Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed
below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below.
If you would like to cancel the registration, click here
to return to the forums index.
In order to ensure that Negril.com message board remains an informative space to share experiences, views and good vibes about Negril and Jamaica in general, we have established the following rules as guidelines for good conduct.
No message should…
· Contain, promote, or link to sexually explicit or violent material. · Promote, depict, or link to material that promotes or depicts discrimination in any form.
· Contain information regarding or promoting illegal activity, or linking to a site that provides such information.
. Contain explicit language, personal attacks or defamation of character.
· Contains spam, pyramid schemes, or other unrelated advertising material; or is considered by us to be obscene, excessively violent, threatening, harassing or otherwise objectionable;
· Contain material deemed by Negril.com management to be unsuitable for any other reason.
The Negril Forum Guidelines
1) Since this is the Negril Message Board, we would like the topics to try and reflect Negril and Jamaica tourism. This is meant to be a rather common sense guideline.
Although we appreciate all the visitors to the Board, if we allow people to post discussions about Cancun, where to dine in San Francisco, pictures of sunsets in New Jersey or their car for sale in Denver, the Negril Message Board would quickly lose its focus.
This guideline is just that, a guide to help you determine if a post is proper for the Board. There are of course exceptions either way.
Since the Negril Message Board readers, known as Boardies, come together as a large family on here, as always we allow posts wishing others well during their times of need. The power of these good vibes can make a difference in people's lives and are encouraged.
Also, we love to hear about Boardies gatherings around the world, so keep those fun posts coming!
In addition, major news events (Michael Jackson's death) or international situations (the tsunami at Christmas) do warrant discussion. This does not mean every event is eligible to be discussed, but that the extraordinary ones are welcome as people do need to express themselves at times.
On the other side of the coin, since the Negril Message Board has no news gathering personnel, we discourage the posting of news stories from other sources. There are already news sites that have that information available, the Gleaner and RJR for example, and those are the appropriate sites to find daily news about Jamaica. That information is also copyrighted, so without permission it is inappropriate to post it in the first place.
2) There will be no fighting, name calling, rude comments, bashing of another person, hateful language, etc. allowed on the Negril Message Board. If you cannot say something nice or at least neutral about someone, then please dont say it.
3) There will be no foul language on the Negril Message Board. If you cannot make a post without swearing, then dont post.
4) If you would like to promote a product or a business on the Negril Message Board, please contact us about becoming a sponsor.
5) Illegal drug use is illegal and for common sense reasons cannot be discussed on the Negril Message Board.
Any posts that do not meet these requirements in the eyes of anyone who is monitoring the Negril Message Board is subject to removal. If you have a post removed, please email or private message us. Further posts on the Board asking why will also be removed. Anyone who has a large number of posts removed, or is attacking another person is subject to having their account suspended.
Once again, these guidelines are meant to be a common sense suggestion on what posts are appropriate for the Negril Message Board. The Boardies are a large international family and we want to continue to provide a place for everyone to come together well into the future. Your understanding and cooperation will help to allow this to happen.
Although the administrators and moderators of The Negril Message Board will attempt to keep all objectionable
messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of
the author, and neither the owners of The Negril Message Board, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin)
will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar,
sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of The Negril Message Board reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.
Thank you ALL for helping to maintain the quality of Negril.com forums.