Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: "Untitled" Trip Reprt

User Info Menu

Re: "Untitled" Trip Reprt

Tuesday....Ah Tuesday. Again we woke up feeling fabulous. Ready again for a day of sun, sand, and drinks. The sun and sand were great. The drinks were plentiful. Perhaps a bit too plentiful. Hence, bad math and mistake number 2.

As we are up early, we headed out in search of breakfast. We walked down the beach road in search of something to eat. Not much luck this early, so we decided to stop in to the Blue Mountain coffee shop. We were the only ones there and enjoyed a great cup of joe. I love to just sit and listen to Negril wake up in the morning. It's one of my favorite times of the day. People are out raking and sweeping their walks, the garbage men went by, busy taxis filled with people going to and from work, some of the beach vendors getting dropped off and unloading their wares to hawk along the shoreline. Good stuff. Anyhow, as we are sitting, I walked over to the picture board on the wall of the coffee shop. And what do I see? This:

Name:  IMG_0096.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  88.5 KB

Again....my hometown. WTH? I am a bit perplexed by the number of Muskegon stickers I am encountering. I asked the lady at the coffee shop. It seems a large group from there come and stay each year in her yard. Huh...who knew? We finished up and headed back over to Rooms. I guess we must have had breakfast there, the day was blurry mostly.

We took a nice long walk in the morning after breakfast heading towards Alfreds along the beach. Snapped some pictures along the way.

Name:  IMG_0098.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  86.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0108.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  89.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0110.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  91.8 KB

From there, we spent much of the day drinking (not water) and laying in the sun. After awhile, we went over to Sunnyside for "just one". I even went so far as to only bring enough for 2 beers. Like it would be too much effort to walk back over and grab some more money? No, in fact it wasn't too much trouble. Part one of my bad math.... We spent a couple hours over there chatting with the people we found to be regulars.

As the afternoon drug on...who should appear? Yep. Powerstrap. Now, did I want a bracelet he sold? No, in fact I did not (when I was sober). However, it was Tuesday, and I had told him to check with me then. He sat down next to me and showed me the bracelets he had. They weren't like the one he originally showed me, so, I told him no, I was looking for one with two bands. Oh, like this? He pulls out some brown coral from his bag. Crap. Yep, like that. He got busy sanding and bending the coral into a bracelet. At this time, hubby is sitting at the bar, and I'm at the picnic table. He gets it done and tells me his price. No way I say. That's too much. We negotiate, and this might be a good time to add that my negotiation skills are usually pretty good. However, today, they may be rum or stripe soaked...and I'm a bit off my game. I look and see I only have part of the price we agree upon. Oops. Um..hubby? Do you happen to have XX? Now, at this time, hubby, who is the most laidback easy going guy I know, is getting a little irritated. Powerstrap is a bit overbearing. He won't seem to leave me alone and is getting closer to me by the minute. Hubby says yes, and Powerstrap heads over to him. Hubby says something to him quietly, hands him some money, and we never see him again. Mistake #2. Live and learn, I guess. It was a lesson I had learned long before this day...but it was sorta reiterated again. I have no picture of the bracelet, as it's a bit of a sore spot. LOL

We head back to the room and grab a bit of a nap. We both need it. Too much everything today. I head out to snap some sunset pictures.

Name:  IMG_0111.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  89.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0113.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  91.3 KB

We decide that we need some food. Hubby made it clear that I should probably not be negotiating sales when I'm imbibing. Uh...yeah, true story. We decide that we are just going to have barrel chicken from out at the road for dinner. We walk over and ask Odie if he's hungry. We're going to grab some chicken out on the road. We had some of his fries and chicken a couple nights before...so we told him we'd get him dinner tonight. We head down to check Blue Dandy and head back eating at the bar. It was really good!
    We hang out there for a bit and then call it a day.

Every trip, we talk about the late night concerts and before we leave, we always tell ourselves THIS TIME we are going to stay up and experience some of the nightlife that Negril has to offer. After 7 trips...it still hasn't happened. So it goes...

[/url]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    We head down to check Blue Dandy and head back eating at the bar. It was really good!
    Love Blue Dandy .....

User Info Menu

My husband and I have been to Negril about 7 times. Every single time we say we are going to stay up and check out the nightlife- but we NEVER have! So- I am in the same boat as you. We are going again in July and already said, this time we are going to check out some nightlife. I seriously doubt it will happen! Hahaha

User Info Menu

Powerstrap strikes again haha

Gorgeous sunset pics Jenn

~ May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand between your toes ~

User Info Menu

Really enjoying the pics and the report - getting me so excited for Saturday...
    Hedo Negril '07 Hedo Ochi '08 Couples Negril & Riu Ochi '10 Firefly & iberostar Rose Hall Beach '12 Firefly & Samsara '14 Samsara & CocolaPalm '16 CocolaPalm & Couples Negril '17 Treehouse & Catcha & Couples Negril '22

Coming in from the cold...

User Info Menu

Note to self.... Have powerstrap leave you alone early on in the trip

User Info Menu

enjoying your report and photos..........

User Info Menu

enjoyed this latest installment.
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

Enjoying the report , keep it coming.

User Info Menu

hey! more more more! please :-)