Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bar thread. - For Newbs and Longtimers Alike.

User Info Menu

The Bar thread. - For Newbs and Longtimers Alike.

Tony's Hut - My all-time favorite.

The very definition of a Tiki Bar. It has a thatch roof. Bamboo benches. Probably the coldest beer on the beach. (200J). Grace-ann, is the daytime bartender. She has Connect 4, UNO, Dominoes, Jenga and various other games. She will beat anyone who challenges her at these games. The music is usually set to old school reggae, with an occasional nod to some dance-hall beats. Right next door in WAVES Park is Niah's. You can get an excellent patty there. Grace will even call in an order for you, and Niah will deliver. Then proceed to hang out and drink with you. For a newcomer, a longtimer, or anyone else. This is the best spot to get a taste of Negril. (in my humble opinion).

Sun Beach

Home of World Famous, Dennis the Menace. This bar has a huge beach in front of it. The Reggae is always playing. There are chair swings, and a full fledged food menu. This is the first Off the Resort bar I ever went to. The food is good. The staff is friendly. A great vibe. It's probably the best place to spend the day on the beach, if you are coming from a place that doesnt have one. The beers are cheap. (I think 200J).

Sunny Side

Maureen and Rob's bar. Simple. Easy to get to. 150 J beers. Some of the cheapest on the island. Some killer Rum Punch as well. one of the better places to take in a sunset. Here you will congregate with tourists and locals pretty evenly.

Yellow Bird

Second best place to hang out on the beach, if your hotel doesnt have one. They are happy to get you chairs. 2 for 1 blended drinks all day long. 200J Red Stripes. Big square bar, can seat lots of people. Marcia's cakes are located here. They are excellent. If you are into it, sometimes she has "Special Cake". Be careful. Some of the best Dirty Bananas in Negril.

Bourbon Beach

If you want Jerk Chicken, and some booze. This is the place. Their drink prices are a little higher than most places. Their Chicken is very good. I used to frequent this establishment at all hours, but now it is mainly a day time thing for me. The reason being, at night, I tend to feel like I am walking down the beach. There tends to be more people asking you if you want to buy smoke or other substances and it gets to be a little irritating after awhile. That's just an honest opinion. It is under new management, and they really did some TLC to the looks of the place since last year, but I haven't noticed a difference in the solicitation of things after dark. Daytime is fine though.

Aunties Thrill Corner

Good food. Nice people hanging around there. inexpensive beer. This place is tucked back next to sea splash. If you want to find a good game of Dominoes. This is a good place on the beach to find it. The locals have no problem including you in the game. Beware, they're good.

Sea Splash

200 JA beer. Nice deck, set away from the beach foot traffic. Good dirty Bananas. Little bit pricey compared to other places though. A good place to check out the sunset. It's a usually turn around and walk back down the beach spot for us. Not before having a drink or 2 though.

White Sands

Daily 2 for 1 special. PGW likes to call it "2 Drinks 1 Price" as it is a little bit pricier than the competition. Still, they have a nice bar staff, and there is a nice shaded seating area with table. Not one of my normal stops, but I did not want to leave it out.

Boat Bar

Live music on Fridays. Friendly staff. 200J Red Stripes. Rumor has it, you can get a very good massage there as well. I try to make a stop at this bar once or twice a trip. Particularly on the days they have the live music going.

Alfred's Ocean Palace

This is the place to be, if you want to sit down and have lunch at a table on the beach. The food here is quite good. The staff is friendly. There is live music at Alfred's on Friday nights as well. It has been a staple on the beach for sometime. 25 years?

Fun Holiday

Tuesdays you stop by and see Rob that the noon Webcast. This is a decent little beach bar. Sometimes they are out of red stipe bottles and will offer you draft (Yuck). There is a swim up bar and loungers on the beach to hang out at. I hear the food at this place is pretty good as well, though I have never tried it myself.

Sun Quest - AKA - Old Wild Parrot

Nice little bar. Staff is pretty friendly. Buy a drink and lounge in their comfortable chairs. Or the hammock. The food here is pretty good as well.

Bar B Barn
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    is popular, and the place get a plus-mark for having exceptionally comfortable bar stools - something that's hard to find in Negril.

Shields Bar

2 For one happy hour 4 - 6. I stayed at this hotel last trip. Had a total or 2 drinks here. Beers are 250J. It has potential to be a pretty cool little bar, but I was not real impressed with the staff. There's island time and there's slow. Still. it has a pool though, and you can drink at the swimup bar. So that's pretty cool. The only time I ever went to this bar was during my stay in Jan 2014.

Barry's Bar

Quote Originally Posted by 2nutz4travel View Post
    - ice cold red stripe - I'm thinking it was $200 JA for a Stripe and $250 for a Light??
    Collettes's

Quote Originally Posted by Kiknback View Post
    A lovely little Yellow Bar on Fire Station Road in Red Ground. Inviting and friendly looking from the outside, that is confirmed when you meet the wonderful Collette, one of the most warm and friendly people in Negril.
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kiknback View Post
    - More than just pork! Come here anytime for great local conversation and the coldest Red Stripes in town! And cheap!
    Mi Yard
    Quote Originally Posted by suzengrace View Post
    ...where else can i go when i want a cold guniness and some Jamaican style snack food at 4am-or anythign of the day /week.. and Delroy is a great guy....you never know what you will witness while hangin out on the porch....
    No limit:
    great little place-great little location-nice and strong drinks
    Quote Originally Posted by poolguywindsor View Post
    No Limit! always a game of dominoes out front and a must stop in the west!
    Mystic bar:
    pretty little wooden place with nice hospitality..
    this is one of my favourites, I always have a good time here, day or night.

LTU:
    kind of an ex-pat -west end hang-out ...one of the most beautiful views -up on the cliffs...food pretty good (little $$) nice place to chill on the west end -good vibes.. and did i mention the view??
    Sir-d's
    ...remember when he was starting to build the place up..i said with a view like this -and nice open/but intimate setting you got a winner here....excellent place to watch sun set (esp if you dont want deal with crowds at ricks)
    Lesa's bar
    -right across street from ricks -down the lane a bit...a local hang-out for sure-with street parties every once in awhile..always got the tunes playing.. tourists of course always welcome..venture out a bit and have a drink -meeti some local jam folks from the neighborhood...

Cosmos
    -long time establishment ,,,way down the beach next to the long bay public beach... excellent food.. great drinks..very few higglers down in that area..how the beach should be..beautiful, clean, great food/drinks available and you can actually hang out in peace...

Sunset After Dark,
    although it is a restaurant, I stop there quite often for a drink or two, and if Patrick is there most likely a shot of Tequilla
    Canoe
    How can you pass by without a stop in here, don't forget the rum punch here!

Jenny's
    cant get by here without a visit with Connie, a cold beer snack, and if its your thing maybe a special cake!
    Debar
    for me this is a last call joint, mostly end up here as the last stop of the night, they stay open until the last soul leaves.
    Spyda Jam
    this is one of my favourites, I think the bartender is secretly in love with me, and she is really good at keeping a secret!
    Xtabi
    don't always stop there but if I am hungry, the clubhouse sandwich is really good and cheap, beware of the expensive drinks here!
    Ivan's
    [QUOTE=poolguywindsor;123877]one of my must stop bars, just a cool place with a great staff![/qoute]

Rick's Café
    I think you should always go there at least one time per trip! After all its one of the worlds top ten bars!?

- To be continued......

Please feel free to add.
    Last edited by Flipadelphia26; 02-04-2014 at 08:21 AM.

User Info Menu

Re: The Bar thread. - For Newbs and Longtimers Alike.

This is great as a first time visiort to the island we like to try nice local bars

User Info Menu

Thanks ladyluck above

And Kidrick below.
    Last edited by Flipadelphia26; 01-30-2014 at 12:14 PM.

User Info Menu

Nice list Flip! I am taking notes. Can't drink everywhere but a guy sure can try.

User Info Menu

best thread I've seen so far! thank you!

User Info Menu

Although not in order geographically, that makes for a good afternoon!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Maybe if I ever have any free time, I will make a bar map.

User Info Menu

Name:  IMG_1277.jpg
Views: 2045
Size:  94.9 KBName:  IMG_1277.jpg
Views: 2045
Size:  94.9 KB

Aunties Thrill Corner.

User Info Menu

Name:  IMG_1282.jpg
Views: 1823
Size:  86.7 KBName:  IMG_1283.jpg
Views: 1970
Size:  96.5 KB

User Info Menu

Name:  IMG_1286.jpg
Views: 1961
Size:  94.1 KBName:  IMG_1290.jpg
Views: 1964
Size:  93.7 KB