Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Untitled" Trip Reprt

User Info Menu

Re: "Untitled" Trip Reprt

Now, usually upon arrival, I take a few minutes to get situated in my room. Hang up my clothes, put shower stuff in the shower etc...not this time. Literally, we dropped it and headed out. We get down to the bar and Margaritaville is there giving out samples of raspberry, mango, and strawberry margaritas. Most of the folks who had been there were drifting away as they were wrapping up. Well, he made us a sample of each and by this time we were the last two there. Keep in mind, we were running on very little sleep, had mimosas for breakfast, rum punches on arrival, Red Stripe at Biggas, and now this. The guy asked what our favorite flavors were and proceeded to make us each a giant margarita in one of their regular cups and gave them to us because we were the last ones. Bonus! Well..they sure were good. Oh, and might I add, we've only eaten at Biggas since dinner the night before. 1/4 chicken does not an alcohol absorbent make. From here, we walk out to the water. I cannot WAIT to get my feet in the water. Something about the water along Negril's shoreline therapeutic to me. It just takes the final remnants of stress and releases them.

We see Sunnyside and head over to have a beer. Seems like a good plan right? We headed back to the room for a bit to, I have no idea what. Get money maybe? From there we headed down to Alfred's for dinner. I had been dreaming of fish and chips there for the past few weeks. Maybe it was the heat...maybe the drinks...but it wasn't great like I remembered. Ah well, it certainly wasn't bad. Back to Sunnyside for a drink and then we headed back to the room. We were completely exhausted at this point and sleep was a welcome respite from our journey...and the rum.

Pictures will start in the next installment. I evidently couldn't be bothered to grab a camera.

[/url]

User Info Menu

That sounds like a great start to a vacation!

User Info Menu

great report so far!
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

yes!

User Info Menu

I awoke early as I often do the next morning, in spite of the indulgence I partook in upon arrival...and continued into the evening. This may be a good time to mention that I SELDOM drink at home. After all....I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea about me. LOL Anyhow...up early, hubby still asleep. Bags are still stacked on the floor and nothing is out. I start to unpack and settle in. Hubby is still sleeping. I am noisy. He wakes and asks me what I am doing? We're on vacation...why am I up already? He just looks at me and doesn't expect an answer. He knows. I am always up early with the sun in Jamaica. At home...not so much, although I have to be. I fumble around in the semi dark and make coffee in the room and continue rattling bags, unzipping the suitcase, opening and closing the closet, putting things in the safe until he can't take it any longer and gets up. We are both feeling pretty rough this morning. Sigh. Not the best way to start the trip. Oh well...a few more things put away and off to get towels and claim our spots for the day. We met Bluez yesterday when we got in, and spent some of the day with her. What a great lady!! We sure enjoyed hanging out with her over the week.

We decide to just have breakfast at Rooms today because we don't feel like going too far (see last paragraph). Have the continental - and find our way down to the beach. Man...it is HOT HOT HOT! After the Polar Vortex winter.....the sun feels good on my skin and I embrace the sweating that commences almost immediately. We spend the day on the beach ~ in the water, over to see Maureen, in our chairs...repeat. I made it until about 2 pm. From there we headed back to our room and took a nap. Ahhh vacation. I don't have the chance to nap very often, so this was certainly a luxury!

I woke up and we decided to get ready and head down to SunBeach for dinner around 5 pm. We got there before the tables were set up, so we just hung at the bar and waited until Dennis was ready for us. He gave us the table closest to the water where we enjoyed a fantastic dinner! I had the fish and chips and hubby had the steamed grouper. We had the wings as an appetizer and they were DELISH! The sunset that night was probably one of the best I'd seen and it was directly in front of us. Nothing like having a front row seat at the show! While we were eating dinner a soccer team was out for a run on the beach. Dark was starting to settle on the shore so we finished up and headed back to Sunnyside. Are you seeing a pattern yet? A few pics ~ The next installment: Hanging with Garfield and Odie.

Name:  IMG_0043.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  81.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0060.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  85.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0063.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  89.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0068.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  85.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0057.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  87.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0066.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  94.2 KB

[/url]

User Info Menu

My favorite was the lighting on the sign on the beach. As it started to get dark, Dennis brought out a lamp without a shad and a long extension cord and sat it on the sign.

Name:  IMG_0070.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  94.6 KB

[/url]

User Info Menu

Thanks for the great pics. I remember that sinking feeling in the sand at SunBeach!

User Info Menu

Loving the report and it was amazing to meet you both too, we had a lot of laughs together! Love the sunset pic ....want another dirty banana LOL

~ May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand between your toes ~

User Info Menu

That's tomorrow, Bluez!

[/url]

User Info Menu

@dash~ one of the few good "sinking" feelings I've ever had!

[/url]