and donna

add rina in with jim and donna

groove16
05-17-2013, 09:53 PM
bea getting in the groove

our old friend, gary cooper

beginning of the sunset

bea getting her groove on

rob and rob (rock robster)

bnewb and beachgirl

groove16
05-17-2013, 10:13 PM
hello dolly

larry and rick---two good ole biker boyz from canada

add in sweet sweet carolyn

interested couple in jesse and dang on the right and add in rina on the left

a shot of the party

and the sunset and last pic of the day

we party at 3 dives....I tell jim and donna I was gonna share a taxi back to the beach with them... a little later they are ready, party still going strong...never mind, I'm staying...larry, rina and my group leave an hour later, but party still going strong...I tell rock robster I am sharing a taxi to the beach with him, ok he says....well about midnight and the only ones left are dang and jesse, rob, lisa, rock rob, bea, myself, and a couple more....we decide to move the party to eddie's debar, keep it in the family...so some ride and some walk to debar...we are the only ones there, and we start all over again....30 minutes into the gig, a van pulls in and I hear....oh, thats groove, theres rob and lisa, there is....and now joing the party is......WPYOGI stef and drew....1st time meeting these 2 and i now have some new friends....i also got to meet chicken the driver.....i will have more fun with him later....we party until I don't know when, then catch a ride back to fun holiday...

tomorrow is moving day and the much anticipated arrival of my sweet, beautiful wife, Janet...

Roy Mon !
05-18-2013, 06:39 AM
Great job on the trip report groove , I`m loving it.

rinakim
05-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Waiting very impatiently for more .........

groove16
05-21-2013, 08:21 PM
I have been having trouble with this next part...it has been written and erased many times...I am just gonna tell it like it happened....

On with the trip report...

Today is moving day for me, and it is the arrival of my wife, Janet...It is actually moving day for all of us, we will reunite at white sands...We didn't know anything about white sands, because we never stayed on this end ofthe beach...my friend got a deal from work, and we all decided to stay here...

I get up at my regular time, and take my morning walk on the beach. I decide to walk towards town, find my driver if I can and arrange my move. I am successful at doing all of this. I walk back to Fun Holiday and then to White Sands to go ahead and try to check in....No problem...Room is ready, U can check in when you get ready to... I walk back to F.H., gather my things, call my driver and I am off...I get checked in, no problem....Janet and I are staying beachside, and Our friends are staying in 2 rooms on the garden side...we knew the rooms on garden side were bigger, but we chose to be closer to the beach...The office at W.S. is on the garden side, I get my key and we drive to the beach side, unload all my luggage, about 5 minutes, and then I head to town for supplys. I tell my driver what I need and he takes me to the fruit stand for soem pineapples, to the china man store for 2 cases of red stripe, wata, and juices, thru the Burger King drive thru for a bag of ice, and a box lunch 300ja at king fisherman outside whistling bird...ate here about 6 times this trip....

well, we pull into the beach side at white sands...there is a spot about the length of a bus then there are some flower pots blocking the drive, an area just big enuff for a driver to park and unload the guest...that is what everyone i asked thought it was for...so here we go....my driver grabs a handful of stuff, I grab lunch and ice and we go to the room...I stay in the room, he goes to get the beer, and brings it back...I pay him and he is off...it takes about 5 minutes, max from start to finish...I close my door, open my door to the veranda, becasue the room is still hot, and I hear some yelling...I look out and it is my driver and someone, and it is getting louder...I head out and as I round the corner of the building (I am upstairs), I hear a lot of jibberish that I can't understand, and see my driver and this guy and lady on a golf cart. .the guy is sitting there, saying something on occasion, but the lady is shooting birds, saying f$^* you, and get the fook out of here, steadily showing the middle finger...driver is yelling, golfcart man is yelling, lady is screaming....a bumb***** here, a f u there, blah blah blah, I yell what is going on, I am told to stay out of it, mind my business by golf cart man...that is my driver and he was just unloading my things....I dont care who he is, he cant park here, you park across the road and bring the things across....(although this wasnt said, it is expected to cross the busy road with no cross walk with your stuff instead of parking in what appeared to everyone I surveyed that week as a loading zone, about 3 people..hehehe) as golf cart man is yelling at me, the 2 others are really getting loud, f. u., and something about your mother, and the golf cart man turns his attention backto the driver...one or two more exchanges, golf cart man said something, driver gets to his car, yells at me that he will not pick me up again at this property, and I yelled back to him that you dont have to worry about me calling you back to this property....driver left, golf cart drove off, and i go back to my room, baffled at what just happened...
all this and it is about 12 oclock, but wait, it gets even better/...I eat my lunch, my sub, have a drink and get ready for Janet...I see Rina and Larry head by my room to the beach, they had just checked in.
Okay I needed to take some info back to the office, and I wanted to report what I had witnessed...In my opinion, it was uncalled for...well as I cross the road and get half way to the office, here comes the golf cart, the man was alone...I tried to stop him to find out what was going on and he passed right on by me...at this point I didnt know who he was, at first I thought he was a guest, then as it escalated, I realized he was with the property...he drove a piece, then whipped it around and came back...i asked him what happened, he said something I didnt understand, I said excuse me, then he something else. I said I don't know exactly what happened but it got out of hand..then he said it clear...GO FOOK YOURSELF!!!!thats what i thought he said the 1st time...who the fook are you? I am the fooking owner...before I could respond, he continued, I can't believe you come to a foriegn country and disrespect the locals like this...we don't need your type here, get your things and get off the property...I said something, he said something and then he was off....I am now very upset, i walk into the office, and the lady ata the desk asked me what is wrong before I could say a word.....I tell a piece of the story and I burst into tears...not like me, but here is what is running through my mind...wtf....i was just checking in...my wife will be here in less than an hour, and she has no where to stay...i dont mind moving, but my friends all just checked in...3 rooms total...6 nights each...

so she calls frances out...he hears me out, and this time I will say that Frances was the nicest man I may have met...he did all he could to make me happy, and didnt really kiss my azz to do it....free steak and lobster all week would not have changed what happened...come to find out, frances tells me this is the owner and his daughter ...that is even worse in my opinion...frances tells me to go to my room, and he will be there in a likkle while...well, he comes to my room and here it is...the owner is upset at the driver as some disrespectful things were said...I ask about loading bags across the road, he said that is what we have henry for, he will get your bags...i didnt know about henry, i was just checking in..he said that would normally okay, but we were there a long time, and the owner couldnt get his golfcart by...no we were not there long, and how would i know there rules, even if he says the driver should have....frances, says he understands, blah blah...so here is the deal...u can get a full refund, your friends can get a full refund and we will part that way...or you can stay and just avoid the owner if at all possible....so Janet gets there, automatically thinks I am at fault...then she talks to a worker who saw the whole thing, and it was explained to here just like I said....the driver adn the owners daughter both said some ugly things...but I didnt...but really, I didnt have a chance to say much...so now she wants to move...they can't talk to you like that....but I had been thinking and here was my plan...no need for her to suffer..she was just getting here...so were our friends....so, lets stay tonight and if we decide, lets move in the morning...so that's what we did....

sorry about the ramble.....but the story had to be told...good thing I didnt do an onsite trip report, or according to my notes, I probably would have been banned for some of the things I was gonna say about the incident....

alot of people on here like white sands, and it is a nice property, and I am not gonna trash the place or say things that are not true, but I am gonna say how I and MY Group were treated...

we have been vacationing for 25 years. we have been to negril 4 times now and have stayed at Grand Pineapple, Negril Beach Club (motel part, not condos) Blue cave castle with no air, Legends, Catcha, Fun Holiday, Sheilds, BarB Barn....have had no wata, no hot water, no pressure, no current, a/c out, slow service....etc....we are not hard to please, use maid service about every 3 days, and usually take care of ourselves.....**** happpens, u won't hear us complain or trash a place on here about things they can not control...but service and how i am treated will get reported, from my point of view...

groove16
05-21-2013, 08:43 PM
Now on to a better vibe....Janets arrival and her 1st meeting with our old friends...

janets trip was a great one...she met up with Katho and they shared a pre arranged ride to Negril with Kingsley...I will take this time to say that we love us some Katho...she is so sweet...at this point, I had yet to meet her, but that will come later...anyway, they made a stop or two for red stripes, and Janet had a buzz when she got there...hell, I was sober and freaking at this point...so off to the beach

the reunion of Janet and Rina

the 1st child to receive Janets and Rinas kindness

Janet and long lost bro Larry

selling fruits and nuts

horses join the party

then a dog also joins

how many legs are there is this picture?

Jambarney
05-21-2013, 08:48 PM
Wow, Groove thanks for your honesty. We were just about to book the villa for our son's graduation trip next spring, kind of thinking twice after reading this.

Love the report and your pic's man.

Jamb

groove16
05-21-2013, 09:12 PM
The special at white sands was 2 for 1 rum punches and I had the cooler full of ice cold red stripe, so we were all having a blast...Janet says this was one of her most fun beach days of the trip, and she didnt get there until about 3pm...Great company always makes for great times....

Our friend Ali shows up and plays a few tunes for us, while his partner sings....

rasta monkey shows up on the horse

carolyn and the dog

wanna share?

Janet Rasmarko and Ali

Rasta monkey and the musician...larry gave him some guitar strings and he got several other things from us, along with some $$$$
he played several tunes for us....works very hard to make a few bucks despite his missing leg...pretty good musician too

and the last pic of the day

The drinks were flowin, the subs were rollin, the sun was beatin, and most had not eaten....that meant we were getting past the buzzed stage and entering the drunk stage...hehehe, and we were....gary and steph and arrived at wild parrot and called to say they were heading down...they met up with us and we all partied together...
I don't know how long this lasted because not more pics to help with the memory...no sun set pic...I remember walking to larry and rinas room with Janet and Rina arm in arm, laughing and giggling and having a great time....we enjoy their room and veranda for quite awhile until?????i do remember their room being much larger than ours...

anyway we head to our room, I remember being hungry, Janet wanted to go to bourbon beach to see our old friends and eat jerk chicken, my notes say we walked to bourbon beach and it was dead, walked back up the beach and we ate trash can chicken from delta, same as I did earlier...

groove16
05-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Wow, Groove thanks for your honesty. We were just about to book the villa for our son's graduation trip next spring, kind of thinking twice after reading this.

Love the report and your pic's man.

Jamb

loved meeting you and your lovely wife, and had some fun times with you...the villas were very impressive, as the blandys were staying there, and we got to hang there some...the private pool is great....I will give you all the info you want, if u need it...pm me...

2nutz4travel
05-22-2013, 06:40 AM
Thanks Groove for the TR! I wondered what had happened at WS...

It was such a pleasure meeting all of you, wish we could have spent more time together but you were all soooooooo busy :) And for all who haven't had the pleasure of meeting your lovely wife yet, she really is one of the nicest, kindest people I've ever met...

STRIPER
05-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Hey,there's no crying in baseball(Jk);)

kaycee
05-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Loving this report! Sorry about your bad experience though...

groove16
05-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Hey,there's no crying in baseball(Jk);)

I'll take that, my wife asked me last night if I realized that I admitted that I was reduced to tears and it was gonna be read by millions, or at least 20 people....

well, it happened so i'm telling it...it was more because my wife had sent me to paradise for 3 days and when she was to arrive, it was suppose to be all set up...she was not to worry about exchange $$$, getting supplies, etc...all to be taken care of.....now an hour before her arrival, I don't know where she is gonna stay, and what about my friends?....it all worked out, but during the heat of the moment, I lost it...it was that or go turn that golfcart over, which I thought about doing...I turned 50 in april, who knows what would have happened if I was still 49....georgia redneck might have come out...j/k....lol

groove16
05-22-2013, 01:54 PM
Thanks Groove for the TR! I wondered what had happened at WS...

It was such a pleasure meeting all of you, wish we could have spent more time together but you were all soooooooo busy :) And for all who haven't had the pleasure of meeting your lovely wife yet, she really is one of the nicest, kindest people I've ever met...

It was great meeting you guys as well....and I thank you again for the word up on the pub crawl, best time ever....I was wondering how to recognize people from the board, but you made it easy for me...saw a 2nutz t shirt first, then the 2 nutz bag....lol...we love you guys....

and yes, she will thank you for the compliment...i get that alot....what about me? i'm sweet, nice, kind....yeah right...lol...not many of my friends use those words to describe me...everyone loves janet, for great reason, I'm one of those that you either get or you don't...and i'm ok with that, no need of being phony just to be liked...cuz i try to like everyone, i like the group, the more the merrier type of thing....

glad to have met you guys, and hope to see you again...

groove16
05-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Loving this report! Sorry about your bad experience though...

thanks Kaycee, it's all good,...my wife read your trip report and loved your pics...one of her favorite people that she has yet to meet....and she almost booked me at pure gardens for those 1st 3 days, because of your report....

lanetop
05-22-2013, 02:22 PM
they must be doing good business to afford cursing and throwing out all those paid up guests

541lion
05-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Dude for real thank you, we were thinking white sands for our first night.. And now that's out!! Pure was my next.. But I want a balcony for baking subs and chilling out and AC for sleeping cuz I won't have it any other places were gonna stay.. So iam thinking fun holiday...

bjritz
05-22-2013, 02:42 PM
This report is so wonderful. Just loved your cliff tour by boat - awesome. I chatted that 3 Dives party on the webcast and had a blast with all the "finger" boardies. It was great to see all of you parade by once in a while. Like your pictures, you are truly capturing the beach vibe. Sorry about your bump in the road, but you sound like the recovery was swift. Looking forward to more.

Patricia
05-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Enjoying your report/pictures ~ it's helping me to get in "gear" for our upcoming trip :o

kaycee
05-22-2013, 03:31 PM
thanks Kaycee, it's all good,...my wife read your trip report and loved your pics...one of her favorite people that she has yet to meet....and she almost booked me at pure gardens for those 1st 3 days, because of your report....

Aww:) really? Hopefully one day we can meet! I try not to stay at the same place twice but the deal they have is irrestible!

Jim-Donna
05-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Oh Groove REAL MEN CRY~~ LOVE ya man!.......and your wife is a SWEETIE!

STRIPER
05-22-2013, 08:05 PM
Yeah what they said! I'm digging yours reports And sometimes (too often) ill try to lighten it up by being a wise as# ,keep on keepen on!

poolguywindsor
05-22-2013, 08:24 PM
Good report, I would have grabbed my suitcase and been outa there, I never liked anything about that place or the owner!!

groove16
05-22-2013, 10:08 PM
hey striper, its cool cuz, I'm a smart azz as well, doesn't bother me a bit...

groove16
05-22-2013, 10:17 PM
Good report, I would have grabbed my suitcase and been outa there, I never liked anything about that place or the owner!!

thanks dave, the owner is a piece of .... work, IMO....I partied a little with Ben and Jackie this trip, u have left ur trail in many places, my friend...

I played softball in detroit a few years back...we went across the border to canada to a casino and some clubs...would that have been windsor, maybe?

got to the border, my buddy left his id in the room, and not only could he not get into canada, they wouldnt let him back in usa until we got his id, and then they ran all kind of checks before letting him go....took several hours to clear...

groove16
05-22-2013, 11:09 PM
the Journey continues...

we get up the next morning, and Janet and I decide we are not staying in this small room, and are gonna try to get everyone to move...I call the place that I am moving to in 5 days, Shields, and they can take all of us at a great rate...So we meet at breakfast and find out Rina can't get a refund cuz she didnt pay for her room...she got a free 6 nights from her work or something....that is the reason we stayed at white sands in the 1st place...so we could all be together...well, if we can get a room in the same building, we will bite our tongue and stay her, so we can all be together...Frances was able to accomadate us and we made the move...Henry toted my bags, and I got everything sttled while Janet set up on the beach...so I have gone against everything that I wanted to do, take my $$$$ and spend it elsewhere, flipping a golf cart over on the way...j/k....but I sacrificed for the group...and i guess i am glad i did, not anything to do with white sands as we had a couple more instances go bad, but because once we did move and split up, we didnt spend very much time together....

While Henry moves my stuff, I'm not doing much to make this move, it is on W.S., although all of the workers at everyplace we stay love us, especially my wife...I enjoy my subs while I wait, and then after getting settled, I head to the beach to join my wife...It is very hot...Gary and Steph had just passed by and were heading to Alfreds for lunch, she said...so we walked down to join them...

when we get there, we see other familiar faces
Lisa, steph, and gary

I am trying to hide behind a pole...and a leaf.....hehehe

at Alfreds, we meet up with bella bea, rock robster, rob, lisa, dawn, the blandy's and their guests, along with gary/steph

we ordered fish and chips, which are very good at alfreds...

everyone to the water

groove16
05-22-2013, 11:30 PM
We head back to ws and Janet wants to lay in the sun for a little longer... I go to room, hang with my friends, and then we are get ready to head to Canoe bar for the thursday night webcast...we meet smokin kevin, babalou, rasta stan and betty, big roy, gary/steph, dawn, and our group, plus many that I didnt know...

rob doing what rob does

looking through the goodie gift bags

rock robster, rina, larry, bea,

rasta stan, beach girl dawn

group shot

groove16
05-22-2013, 11:42 PM
view from canoe bar behind my head

the sweetest woman in the world

the band playing by the sea

rock robster, i see dang and jesse, and connie

connie from c & d country bar

the view from canoe bar

groove16
05-22-2013, 11:50 PM
the sunset, missed the one yesterday....I like this shot

and the last pic of the night as rasta monkey appears again

we stay at canoe until dark thirty, and then several of us move to bourbon beach to listen to live reggae music...Janet wins a ticket to the saturday night show, but we are doing seastar saturday night, so maybe afterwards....

we stay about an hour, then head back to ws, have a nightcap on the veranda, and chill....tommorrow is the boardie bash....

2nutz4travel
05-23-2013, 06:38 AM
Keep it comin' groove! Ya know we luv you to - you are one crazy $$$ :)

Flipadelphia26
05-23-2013, 07:21 AM
So far so good groove. Looks like the boardie bash is next.

groove16
05-23-2013, 12:23 PM
So far so good groove. Looks like the boardie bash is next.

yeah and the arrival of a couple of friends that I know from Philadelphia...

two4today
05-23-2013, 02:04 PM
Loving da report mi brother!

GG and I are trying to find a way back to da island, maybe later this summer ...

But first, Punta Cana in 15 days ....:)

Flipadelphia26
05-23-2013, 02:20 PM
yeah and the arrival of a couple of friends that I know from Philadelphia...

Nice. Looking forward to tonight's installment.

Tropical62
05-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Great Report!!!!! Keep it coming!!!!!!!

groove16
05-23-2013, 04:57 PM
Loving da report mi brother!

GG and I are trying to find a way back to da island, maybe later this summer ...

But first, Punta Cana in 15 days ....:)

My buddy two4today....enjoy your upcoming trip...how about just putting off your Negril trip and joining us on next years boardie bash?....you 2 would have a blast....trust me on this....most fun ever

groove16
05-23-2013, 05:32 PM
thanks for all the props, folks...makes this more fun...I enjoy reflecting on my trip, and a slow review of my pics help me do this...

Friday 4/26/13 day 6 of our adventure in paradise...

my group all cross paths in the morning at breakfast although it is never planned...janet has coffee, rina, carolyn, and rick usually have a bite to eat and coffee, and i have a sub, no coffee for me, never liked the stuff...and I take a walk down the beach...Larry usually sleeps in...same routine most mornings...today is the boardie bash, and it is all of our 1st one, so we are excited...this is why we are here...we are getting ready to head that way when we saw a guy with some fresh cut fruit and he said the fruit truck was here..guess it comes on friday....we all go check it out and buy a good bit of the fruit...I'll tell you that this was my breakfast and snacks for the next few days...very sweet, juicy and messy...mangos, papaya, and pineapples...and the small bananas...

As we are taking the fruit back to the room, I hear a big KABOOM right behind me and I swear to you I just missed being clobbered in the head by a falling breadfruit...I am serious, the witnesses can verify, that thing would have knocked me out....I will tell u this, when I walked that walk back to my room, everytime from then on, I was looking up, and not walking under the trees...very scary...stupid place, even the fruit had it out for me....hehehe...

On to Wild parrot....I haven't mentioned yet how cute Larry and Rina are in the matching shirts...ain't they purty?

there are people everywhere....some we have met, most we have not...and alot we never got to meet, sorry, it was just so hard to get around to everyone...if you see yourself in some of these pics, let me know who you are...

after a little while, we start gathering for the group pic....

several friendly faces in this pic---

groove16
05-23-2013, 05:51 PM
lots of faces, too many to name

there were quite a few who stayed at the bar and did not get in the group photo...this was a pretty big party

gary/steph

random shots

friends from a previous reach---meinvancouver and dolly

Katho and 2nutz4travel---2 cool canadians

Janet and DaveVols

group photo

groove16
05-23-2013, 06:06 PM
one of my new friends, flipadelphia, and his driver African, explaining it all to rob

the wild parrot was a good spot for this party, the beach was wide, and the beers were cold...

random shots

connie from the country bar on west end road...she is at all the partys

knee pads

the bash raised several hundred dollars in donations and gifts given to father jim for the soup kitchen

groove16
05-23-2013, 06:24 PM
flip and jackie---

me and my lovely wife

I believe I can fly

2nutz4travel---a very cool couple I want to see again

rick and carolyn

muzicdoc, crissy, and katho---doc u got it made, son

rob and lisa

nice toes

bubba keg bump

groove16
05-23-2013, 06:43 PM
the horses make their way by

the very entertaining rock robster and jim sharing a laugh

WPYOGI--stef and drew

flip and boog---boogers taste like chicken---and yes you did shave your balls for this

people everywhere

stef is always laughing and enjoying herself, what it is all about

roy mon...big roy

jesse, lisa, and dang

groove16
05-23-2013, 06:54 PM
random shots

I changed shirts, can u find me?

poolguywindsor
05-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Great pictures of the boardie bash that I will never get to go to until I retire!

groove16
05-23-2013, 08:47 PM
after the boardie bash started to thin out, we head down the beach in search of some food on the way back to the room...

we stop at sun beach and decide this is the place....

groove16
05-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Janet and I split a meal, and the chicken pumpkin soup was great...

a little cloudy on the sunset tonight, but still beautiful

as we were finishing up, there 2 boys were walking by and had something in a box...Janet called them over to see, it was a couple of baby birds...they said they had rescued them and were gonna take them home to try and save them...

the boys were happy looking thru larrys binoculars while janet and rina held the birds

we gave them some candy and a couple toys...he looks like he is happy with his new yo-yo...

we head off for home...we see the 2 boys again, and they are sharing their candy with 2 other smaller boys that they were now with...
their act of kindness with their friends got them some more candy...we like the pills...the what...the pills...the little smarties....anyway, gave them a bigger supply, since we knew they were not gonna be stingy with it...

Janet and I see the blandys out in the yard a little later and we are invited over to hang out for awhile..this is their last night, and they are staying in the villas, with the private pool...we got the tour and it is very nice....the pool is awesome...it was great meeting and hanging out with them...we had fun with all the people we met....this island just makes everyone so happy and friendly...they said they loved the place, but had an issue and would not be returning to white sands...they did not say what it was, but it was bad enuff that they said although the villa was great, it was not worth the hassle they had...so it was not just me that had a problem....this was our 1st time actually seeing the blandys on the property...wish we would have seen them earlier, cuz I would have spent some time around that pool....never used the regular pool, cuz it just wasn't appealing to me...

we left the blandys place and hopped a ride to alfred's...we partied until after midnight...alfred's ocean palace usually plays the reggae tunes that you can actually understand and gets the dance floor moving...best night spot on the beach, imo, u will get bigger names at roots and bourbon....we meet audrey here at alfreds, and janet had a new friend...they talk the whole time...janet makes friends so easy at the bar...such a social barfly...

after we leave, we walk back on the road...we were not looking for food, but we run into step-a-side and his trash can chicken...we had his chicken several times in past trips and it is the best imo...his barrel had been hit by a car a few months back and he just now getting back on his way... he is hanging between fun holiday and white sands on the road...Marshalls chicken is still the best to me...moist...best we had on this trip and we had a few...also the cheapest at 400 per quarter...

Muzikdoc
05-24-2013, 01:39 AM
Groove...It was great to finally meet you, Seems every trip I meet a few "special" characters I enjoy hanging out with and look forward to meeting again, You my friend are one of those characters..lol..I love your free and easy personality and hope to see you next reach..Great Report and Pics!

poolguywindsor
05-24-2013, 05:49 AM
Good to know Stepaside is back, lucky he stepped aside as hi cart was destroyed!

2nutz4travel
05-24-2013, 06:07 AM
Thanks for the pics of the bash - almost makes me feel like I was there :rolleyes:! LOL Keep it comin'...

VVHT
05-24-2013, 08:12 AM
Very very nice stuff!

Thank you for taking the time to share!

VVHT

Ladynegril
05-24-2013, 09:29 AM
Enjoying your report immensely.Keep it coming :cool:

billndonna
05-24-2013, 09:42 AM
Great report and pictures,we only made it to one April boardie bash and it was a blast.Hope to make it back in April again one year but for now November is the only time we can get away.Keep this awesome report coming please!!

murph
05-24-2013, 10:03 AM
yeah groove, lovin the report man!

BostonBob
05-24-2013, 10:05 AM
Trash can chicken.. Never heard it referred to that way but like it. Great report Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

two4today
05-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Let mi speak to the 'boss' ....:)

bjritz
05-24-2013, 11:37 AM
This report has that laid back vibe that we go to Negril to enjoy, thanks for sharing. The boardie pics are so nice. Everyone is happy. Keep it real and keep it coming!

Melody
05-24-2013, 06:15 PM
So bummed, met Rina & crew at Cafe Goa the day you arrived...had gotten a bad cold/flu a couple of days into my stay. Felt lousy. Didn't get to meet you and many others. My last full day was the day of the bash and I was just a few feet away at Coco but felt horrible. Didn't even make an appearance... :( maybe next year... Sounds like I missed out on so much fun!

groove16
05-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Groove...It was great to finally meet you, Seems every trip I meet a few "special" characters I enjoy hanging out with and look forward to meeting again, You my friend are one of those characters..lol..I love your free and easy personality and hope to see you next reach..Great Report and Pics!

Phil, i was glad to meet u as well,not many chances in life to hang out with a world champion..."Bellyflop Champion of the World"

groove16
05-25-2013, 03:02 PM
This report has that laid back vibe that we go to Negril to enjoy, thanks for sharing. The boardie pics are so nice. Everyone is happy. Keep it real and keep it coming!

Was sorry to hear when u cancelled your trip, and wasn't able to join us....look forward to one day crossing paths

groove16
05-25-2013, 03:04 PM
So bummed, met Rina & crew at Cafe Goa the day you arrived...had gotten a bad cold/flu a couple of days into my stay. Felt lousy. Didn't get to meet you and many others. My last full day was the day of the bash and I was just a few feet away at Coco but felt horrible. Didn't even make an appearance... :( maybe next year... Sounds like I missed out on so much fun!

Yes, Rina mentioned you to someone and I asked who she was talking about..She told me she met you, as we were being informed on how sick u were...sorry you were sick on your trip....I also had a cough and was feeling a touch of something for most of my trip...went to the pharmacy in town, which should be in the next installment...

groove16
05-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Trash can chicken.. Never heard it referred to that way but like it. Great report Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

yea, we have some grills at home made out of those "trash can" barrels...

groove16
05-25-2013, 03:07 PM
thanks for all the props, it is very much appreciated...

groove16
05-25-2013, 03:25 PM
On saturday, APril 27, the boardie bash events continued with a trip to Abekuta...Janet had been wanting us to plan a trip here for 2 trips now, but it never happened...

We had to meet at the Burger King in town at 10am to catch the bus...as the rest of my group is getting ready, I leave early and meet them at the BK...I exchange some $$$ and go to the pharmacy to get something for my cough...she recomends HYSTAL....this stuff helped slow my cough, but it lingered for most of our trip...

We load the bus, and head to Sav la mar for our trip...we stop and pick up Lisa on the way...everyone is hungry so we stop at juicy patties for snacks...

our driver Norman

I get this combo, plus an extra patty

the pattys were very good...
juicy patty has a drive through, chinese rest. next door, and the shopper fair supermarket...

we went to shopper fair for a couple cases of red stripe, cheap and cold

groove16
05-25-2013, 04:05 PM
We continue on our way to Abekuta...It is said that this is one of the most laid back groups ever...I think we were all a little short on energy after the last few days of events...well, I know I was...we arrive at the property and it is beautiful...the lady who runs the place is named Annie and we met her the day before at the bash...She is a wonderful host..

I'm sure they told us the history of the place, but I was out of it that day....the cough medication, the subs, the sun, the rum, and all the partys have turned me into a zombie...
good thing for pictures from this day....

the grill--trash can style---

the pool

rob and our host---annie

ice cold water, and crumbs from my patty

bea

Lisa

Janet

Lisa

muzikdoc and crissy

our bag and all our stuff

Kimbobwee
05-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Thanx for the journey........made me feel as if I was there!!

groove16
05-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Where is my smile? Did the man on the golfcart ride by? I think I need a sub and a nap...

so that is what I did...there a few pics floating around of me with my eyes closed, so I can't deny it...hehehe

Well, they offer a tour of the property and a trial...janet goes along, I do as described above...so here are the pics from the tour...

this statue has a story, made from tires and ??? someone help please..

pics

groove16
05-25-2013, 04:34 PM
the tour continued

groove16
05-25-2013, 04:41 PM
the valley behind the bar at abekuta

the bar

groove16
05-25-2013, 04:56 PM
the pool at abekuta is a natural spring fed pool and is very old...might be the oldest, I don't remember...It has a stream running to it from one side, it has an overflow on the other and it is constantly being refilled....it also has these little fish in it that love to eat the dead skin on the bottom of your feet, your own little pedicure...

u can see the little fish in this pic

so people sit on the edge, feet in the water and let the fish do what they do

so u can see the water fall into the pool in these 1st 2 pics, and overflow back out in the 2nd 2 pics

groove16
05-25-2013, 05:06 PM
random shots of the people

see the corn hole boards, I get beat by rick, i think 4-2 when we needed more refreshments and quit..

groove16
05-25-2013, 05:13 PM
this is a great place to relax...I had my nap and am now ready to take on the island...last few pics I chose to share

groove16
05-25-2013, 05:36 PM
I will back track for a minute...Rick and Carolyn had more problems and white sands...they were not satisfied with their room, it had a smell, among other problems....no other rooms available to swap, so they decided they had enuff at white sands....forgot to mention to incident at the bar...Rina charged a round of drink to her room...signed for them, we all witness it...Janet and Rina have a good buzz, but me and Larry, as well as rick and carolyn are pretty clear headed at this point...a little while later, Janet orders a beer, and Rina orders a 2 for 1 special, well Larry wants diet pepsi, and orders that and pays for rinas drinks as well...I order a 2 for 1 and pay for mine and janets beer....As we are leaving, Janet orders another beer, and goes to pay for it, the bartender tells her she owes for her last beer, and then starts yelling at rina, as she is leaving...larry had already left...you need to sign for your last drinks....rina signs and leaves, as janet gets me to see if I paid for her beer...rick and I went to the bar and the bartender was raising his voice at my wife, rick reminded him that so she didnt pay for it, but i paid for it when i got my drinks, and larry paid for the drinks rina got...it all got settled, but this just added to the frustration of w.s......

anyway, rick and carolyn had checked out that morning before we left on the trip....they had the driver that had taken us from burger king to wait for them, got their bags, and were off...back to their favorite spot in negril, catcha gardens....At this point, they didnt care if they got a refund or not, well they did care, but were leaving anyway...
last rant on w.s.

poolguywindsor
05-25-2013, 06:40 PM
2 for 1 ? Oh 2 drinks one price! Got it!

groove16
05-25-2013, 06:52 PM
we go to the seastar saturday night party...been to this party many times and have never been disappointed...

tonight is steph bday...it is the arrival of several peoplepeople we haven't seen yet, and it is one of the last events of the boardie week...

the place is packed

cent, 5 cent, 10 cent, dollar

bea and her beautiful finger

faces in the back

rasta stan and chris (owner at seastar) rasta stan can really sing

Janet reuniting with a couple we met in 2010...meinvancouver and dolly

Melody
05-25-2013, 06:56 PM
Yes, Rina mentioned you to someone and I asked who she was talking about..She told me she met you, as we were being informed on how sick u were...sorry you were sick on your trip....I also had a cough and was feeling a touch of something for most of my trip...went to the pharmacy in town, which should be in the next installment...

I first met Rina & Larry in November, crashed their wedding!

I developed quite the relationship with the male pharmacist. Was there 3 times looking for remedies! Felt horrible when I got off the plane in Winnipeg. Thought i must be getting pnemonia. Got antibiotics as soon as I got home as I'd developed an eye infection. Very slowly getting better but no where near 100%. Been about 5 weeks. I think I got it from a dirty AC at HP. Check out those AC filters as soon as you check in people!

Thanks for all the great pics and report! Really enjoyed reading/seeing all that I missed! :)

groove16
05-25-2013, 07:14 PM
the band plays on

rob and Tizzy and another beautiful finger

photographer Katho

the beautiful Marley, laughing, the body of Indy Cindy, and Boog in the background

bday girl and hubby

Sandy, Katho, and Indy Bob

one last shot of the party

we close the place down..then we head back to the beach...on this night, there is a big show scheduled at bourbon beach....about 25 bucks a ticket...Janet won a ticket a couple days ago, so we get dropped off there...Flip and Jackie also had a VIP room there and had already headed down there....Boog also had a VIP room there and had a group coming down in a bit, after they finish their party at the seastar...as we are headed into BB, Flip is headed out...nothing happening, gonna call it a night...ok, not wanting to buy another ticket for a dead party, Janet uses our ticket to check it out, while I chat with Ben. She is back quickly, dj is playing, bands on a break, and not many peeps in there....we make the decision to head back...we see flip again at step a sides chicken barrel...not hungrey after the buffet at seastar, but flip gets him some...as we walk by Lazy Daze Park, their is a huge party going on..bikini and bottles, I think...that must be why BB was dead....

groove16
05-25-2013, 08:24 PM
yeah, dave, thats the deal...the price wasn't very "special"..hehehe

SweetSue
05-26-2013, 12:19 AM
I have been having trouble with this next part...it has been written and erased many times...I am just gonna tell it like it happened....

On with the trip report...

Today is moving day for me, and it is the arrival of my wife, Janet...It is actually moving day for all of us, we will reunite at white sands...We didn't know anything about white sands, because we never stayed on this end ofthe beach...my friend got a deal from work, and we all decided to stay here...

I get up at my regular time, and take my morning walk on the beach. I decide to walk towards town, find my driver if I can and arrange my move. I am successful at doing all of this. I walk back to Fun Holiday and then to White Sands to go ahead and try to check in....No problem...Room is ready, U can check in when you get ready to... I walk back to F.H., gather my things, call my driver and I am off...I get checked in, no problem....Janet and I are staying beachside, and Our friends are staying in 2 rooms on the garden side...we knew the rooms on garden side were bigger, but we chose to be closer to the beach...The office at W.S. is on the garden side, I get my key and we drive to the beach side, unload all my luggage, about 5 minutes, and then I head to town for supplys. I tell my driver what I need and he takes me to the fruit stand for soem pineapples, to the china man store for 2 cases of red stripe, wata, and juices, thru the Burger King drive thru for a bag of ice, and a box lunch 300ja at king fisherman outside whistling bird...ate here about 6 times this trip....

well, we pull into the beach side at white sands...there is a spot about the length of a bus then there are some flower pots blocking the drive, an area just big enuff for a driver to park and unload the guest...that is what everyone i asked thought it was for...so here we go....my driver grabs a handful of stuff, I grab lunch and ice and we go to the room...I stay in the room, he goes to get the beer, and brings it back...I pay him and he is off...it takes about 5 minutes, max from start to finish...I close my door, open my door to the veranda, becasue the room is still hot, and I hear some yelling...I look out and it is my driver and someone, and it is getting louder...I head out and as I round the corner of the building (I am upstairs), I hear a lot of jibberish that I can't understand, and see my driver and this guy and lady on a golf cart. .the guy is sitting there, saying something on occasion, but the lady is shooting birds, saying f$^* you, and get the fook out of here, steadily showing the middle finger...driver is yelling, golfcart man is yelling, lady is screaming....a bumb***** here, a f u there, blah blah blah, I yell what is going on, I am told to stay out of it, mind my business by golf cart man...that is my driver and he was just unloading my things....I dont care who he is, he cant park here, you park across the road and bring the things across....(although this wasnt said, it is expected to cross the busy road with no cross walk with your stuff instead of parking in what appeared to everyone I surveyed that week as a loading zone, about 3 people..hehehe) as golf cart man is yelling at me, the 2 others are really getting loud, f. u., and something about your mother, and the golf cart man turns his attention backto the driver...one or two more exchanges, golf cart man said something, driver gets to his car, yells at me that he will not pick me up again at this property, and I yelled back to him that you dont have to worry about me calling you back to this property....driver left, golf cart drove off, and i go back to my room, baffled at what just happened...
all this and it is about 12 oclock, but wait, it gets even better/...I eat my lunch, my sub, have a drink and get ready for Janet...I see Rina and Larry head by my room to the beach, they had just checked in.
Okay I needed to take some info back to the office, and I wanted to report what I had witnessed...In my opinion, it was uncalled for...well as I cross the road and get half way to the office, here comes the golf cart, the man was alone...I tried to stop him to find out what was going on and he passed right on by me...at this point I didnt know who he was, at first I thought he was a guest, then as it escalated, I realized he was with the property...he drove a piece, then whipped it around and came back...i asked him what happened, he said something I didnt understand, I said excuse me, then he something else. I said I don't know exactly what happened but it got out of hand..then he said it clear...GO FOOK YOURSELF!!!!thats what i thought he said the 1st time...who the fook are you? I am the fooking owner...before I could respond, he continued, I can't believe you come to a foriegn country and disrespect the locals like this...we don't need your type here, get your things and get off the property...I said something, he said something and then he was off....I am now very upset, i walk into the office, and the lady ata the desk asked me what is wrong before I could say a word.....I tell a piece of the story and I burst into tears...not like me, but here is what is running through my mind...wtf....i was just checking in...my wife will be here in less than an hour, and she has no where to stay...i dont mind moving, but my friends all just checked in...3 rooms total...6 nights each...

so she calls frances out...he hears me out, and this time I will say that Frances was the nicest man I may have met...he did all he could to make me happy, and didnt really kiss my azz to do it....free steak and lobster all week would not have changed what happened...come to find out, frances tells me this is the owner and his daughter ...that is even worse in my opinion...frances tells me to go to my room, and he will be there in a likkle while...well, he comes to my room and here it is...the owner is upset at the driver as some disrespectful things were said...I ask about loading bags across the road, he said that is what we have henry for, he will get your bags...i didnt know about henry, i was just checking in..he said that would normally okay, but we were there a long time, and the owner couldnt get his golfcart by...no we were not there long, and how would i know there rules, even if he says the driver should have....frances, says he understands, blah blah...so here is the deal...u can get a full refund, your friends can get a full refund and we will part that way...or you can stay and just avoid the owner if at all possible....so Janet gets there, automatically thinks I am at fault...then she talks to a worker who saw the whole thing, and it was explained to here just like I said....the driver adn the owners daughter both said some ugly things...but I didnt...but really, I didnt have a chance to say much...so now she wants to move...they can't talk to you like that....but I had been thinking and here was my plan...no need for her to suffer..she was just getting here...so were our friends....so, lets stay tonight and if we decide, lets move in the morning...so that's what we did....

sorry about the ramble.....but the story had to be told...good thing I didnt do an onsite trip report, or according to my notes, I probably would have been banned for some of the things I was gonna say about the incident....

alot of people on here like white sands, and it is a nice property, and I am not gonna trash the place or say things that are not true, but I am gonna say how I and MY Group were treated...

we have been vacationing for 25 years. we have been to negril 4 times now and have stayed at Grand Pineapple, Negril Beach Club (motel part, not condos) Blue cave castle with no air, Legends, Catcha, Fun Holiday, Sheilds, BarB Barn....have had no wata, no hot water, no pressure, no current, a/c out, slow service....etc....we are not hard to please, use maid service about every 3 days, and usually take care of ourselves.....**** happpens, u won't hear us complain or trash a place on here about things they can not control...but service and how i am treated will get reported, from my point of view...

Wow - I am so surprised. But I only have dealt with Frances (who is a very nice man and even drove me up the road to another property to pick up my bags when I was moving in for part of my stay) and Henry and the staff. Oh, I did spend some time hanging out with some family of the owners - they were nice offering us drinks, etc. It is a turn off to think that the owner and his daughter would behave in such a fashion, towards anyone, much less a newly arrived guest. I might think twice before I recommend it as a place to stay. What a shame.

poolguywindsor
05-26-2013, 06:38 AM
Thanks, for the report, was almost like being there,

bjritz
05-26-2013, 01:29 PM
Just saw your belly flop outfit on Katho's FB....dude, awesome..........more to come on that I'm sure!

Seveen
05-26-2013, 06:58 PM
amazing the friendships made "on the board" love it

met some of my best friends "out here"

life is about continuing to connect and I see you and Janet did that!

thank you for the trip report --- I know it's a labour of love :-)

Seveen
05-26-2013, 06:59 PM
oh this is also my placeholder so I know where I am in the report lol

groove16
05-26-2013, 08:02 PM
hey seveen, you've been a boardie friend of mine since my 1st trip in '09....lol...one day we might cross paths, shoot we've been known to do Jaxx, less than 4 hours form the house

groove16
05-26-2013, 08:23 PM
the trip continues, and this is sunday april 28th...last day of the boardie bash activities

Normal morning activities in the yard.......

Larry, Rina, Janet and I walk to Cafe Goa for the webcast...

along the way, their are these chicks crossing the sidewalk

we get to cafe goa...janet has coffee, larry and rina have breakfast (well I think larry had a cheeseburger, he loves his cheeseburgers) and rina has the pineapple or banana pancakes...which was it, girl? lol''...I eat half of a special brownie...hehehe...hey, I'm gonna be with my friends, right..no problem, mon...

we were planning to do a little beach pub crawl, and finish a lounging day at our place...rob had a trip planned to Percys retreat for the last event...he come to tell us it was about time to go, and we informed him of our plans...well, he talks a little magic, and the 3 of them decide to do the percy thing...Janet knows that I didnt want to go on this trip, I think it was going to be a little too relaxing for me and I did this yesterday...don't get me wrong, I enjoyed yest at abekuta, and would make a good time at any of these places, but I'd rather be able to get up and leave if I start getting bored....so they took off....Percy is an energetic man, and has and nice peice of land on a river, lots of plants, and fruit, and ...well....I didn't go, and our other camera died so Janet didnt get any photos of the excursion...

there were a couple boardies that went, maybe they will help us out with a couple of pics, please...

groove16
05-26-2013, 08:51 PM
well I go on my own little pub crawl...I cross the road at bar b barn.

here is a statue in front of bar b barn

I start at bar b barn with a 2 for 1 banana daq...

I walk down to shields to set up our upcoming move...we need some special arrangements, and I get it settled...we have been drinking at shields for a long time now, and I get a couple terry specials, which is just a paw paw (papaya daq with fresh papaya, and i like some fresh pineapple in mine) with a little extra rum on the bottom so the ice don't melt as quick...I take care of business, and head back towards home, not sure where I am stopping....

I have a drink at bourbon beach, i think just a rum punch, and it might be the last drink at bb I have on the trip...it was a bit of a hassle, chris and dave were not bartending and this guy was busy hanging with his buddys, and took a while to get to me....I also got hustled a little more than usual, which doesnt really bother me, but the vibe has changed...we will still watch a show or two from here later in the trip, but this is not my home anymore...lol...

neveille selling his pattys, then a couple of beach pics

i end up at my favorite spot on this trip....

the yellow bird and my dirty banana

groove16
05-26-2013, 09:10 PM
view from the yellow bird

aahh, wedding photos

i get me a box lunch and head back to the yard....should be time for my crew to be back...

300 ja box lunch from king fisherman on the road in front of whistling bird, by fun holiday....

I eat my lunch, the crew arrives, and we head to the beach...

booby cay island in the distance

cry baby and her friend terry

at the bar

friends at the beach

a view of the sea and the sun

groove16
05-26-2013, 09:22 PM
several taken from the tower at w.s.

janet and then meyself from the tower

groove16
05-26-2013, 09:28 PM
we walk to the webcast at sea splash....flip and jackie, rock robster, bea, meinvancouver and dolly, crybaby, terry, lorax 1 and 2, Im sure i left some out..

boats coming in

groove16
05-26-2013, 10:05 PM

groove16
05-26-2013, 10:21 PM
at seasplash

paddleboarding

specials

the band plays on

beginnning of the sunset---

and the rest of the sunset

we head back to our yard, and we hang with larry and rina on their veranda til the wee hours of the morning......great memories are made with great company...

gerryg123
05-27-2013, 06:24 AM
excellent report.

kaycee
05-27-2013, 08:43 AM
Loving the many pics and details!

Jambarney
05-27-2013, 09:14 AM
Groove a few observations mi friend, 1st your report rocks man ...... good work, 2nd, I concur about BB in March we stopped by twice hoping this might be a new landing spot for us during the day, just did not feel it at all and didn't even stop by in May, and 3rd that pic of that box lunch is killin me man, damn that looks wicked good.

Have a great day man and go Mizzou,

Jamb

LeeLee
05-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Thank you, Groove. I'm pretty sure that I met you at the boardie bash, but Mr. D and I were late. I thought it started at 3:00? Oh well, story of my life. Loved, loved, loved your report and pics. We're hoping to back same time next year.

groove16
05-27-2013, 10:24 PM
monday morning on this trip, I got up with Janet, prepared my sub, and we walked to the beach...Rina, Carolyn, ad Rick were getting ready for a dive and having breakfast, coffee, or something...Janet finds her spot, and settles in for a few hours....I enjoy my time, and then take a route taxi to times square...I need some new swim trunks, well realy i don't, but my red stripe ones have a hole, and i like the bright island colors...i was a little early for timrs square as they were getting set up...went to our friend mike, who had moved his shop here....if u need a ride home, he will take u after buying your souveniors from him...a nice drink just for shopping...mike does it right, but I just wasnt ready, gotta look around, now that i know what the starting price is and the quality it is...I walk across to bouben beach, and cut to the beach...end up at the yelowbird, imagine that...walk from there to w.s.... i ate most of the fruit for breakfast, and was wanting a box lunch for lunch, becasue i knew i was gonna be busy shortly...

Janet saw my box, and wanted one of her own...so we go one fried chicken box and 1 baked chicken box, 1 cups of soup, each,--a chicken pumpkin, and a vege pumpkin that were very good, and a bottle of wata and a can of fruita....gave 1000ja and she tried to give me change back....let her keep that plus a couple extra...and i still cant eat all of it....

after we eat lunch, we get our new driver, Jack, to pick us up and transport us to the cliffs...we get dropped off at wise choice, get supplies and walk up the lane to seastar.

after we get there,there are people everywhere...

just gonna post random pics and try not to tag anyone

so here goes

crowd

booger
05-27-2013, 10:30 PM
Nice report Groove. Looking forward to the rest and your perspective of the same activities we both partook in. And big ups for bringing the candy for the kids....

groove16
05-27-2013, 10:45 PM
more picks

dawn

Muzikdoc an wpyogi

meinvancouver

katho

crowd

Rasta Stan addresses the crowd

katho

groove16
05-27-2013, 11:21 PM
Labamba makes his entrance

who is this masked man

gary gets some height...this pic does not capture it

spotty catz---his suit filled with water and it was a sight watching him exit..

sandy

groove16
05-27-2013, 11:37 PM
from the balcony...peeps were everywhere

this guy came out in 3 different outfits...used a lot of imagination...he had one more that he saved for last, but we never got to see it

last years champ

the hula girl
"phil" my coconuts

groove16
05-27-2013, 11:59 PM

the crowd admiring my splash

the new masked man

the crowd

groove16
05-28-2013, 12:12 AM
mutant ninja
outgoing champ

incoming new champ

drummer boy

meinvancouver and dolly

head cheerleader donna

indy bob and others

groove16
05-28-2013, 12:25 AM
the underwater camera crew

rasta stan finishing up the ceremonies

the day was a success, we all had fun and some money was raised for father jim to help at the soup kitchen...

Flip and jackie show up a little late...the rain sets in, so the party moves in doors...about this time the pub crawl bus shows up and more people show up at the party...

there are dance offs, I cant keep count of the number of subs that were served and the bar ran out of cold red stripes...

but the show carried on....

when things started to clear out, and the rain let up some, we walked down the lane to AAAHHHBee's...we met rina and larry and rick and carolyn there....had a burger and it was awesome....this was the other peoples 4th trip so it couldn't be too bad...well it was awesome....best burger on the island...after dinner, we sat around, had a few beers and laughs...one of the locals guys came in...he knew us all...well after a few brags and boasts, it leads to a special brownie taste off....one guy breaks his up and the other guys slices his up....we had a taste test...well, one brownie was clearly better tasting, moist, more like a brownie...the other was more like cake, and u could taste teh gritty of the ingrediant in it...but it was very entertaining indeed...so was the rest of the night...hehehe....most at the table had very small pieces forced on them, while me and another finished it all....great way to end a great day...when we leave rick and carolyn were talking to someone about going on a tour tomorrow...but we had to go...

we stop at bourbon beach for a nightcap and listen to the band until about 1100..Janet has a few beers, i enjoy my dessert, and a sub...we leave because we have to pack...i am wound up, and everything is funny, and everything i say is stupid...lol..

tommorrow is moving day and we also have a trip to go on...

Guirigay
05-28-2013, 08:43 AM
Nice report, Terry! The Hula Girl was truly impressive. There is a shot from the other end of the pool of you just above the water with your pony tail hanging behind you that I think is the single best shot of the day. Those Coconut C Cups had to hurt when you hit! Just a great day and you were a huge contributor! Thanks :)

jenb
05-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Thanks, I'm thoroughly enjoying your trip report

68Stang
05-28-2013, 11:12 AM
The boardie bash looks like it was a lot of fun. Wish we could have been there.

Rob
05-28-2013, 11:31 AM
Groove,

There was just a database error and your pictures from this report got corrupted. I am working on restoring them all - but I may need some assistance from you.

I will be pm'ing you with further details.

Thanks man, and great report.

Rob

kaycee
05-28-2013, 12:02 PM
...I was wondering why I didnt see any pictures.

Guirigay
05-28-2013, 01:23 PM
Wow, bummer Groove. Fortunately, with great skill and alacrity, the corruption was localized.

Rob
05-28-2013, 01:33 PM
I am getting them back - slowly but surely will be caught up to day 3 shortly - had trouble with the cat food picture....

man, there are a lot of pics.... (grin)

TizzyATX
05-28-2013, 02:46 PM
The Report is awesome Groove....cant wait til I can see the pictures too lol

Rob
05-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Days 1 to 4 have been restored.... working on restoring the rest!

spottycatz
05-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Waiting..........(yawn)

Rob
05-29-2013, 03:09 PM
Groove and I are working on it...

Rob
05-29-2013, 10:41 PM
Thanks to Groove's friend who "hit a few buttons" - the pics from day 5 has been restored and now heading onto day #6 - the Boardie Bash!

Rob
05-29-2013, 11:45 PM
And day 6 is now restored thanks to the nimble fingers of Groove's friend! Thanks man!

Rob
05-30-2013, 02:03 PM
Day 7 restored!

billndonna
05-30-2013, 05:30 PM
Good work Rob and Groove's friend,we want to see them once more to hold us over until November!!

groove16
05-30-2013, 07:28 PM
Thank you, Groove. I'm pretty sure that I met you at the boardie bash, but Mr. D and I were late. I thought it started at 3:00? Oh well, story of my life. Loved, loved, loved your report and pics. We're hoping to back same time next year.

Hello LeeLee, I remember you seeing u at the bash...I talked to so many people, But i do remember yur face...we are planning for this time next year as well...

Rob
05-31-2013, 09:18 AM
Got Day 8 restored - thanks Groove!

groove16
06-03-2013, 10:53 AM
had a long weekend at the softball field..camped out with my buds, and went 4-2, in the biggest tournament in georgia..will be getting access to the pics today, and get this thing over with..

Rob
06-04-2013, 10:26 PM
Groove - glad you has a great time this weekend - and thanks for helping getting all the pics restored! Much obliged!

groove16
06-05-2013, 07:53 PM
trip report continued...

okay today was moving day...finally getting away from white sands...bittersweet in the fact that we were separating from our friends, Rina and Larry, but they were going back to the cliffs and we were staying on the beach...

I had set up with my driver the day before...told him I would call him at 615 and need to be picked up at 630...he said no problem...I call him, and the problem was he didn t answer...so we gather our things, take them to the drive way, and then I go flag down a taxi...Let me tell you, we bring alot of stuff...and instead of packing it all in our suitcases, I had alot of these purple grocery bags to give away...well, i had about 15 of them, plus cooler, beer, all of our regular bags...it was a mess....anyway, the taxt driver looked at all of our stuff and said no, I can't take all that stuff, too much...I offered more $$$, he said not about the $$$, but too much stuff, it won't all fit...I tell him it will fit, and he said ok, or he will make 2 trips....it all fit...,lol...as we pulled off, my regular driver called...it was about 700 by now, and he was a little upset that i didnt wait on him...oh well, I have 1 hour before Chickens Magic Bus picks us up for todays excursion...

We get to SHields, and no one there but security...well I know Stewie, and he remembers me, and he calls the manager/owner, Shauna Shields, who is on the property...she tells him our arrangement, and he stores my stuff for me...we change, and are ready to go...

groove16
06-05-2013, 08:40 PM
So we get started..we are the last ones picked up on the "beach bus"....these buses are set up for about 20 people each, and last night I was told we had 22 on the cliff bus, and aobut 14 on the beach bus, some of the cliff dwellers were gonna switch buses...so we get thru the roundabout and right outside of town we stop for beer...the other bus pulls up and we all get out to mingle...as the other bus is unloading, who do we see get off? Our friends, Rick and Carolyn....they were talking about going last night, but didnt hear from them, so didnt think they decided to go...they swapped buses and joined us...

this is nice estate right out of negril...

we stopped in front of this school, as chicken had to get something from the other bus....chicken hired 2 drivers for this trip and he just jumped back and forth betweeen buses, trying to keep everyone entertained...well, another stop, all pile out again...

the school, and the swing is the only thing in the yard...

we get going, and then stop down the road for ice, well no ice..after 2 more stops, we get ice...on the sav la mar...

once we get there, we decide to get pattys for a snack cuz we dont know when the next food will be...

we stop at a famaliar place, juici patties...

Flip and Jackie on the bus with us

groove16
06-05-2013, 09:30 PM
We get back on the road and head on to our 1st destination...We were advised by one of the passengers that this was a non smoking bus, but chicken told me to go to the back of the bus and roll the windows down..it would be alright...we we did....several on the bus enjoyed a piece of a sub, when it was announced again that this was a non smoking bus....so everytime the bus pulled over, the smokers got off to smoke...which actually, as my wife and I discussed, added to the expierence...everyone would go smoke, use the bathroom, buy drinks and snacks, and mingle..etc, and i could eat subs, take pics, and mingle..anyway, I go into a store at one of the stops, buy a few things and realize I didn't have my money on me...I was fixing to go back to the bus, when the jamaican guy gave me a 1000j to pay for my things...I say thanks, please follow me to the bus...he says, no problem, I am on the other bus....turns out he is friends with a passenger on the other bus...very nice of him...

I had not ever been to Belmont Beach, and didn't know anything about it...

So we pull in front of this sign

we were told this was the Peter Tosh house, and I think his mother is still living here...there was a small admission, but everyone were talked into just taking a few pics from t he outside, cuz most wanted to get on to the beach...I gave the camera to Janet and I went on a quick walk to enjoy a sub...walked across the road to the small beach...this would be a nice place to hang out for awhile, I think to myself...

a few of Janets pics

the bar...Princes Bar resturant and coffee shop

inside the bar and posters on the wall

the two buses that made the journey

groove16
06-05-2013, 10:35 PM
These are the boats on the beach across the road...

We all loaded up and drove for what seemed like forever.........

or maybe not......more like 2 minutes, about 200 yards down the road, we pulled into a parking area...I had walked to here eating my sub a few minutes ago...

boats

meat belmont beach

the beach and we invade the beach

groove16
06-05-2013, 10:51 PM
our group invaded Belmont Beach

groove16
06-05-2013, 11:04 PM
Gary and Steph adn Shauna

sign for the His and Hers Restaurant and Pub

our crowd, the coolers, people everywhere

booger
06-05-2013, 11:09 PM
Hey Groove,
First off, Man u take some great pictures. And I love the pic where you see the branch but the people are blurred. I actually remember looking over at you peering thru the tree taking that pic and saying to myself, WTF? To see it thru your eyes makes perfect sense. Sandie and I were just talking about your lovely wife and I kick myself for not spending more time with you guys and getting to know you more. Please sir carry on.........

groove16
06-05-2013, 11:26 PM
After an hour or so we load up the buses, headed down the road for lunch....we drive for what felt like eternity....

lol...or again maybe 3 minutes....a couple hundred yards....lol

we all get out, go to the small building and Chicken helps take our orders...box lunches, fried chicken, jerk chicken and fish....

Janet disappears for a minute, and she is found giving away candy and toys to several little kids....Janet and Sandy also bonded a little as they both cared and fed several dogs in the neighborhood...

grants sunshine plaza

this is the place we got our food..box lunch ...yumm

groove16
06-05-2013, 11:32 PM
541lion, this is the best I got for belmont.....hope you guys have fun, and let me know how it went....

gonna finish this part tomorrow, including lovers leap, and pelican bar,.....

groove16
06-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Hey Groove,
First off, Man u take some great pictures. And I love the pic where you see the branch but the people are blurred. I actually remember looking over at you peering thru the tree taking that pic and saying to myself, WTF? To see it thru your eyes makes perfect sense. Sandie and I were just talking about your lovely wife and I kick myself for not spending more time with you guys and getting to know you more. Please sir carry on.........
one of my favorite pics is taking a sunset or a beach view thru the leaves...i have several of those throughout my report....Janet and Sandie have a love for animals together, but heck, i love them too...our paths will cross again....I think u still owe me a fbm, or maybe i owe u one, or something like that....we just never made it up to catcha while y'all were there....beach bums, ya know...always next time...ya, mon...lol

Smokin Kevan
06-05-2013, 11:42 PM
Groove16, it was awesome meeting so many of you guys at the Canoe Bar's pre- Boardie Bash ...i'm just getting back on and saw your report...trying to take it all in here at work...Obviously, I'll need more time and a stress free sub-stantial environment to get the most outta this! 20 minutes til quittin tyme!!!!! Looks like I'll be up for awhile tonight,lol...

Blessings from Texas and Happy Travels!
Sk

groove16
06-05-2013, 11:51 PM
Groove16, it was awesome meeting so many of you guys at the Canoe Bar's pre- Boardie Bash ...i'm just getting back on and saw your report...trying to take it all in here at work...Obviously, I'll need more time and a stress free sub-stantial environment to get the most outta this! 20 minutes til quittin tyme!!!!! Looks like I'll be up for awhile tonight,lol...

Blessings from Texas and Happy Travels!
Sk

I see u on fb, kevin...good job on the program, my friend...hope u enjoy the pics....

Flipadelphia26
06-06-2013, 07:38 AM
Great pics groove. My camera person was slacking off big time this trip!

Guirigay
06-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Great pics Groove! It felt like it took forever to get to Belmont ('cause it did!) but the day really started to flow from there. Very nice!

541lion
06-06-2013, 12:42 PM
I know it's not for everyone but Belmont looks awesome to me

kaycee
06-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Great pics! I definitely want to visit the Peter Tosh memorial.

bjritz
06-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Nice job on the pics n prose, loving every bit. Good to see all dem boardies.

groove16
06-06-2013, 06:17 PM
Flip, Michael, kaycee, bjritz, Chris.....thanks for the props....

the excursion continues...

we load up from belmont beach and head towards lovers leap...It is gonna be a long ride...everyone has their own buzz going, so lots of jokes and things going on...we sneak in a bite or two of subs every chance we get, it is all good....we stop a couple of times for smoke and bathroom breaks.. and and the cooler is again loaded with beer and punch...this time we bought a variety pack of beer...lol...a lots of it...I don't think know how much fun the other bus was having, but ours was making the best of a long drive...I do know that the other bus didnt like stopping as much as we did, but hey, cigs to be smoked and subs to be eaten, lol...and you know how it is when drinking adult bevs and roadtrips, what goes in, has to come back out...lol....

a few pics form the stops

flip and jackie

pics of a couple of signs

well the other bus decided that they wanted to go ahead, and we would just catch them at lovers leap....ok, cool with us...see yall soon

groove16
06-06-2013, 06:37 PM
back from my walk, beer iced down in the cooler, tunes on the radio, Chicken laughing and joking, and here we go....

As I said earlier, the other bus took off and was gonna meet us there...they were tired of waiting on us....I'm not sure how long we were driving, 30-45 minutes, when chicken got a phone call and started laughing....he stays on the phone and around a couple corners, he laughs again and points....there is the other on the side of the road, with a cop writing him a ticket...we ask what is going on, and he says he wasnt wearing his seatbelt...our driver was, and always did....so we start to pull over and everyone yells to keep going....so we continue on....about 5-10 minutes later, we arrive at lovers leap....

It is a beautiful place...these photos do not do it justice, as it doesn't capture how far down below it really is....but here goes a few pics

groove16
06-06-2013, 06:51 PM
The other bus arrives very quickly and we all take pics and tour the grounds...actually, besides the view, I didnt see much elso going on...a bar, restaurant, dining area...a few flowers, and statutes, and lots of peace and quiet.... a few more pics

groove16
06-06-2013, 07:05 PM
there is a story about lovers leap, but since i didnt really hear what the guide was telling us, I say that I think 2 lovers were being told they could not be together and jumped to their death...typical love story...blah, blah, blah....let's load up and get to some excitement....hehehe....imma gonna go take a walk, and take more pics....there looks to be a good sub station on the roof, I'll try it.....

last few pics from lovers leap,...

the lovers

look out tower, and some flowers on the grounds

Janet, the bus, and the man CHICKEN...

gerryg123
06-06-2013, 07:05 PM
I see Brasi ....

Flipadelphia26
06-06-2013, 07:25 PM
This story gone get good soon!

garysteph1018
06-06-2013, 08:47 PM
You really should take the time to read the story of Lover's Leap. Look it up on the web. These two were slaves ... not just a couple of people who were told they couldn't be together.

Great pics man ;)

groove16
06-06-2013, 10:48 PM
So I've taken my stroll, enjoyed my subs, taken my pics, and now I was sorta hanging around the bus area waiting for everyone...Janet went to the restroom, some of our bus was loading....Janet came back, and asked if she had time to smoke a cig, since she saw another girl on our bus just going into restroom behind her...I tell her to go ahead....I load on the bus and get a beer, and go to get back off.....the others show up, and load the bus...Janet puts her smoke out early and we load and away we go....nothing else is said out loud at this point but there was a lot of snickering coming from the back of the bus......

so we get to treasure beach, the 2nd bus arrives right behind us, so the rush was all for nothing...

groove16
06-06-2013, 11:03 PM
We have 2 boats ready to go to the Pelican Bar...Not all had chosen to go, they had decided to stay on the beach instead....we loaded up 2 boats, and a few were undecided, so one of the drivers was just coming back to get whoever else wanted to go...

pics of boats on the beach, a few shots of our group, and a few in the boat on the way

groove16
06-06-2013, 11:19 PM
the Peilcan bar is something that everyone who comes to Negril needs to see at least once...and the more, the merrier....it really isn't much of anything, just a bunch of wood, built in the middle of the water, the only way to it is by boat, water taxis, if you will.....

so can u see it off in the distance

as we get closer, different shots of the pelican bar

the 2nd boat arrives and unloads as the 1st boat goes back for more

Drummerboy, Gurigay, and Lorax 1 and 2...all entering the bar...watch your step...hehehe

Seveen
06-06-2013, 11:25 PM
groove you're killing me! nice

Seveen
06-06-2013, 11:27 PM
I see some wallpaper - thank you kindly :-)

groove16
06-06-2013, 11:35 PM
some views of the storage, the group on the dock, and the structure for those who want to build their own pelican bar,

drummerboy, someone drinking red stripe, and our group again

and a couple pics of some great people

rick, flip, and terry

Roy Mon !
06-06-2013, 11:50 PM
Great job reporting Groove , I would have loved to do this chicken bus tour looks like fun.

groove16
06-06-2013, 11:51 PM
a look around the pelican bar, playing dominos...

Smokin Kevan
06-07-2013, 12:00 AM
Thanks groove... Next bash, I'll be missing another 6-8 inches less of waistline,lol! Your whole presentation is ROCKIN!!!
So many excellent photo's, as the American Poet Macklemore (Of Thrift Shop song fame)would say...
The pics and story lines are "F" n awesome,lol! Like we are there!

Happy Travels,

Skb

groove16
06-07-2013, 12:06 AM
Shauna, walking on water, 1st part of sunset and my peeps

groove16
06-07-2013, 12:17 AM
Janet and carolyn

rick

a crab and the canada flag

shauna and raul

and here is the taxi stand for the water taxi..only way to this bar...

groove16
06-07-2013, 12:28 AM
we party at the pelican bar until the sun starts to set

we load and leave the bar....

at look back

sunset at floyds pelican bar

and the sunset

2nutz4travel
06-07-2013, 06:43 AM
Glad to see your TR is back on track. Gotta love the Pelican Bar!

Flipadelphia26
06-07-2013, 06:46 AM
Thnaks for the kind words groove. Great report.

groove16
06-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Glad to see your TR is back on track. Gotta love the Pelican Bar!

yep, we were just there in sept, and now we are back...we will see u guys in tomorrows adventure, the pub crawl, if u got any pics or wise cracks to add to it, feel free to liven up this report....lol...

541lion
06-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Hey man it's a great report lovin the pictures too

groove16
06-07-2013, 05:08 PM
this is probably one of those, "you had to be there" moments....not going to get it unless u were there, but I know a couple my friends who were there will remember this...

and to me it was a classic line...hehehe

this convo was over heard somewhere during our trip

her:what about everthing I give u
him:u dont give me anything
Her:i give u lovin'
him:lovin', I don't need yur lovin'...girl i'm jamaican, i get all the lovin' I want...

hehehe

billndonna
06-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Loving this report and the pictures,thanks for sharing Groove!!!

groove16
06-07-2013, 08:47 PM
we took 3 boats out to Pelican Bar, and all loaded into 2 boats for the ride back....When we got to the beach, I noticed most of the other people that didnt go to the bar were under the shelter of the bar at the place we parked at...what caught my attention was everyone was fanning smoke out of their face, and I noticed a small cardboard fire, more embers than fire and a fan or something blowing the smoke....what the hell is that, I wonder....well, we all go to the restrooms, and there is a line...everyone is wanting to change out of wet clothes, and the next thing u know, everyone starts saying at once...the freaking mosquitoes...they were huge and plentiful...covered your legs in a matter of seconds....so that is what the smoke was for....lol....well, we all start to lather up with repellent, but some damage was done....

everyone is at this bar

we are all hungry....chicken welcomes us back and he is asking if we want to order some jerk chicken, as he has it set up for us to eat here...most of the other people who didnt make the trip were ordering theirs then....

this is where the trip took a turn for the weird....

I told chicken that i wanted chicken, lol....but a few minutes later someone came around saying that our bus was leaving and we were loading up....I look around and a few were loaded, but chicken and several were talking and I walk over and socialize with a couple of people over a few subs....we walk off a little, for a few minutes, and when I return, I am told to load on the bus....still waiting on a couple, but dont need me to disappear again...well, I see chicken smiling and joking with some people over there, here comes a couple more from my bus over there, so I am good...I get on the bus, ask Janet wtf, and then ask several others what was up and where we gonna eat...no one knows...finally all is on, and we have added a new passenger who has had TOO much to drink....job....since she is staying on the beach, and we are headed to the beach and they are not ready to go, she was going with us....then chicken gets on, starts gathering his things, and gets off...I follow him off, ask him whats up, and he says he is staying with the other bus...he was not ready to leave and they were all ordering food...our bus informed him that we didnt want to eat here and were ready to go....so chicken stayed with the other bus....

well u know the type of person who drinks too much and repeats things over and over....well we had this one on our bus...it was actually funny for a while...

I have been told by my boss, the wife, to shut up and stay out of it...it will be over in a little while...... we get going and someone asks what we are gonna eat....pepper shrimp, we are told, they have the best pepper shrimp in middle quarters....well janet likes those, so i am cool with that....after awhile, it is asked about the food again, the driver is asked how far to middle quarters, and he says we dont go thru there going from here and it is too far out of the way to go that way....a groan is let out from the crowd....now what....I remember a bunch a cookpots on the side of the road on last trip home from pelican bar....i ask about those...the driver says yeah we pass by those...so we all agree to give it a try....well he says something to someone and she relays some infor about the place...the folks can be aggresive in trying to sell fish and other foods....they might surround you...he tells her other stuff about being careful to count you $$$, a few precautions that we all should be using anyway.....about this time, we pull up....they surround the bus with plates of fish, bammy, festival, etc....she is trying to negotiate thru the window....it is beginning to get out of control, when one of the passengers wants to get off and smoke...no, cant do that, well, he gets off anyway, and is followed by many,...well we all negotiate our deals, pays our bills, and has some of the best conch soup and fish soup ever....it may have been cuz i was so hungry, but it was good...we finally get everyone loaded again, and away we go....a little into the trip, the one who had too many fired up a smoke, and was told to put it out and now her and someone else went back and forth for a minute....then she and her boyfriend went at it for a minute....agian it was funny, at first....someone yells at them to shut up, they shut up for a minute and start over,quietly at first and then louder and ouder until it is shut up time again...this goes on for a while, and finally someone yells at the friend to get up and move to the back of the bus...he does not move, she yells at him again, and he does not move....she tells the driver to pull over....he does....she tells this guy to get off the bus...now we are in the middle of nowhere, and it is about 10 pm and there is no way I would get off this bus,.....but he does...he slowly makes his way to the door, passes by me, and i am a little nervous that he is fixing to explode on her or something, but he just exits...and just like that, we are off...we jsut put someone off the bus in the middle of nowhere....omg.....I hope he dont have a cell phone and have a posse waitng for us up ahead....all kind of thoughts go thru my head....whew...well we drove in silence for awhile....finally the one who had too much to drink fires up another cig, and that discussion gets started again...lol....on thruogh sav la mar, and back to our hotel at shields, our 1st day there, more about it tomorrow...

now after this trip was over, those events were discussed amongst soem of us on the bus, and we ALL did not agree with the guy getting put off the bus,and also all agree we should have not let it happen, but it happened so fast.....anyway, I saw this person on the beach a couple days later, and he and I developed a bond...he hugged me, and kissed me on the cheek....I liked this guy....

thats the story how i saw it....lol...

groove16
06-07-2013, 08:49 PM
when i get to the next installment, it will be one of the funnest times i have ever had.....pub crawl....

it may take a few days to get to it...but soon come

Lady Jane
06-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Oh man, this is the BEST TR ever! And the pics. Awesome. And I love your style.

Flipadelphia26
06-08-2013, 08:46 AM
lol. outstanding.

kaycee
06-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Who is this "monitor" person??:rolleyes:

Ti2m
06-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Wow! Why would a driver allow this to happen? To put someone off the bus in the middle of nowhere? I would expect the driver to look out for the safety of all passengers and not take orders from a self-appointed monitor.

Lola
06-08-2013, 02:57 PM
Your photos from Lovers Leap are really good, gave me a feeling of being up so high and water so far below!

Flipadelphia26
06-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Everything groove posted is 100% true. It's not the bus drivers fault. It's me groove lorax and everyone else on the bus. It's our fault for not speaking up. It was a down point for sure.

But his account is 100% accurate.

Groove. Thanks for this report. Smile on my face all the way. Great week'

Scott Rice
06-09-2013, 12:14 AM
All I can say is that this was one of the greatest trip reports ever.. and my eyes are burnt out from going thru all 22 pages in one sitting,,,,
worth every second..... what I have taken in and learned from this will make my next trip HUGELY better than my last Groove... you da man bud...
hangin with your crew would be the best.... can't wait for what's next.... Visine.. engage

nekkidinnegril
06-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Sounds like it was a bit of an extreme action for a couple that was having an argument. Things happen, if there was no violence or anyone on the bus endangered then the "kicking off" was way out of line.

Like others, I'm sure they are curious as to the publicly unmentionable events that occurred, are you able to send a private message of what may have transpired? It's all for curiosity, nothing more nothing less. My husband and I have been in similar situations, and things were handled differently.

All I can say is WOW.

.then she and her friend went at it for a minute....agian it was funny, at first....monitor yells at them to shut up, they shut up for a minute and start over,quietly at first and then louder and ouder until it is shut up time again...this goes on for a while, and finally monitor yells at the friend to get up and move to the back of the bus...he does not move, she yells at him again, and he does not move....she tells the driver to pull over....he does....she tells this guy to get off the bus...now we are in the middle of nowhere, and it is about 10 pm and there is no way I would get off this bus,....

now after this trip was over, those events were discussed amongst soem of us on the bus, and we ALL did not agree with the guy getting put off the bus,and also all agree we should have not let it happen, but it happened so fast.....anyway, I saw this person on the beach a couple days later, and he and I developed a bond...he hugged me, and kissed me on the cheek....I liked this guy....

thats the story how i saw it....lol...

groove16
06-09-2013, 11:00 AM
guess i need to clarify one thing....it was not like it was a husband and wife that was involved, it was someone and a friend that was met a few days earlier...not that it matters who it is....

the reason it was a big deal is we put someone of the bus in the middle of nowhere...the reason it is a big deal t me is that it made me and my wife look in ourselves and wonder why we didnt stand up and say something...and that is the feelings of several others on the bus, as we discussed this later...we all said we were very close to saying something but none of us did... there was no evidence of violence in anyway, no one was in any danger, and the only problem was someone had TOO much to drink and was loud and obnoxious....I have several friends that are the same way....no big deal....

It made me think about me, and I believe that I will take up for someone if something like that happens again...really the point of my story...

nekkidinnegril
06-09-2013, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the clarification Groove. I agree with you, in our case, we did speak up and prevented that from happening, my husband actually physically separated the 2 people and I sat next to one person while he sat next to the other one. I'm just happy that nothing happened to the ejected individual, because, like you, I personally could not live with myself if something occurred.

Thanks for the honesty.

groove16
06-09-2013, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the clarification Groove. I agree with you, in our case, we did speak up and prevented that from happening, my husband actually physically separated the 2 people and I sat next to one person while he sat next to the other one. I'm just happy that nothing happened to the ejected individual, because, like you, I personally could not live with myself if something occurred.

Thanks for the honesty.

When I saw him a couple days later, he was so happy that I asked about him and that night , that every time he saw me the rest of the trip, he stopped what he was doing and greeted me with a fist bump....I like this guy,....lol

nekkidinnegril
06-09-2013, 02:25 PM
When I saw him a couple days later, he was so happy that I asked about him and that night , that every time he saw me the rest of the trip, he stopped what he was doing and greeted me with a fist bump....I like this guy,....lol

Fist bump!!! I'm glad it worked out.

Was the self appointed monitor part of the tour company?

groove16
06-09-2013, 03:11 PM
Before I go on to the next day, let me just say that this excursion was a great time....it was not put together by a tour company....one individual, another tourist just like you or me, put this trip together...she worked countless hours, and dealt with many,many unnecessary complaints from people who wanted things their way....i think she dealt with so many distractions that it took away from her enjoyment of her vacation... so I will say that everyone I spoke with, on both buses, all said how much fun they all had...because of the group, it was cheaper than doing it yourself, and all the company made this a great day...the pictures should tell the story of how much fun it was....there was a bump in the road, and i described it like it happened...but it was not a tour, just 2 hired drivers and Chicken, our entertaining host....chicken just happened to be on the other bus, or this would have taken another course....the "monitor" was also just a tourist, and was really a sweet girl...I really liked her, and she didnt do anything with malice or mean or anything....she just made a couple of decisions that I think should have been group decisions...that's all....

541lion
06-09-2013, 03:57 PM
Respect

booger
06-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Before I go on to the next day, let me just say that this excursion was a great time....it was not put together by a tour company....one individual, another tourist just like you or me, put this trip together...she worked countless hours, and dealt with many,many unnecessary complaints from people who wanted things their way....i think she dealt with so many distractions that it took away from her enjoyment of her vacation... so I will say that everyone I spoke with, on both buses, all said how much fun they all had...because of the group, it was cheaper than doing it yourself, and all the company made this a great day...the pictures should tell the story of how much fun it was....there was a bump in the road, and i described it like it happened...but it was not a tour, just 2 hired drivers and Chicken, our entertaining host....chicken just happened to be on the other bus, or this would have taken another course....the "monitor" was also just a tourist, and was really a sweet girl...I really liked her, and she didnt do anything with malice or mean or anything....she just made a couple of decisions that I think should have been group decisions...that's all....

Nice.... The day had it's bumps, however at the end of the day we all control our fun factor. The man that was booted was a local Jamaican and their is some history there that should see no mention on the www. He's a nice guy and I wish him the best...... One bus was full of people that road tripped it last year and had an amazing time. We tried to grow it this year so others could partake and at the end off the day it was simply too many people. I thank both the organizer as well as "the self appointed leader of the other bus" as your intentions were sincere. The best part of the day for me was the time chilling on the beach in Parottee while you guys went to Pelican Bar. Man, I love the South Coast and see myself spending much more time there than in Negril.....

garysteph1018
06-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Well said Booger!!! Thank you ... thank you .... thank you!!!

Thanks Groove for clarifying that we all had a blast & for giving props to the person who worked her arse off for us!

Jambarney
06-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Hey dude sorry to poke around when I was not there, but what difference does it make whether it was a local or not? Still sounds like it was way toooooo far away from home to be putting anyone off , short of a physical harm to others threat or issue.

I've met both Groove and Flip and trust their judgment, sounds like it was a bit harsh. The fact that he was a local probably meant he had some connections to get home but also way less money to do so. Not exactly my idea of how I treat people in their own country (no matter how drunk they are), but hey to each their own.

I'm not sure why the "local mention Jamaican" part was even brought up, being that you say it "should see no mention on the www." , totally irrelevant. You know one love and one blood and all?

Just an observation, take care and glad it ended ok and fun for all.

Jamb

booger
06-09-2013, 05:41 PM
Hey Jam,
I respect both their judgements as well. I personally enjoyed nothing but good times with them and theirs. I mentioned the fact that it was a local as it appeared to me from reading Groove's TR that it was a tourist who was bounced from the bus. Like I said, he was a great guy and I feel horrible for the chit he had to deal with. Peace

Jambarney
06-09-2013, 05:46 PM
No problem dude, take care.

Groove love your report man!!

Jamb

DConkle
06-09-2013, 05:46 PM
groove16 forgive me if I missed it but is there a pic of this"monitor" you speak of? I don't smoke but understand when in JA it's pretty much everywhere.... Sounds like you handled it better than I might have! Now I can pick up with the story where I left off! Loving it !

garysteph1018
06-09-2013, 06:28 PM
7migal ... what purpose does posting a picture of the monitor serve.

I'm sure Groove's acct of what happened on his bus it totally accurate, but a lot of things happened that he has no idea about that lead to the decision that was made. Everyone needs to remember there are a lot of sides to a story, and there are those who think they have to discuss the negative, and those of us who don't.

However ...

This "self appointed monitor" is getting way too much sh#t handed her way. She happens to be a really great person, who actually had the balls big enough to look out for the folks on the bus when no one else would. The guy who got kicked off may be a good guy, but he chose poorly when he chose his companion for that week. She has, in the past, been violent, and judging from what I saw during the day ... and I was directly in her line of fire for a good 8 hours ... was more than likely about to explode. I do know that the "self appointed monitor" tried to separate the two, obviously with no help from the other passengers, and when the arguing didn't stop, did what she thought was best. So lighten up on her.

As far as the smoking ... give it a rest. Chicken made that decision, and he completely did the right thing. The bus was a non-smoking bus b/c it was a new bus, and he wants to keep it nice. The "self appointed monitor" was on that bus for that non-smoking reason. Up close proximity smoking is not something that she wanted to be a part of, and there was only SO MUCH room on the smoking bus. Some people were so desperate to get on the "smoking" bus, they kept asking their bus to stop instead of just letting all of us get to where we needed to be ... at which time they would have been able to smoke it up!

So anyway, that's about all I wanna say .... well not really, but I'm going to stop. I would just ask that everyone remember there are many 100% accurate sides to a story.

loomis41973
06-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Thank you for the great pics...it's been awhile since we've visited JA.

groove16
06-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Well said Booger!!! Thank you ... thank you .... thank you!!!

Thanks Groove for clarifying that we all had a blast & for giving props to the person who worked her arse off for us!

i've had a few messages with her about the trip, and told her over and over how much fun we had....I am glad we went and even with the bumps in the road, it did not ruin the trip...like booger said, we all control our own fun factor....this is the last thing (maybe) I am gonna say about what happened to this person...since you agree that this was an ongoing problem, you will also have to agree that "she" was the loudest, most annoying of the two....IMO, she should have been told to move, not him...and if anybody should have been put off the bus, it was her...well no one should have been put off the bus...that's the point, as bad as it was, it wasn't that bad....it really wasnt ruining our time....

and why didnt anyone else get involved and separate the two? because it wasn't that big of a deal to anyone else....no threaat of violence, didnt appear close to getting out of control.....I mean she was out of control all day, like you said, and that was annoying from minute one...but again with my point of the wrong person was targeted, if anyone needed to be targeted....she took his pride from him in front of all, and he paid for it...too proud to move to the back of the bus...

steph, u know how outspoken I am (you got that same trait) and it was not like me to let something happen that i didnt think was right, and I questioned myself for a long time after this...

Flipadelphia26
06-09-2013, 08:32 PM
jamb. what's up. Hope all is well.

Jambarney
06-09-2013, 09:04 PM
Flip if I was any better I'd be twins, or me and badnaz would be frickin quadruplets......... hmmm , I guess.

Damn near pulled the trigger again last weekend but that thing called work wouldn't cooperate.

Hope you and Jackie are good, me & the badone send our regards and KC and Andy Reid are callin you boy.

Til the next time,

Jamb

sbeth
06-09-2013, 09:28 PM
I really enjoyed reading this; thanks!

groove16
06-10-2013, 03:23 PM
A quick look back and my opinion on the places we visited on our trip...

Belmont Beach....I wish I would have walked around and talked ot more of the locals there...It was a beautiful beach....Janet says she should have went thru the Peter Tosh place....I am not into museums or tours as much as I am into people, and of course, the beauty of the scenery...To me, this was the most fun part of the day, it just didn't last long enuff...I had never been here, and I would love to go back for a day....awesome time

Lovers leap.....now this was a beautiful sight....again I did not listen to the tour guide as much as Janet did, and took quite a few pics....but after that, i don't think I could spend much more time there....talk about peace and quiet....if u really wanted to get away from it all....Janet had talked about going here before, so we are glad we did...it is something we would have never done on our own....and the pics really don't show the real beauty of scenery...that view is really breathtaking...

Pelican Bar....I think booger mentioned earlier that we were at parrottee beach....I didn't know where we were, I thought it was treasure beach, but I also knew it was not near where I thought we were going,as we turned a couple times and I lost my bearings...(had a map, was trying to follow along) I cant really comment much on the beach, we didnt spend time there, but Pelican bar is a blast....we had just been there for the 1st time about 6 months earlier, and it rocks...I really enjoyed this part of the trip as well....Rick and Carolyn had never been to pelican bar and they also loved it...If u have never been, it is a once in a lifetime place to see...

we also enjoyed the pit stops at the littles stores along the way...this is where we get to see things you dont see in Negril...Janet likes to give stuff to the kids, she gave stuff away at every stop we made, I think....I know she made several kids happy that day....and that makes us happy...we tote a 50lb suitcase full of give away stuff on every trip....and then lug around that stupid flowery bag on all of our day trips, just in case we run across some children...some laugh at all our junk, but in the long run, it is worth it, cuz it makes her happy...

It was a very long day, and I could only do 1 excursion per trip because of all the time riding on the rough roads...(some of our crew did kingston a few days later and loved it, but we declined...rick and carolyn did both and they all say the kingston tour is a blast) but we are glad we did this trip, because of the hard work of Marley, this trip was not only affordable (never could have gotten this price on our own) but included some great boardies that we got to spend time with...It was also my 1st time riding on the CHicken magic bus, and he is a great tour guide...I would recommend him anytime...

groove16
06-10-2013, 04:10 PM
and now on to the next adventure...

yesterday was our 1st day at shields, but we were gone all day...when we got back, all of our stuff was in our room, the a/c was turned on, and it was great...all done...

I get up and I love the view outside of my room...we booked one of the 2 poolside/oceanview rooms....the balcony overlooks the pool and bar....best beach view ever from a room in negril for us...

I do my morning beach walk....go to the yellowbird and have a couple of drinks..I head back, Janet is ready to walk a little, so we walk again....I get a call from flip,and we meet him and his lovely companion Jackie at.....the yellow bird....al and lulu are also there...I see al and lulu everyday now that i am at shields and they are at bar b barn.....2 for 1 dirty banana, and papaya daqs...

we walk back to shields, play in the pool and swim up bar....Janet catches up with Maureen, the bartender friend that we met in 2010...such a sweet lady...

a few pics of our room at shields, look over the mess, please

bathtub

bed

view of pool from my chair in room,

this is my Favorite juice ever

and all my assorted drinks for the reach

add a little J B overproof to the juices and instant punch

groove16
06-10-2013, 04:27 PM
our balcony, on the right as we looking at it

the walkway at shields
the indoor restuarant

groove16
06-10-2013, 04:42 PM
flowers

Maureen behind the bar

out front of shields

waiting for this...next up

Flipadelphia26
06-10-2013, 05:07 PM
Shields looks really nice!!

DConkle
06-10-2013, 05:40 PM
gerysteph1018, thanks for the view from another angle.

2nutz4travel
06-10-2013, 07:39 PM
We call her "Janet Claus" lol

Lady Jane
06-11-2013, 09:00 AM
We call her "Janet Claus" lol

Aptly put! I love this pic. Little boy all excited having a treat and Grandma getting something too

kaycee
06-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Loving that pic of janet handing out goodies!

Smokin Kevan
06-11-2013, 01:05 PM
groove16, I just read the White Sands section!Wow! My wife gave the okay yesterday for a getaway 1st week of July. She's ready, as she was unable to join me Boardie Bash week... White Sands WAS in consideration. Thank You for your honesty... It may b a nice place, but walking on egg shells and feeling somebody might go off on me is not my idea of a good time...I am at page 9, already looking forward to the box lunches i was unaware of and the 2 for 1 drink specials, fish taco's etc... Again, thanks for this awesome report... It's sheer size and quality photo narration is reminiscent of my Cali cousin, gerryg123!
1 hour later, thru interruptions, I have finished this awesome report!
Thanks a Zillion!..Whe! Wheeeeeeeee! Soon come!

Happy Travels,
Skb

groove16
06-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Hey kevin...a long way to go to compete with gerryg123...i tried my hand at videos on this pub crawl, i may try to post a few, but they suck...lol

Janet Claus....now that has a nice ring to it....