Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some thoughts and pictures from our trip...

User Info Menu

Re: Some thoughts and pictures from our trip...

Heliconia flower. Love those
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

Next up was the bar crawl. We've done it every trip since December 2012, so this was our 5th. Lenbert pulled up with a VERY full bus, but the 8 of us from Rooms managed to squeeze on . Lenbert had promised us at least 2 new stops, in fact we got 3.

The first stop was Grace's house, always a pleasure. The 2nd stop was a surprise. New to the crawl but not new to us, I'm sure you'll recognize this place...

Name:  IMG_0405 (Copy).jpg
Views: 471
Size:  90.9 KB

Next up was the Sky Bar, this picture was taken from the bar

Name:  IMG_0406 (Copy).jpg
Views: 461
Size:  98.5 KB

Next stop was Home Sweet Home. Our first time there and it was lovely, they have a nice bar and it's a really nice spot. And of course, several people just had to jump

Name:  IMG_0407 (Copy).jpg
Views: 472
Size:  98.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0409 (Copy).jpg
Size:  93.5 KB

Xtabi was next and more jumping. We got ourselves a drink and took the time to tour the property and chat with the gardener.

Name:  IMG_0416 (Copy).jpg
Size:  97.7 KB

By now the bus was rocking, Lenbert loves his old disco tunes, and it gets everyone singing and dancing in the aisles. Our next stop was Just Natural, our first time there. What an interesting place!

Name:  IMG_0419 (Copy).jpg
Views: 412
Size:  99.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0421 (Copy).jpg
Views: 459
Size:  98.7 KB

Last stop was Sir D's, sadly not much of a sunset that night. We went over to the lookout and chatted with a very interesting Rasta. I only wished we'd had more time to speak with him longer.

Name:  IMG_0425 (Copy).jpg
Views: 457
Size:  91.4 KB

More tunes and dancing on the way back down the Cliff Road. Another great bar crawl thanks to Lenbert

User Info Menu

Thanks!
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

So I thought someone would comment on the sunglasses on the statue at Xtabi, don't remember them being there before LOL

We woke up Thursday morning to very angry seas...

Name:  IMG_0435 (Copy).jpg
Views: 231
Size:  91.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0439 (Copy).jpg
Views: 232
Size:  89.8 KB

We decided to try Alfred's for breakfast this morning, it was good, but a little greasy. Mr. Nutz loved their coffee and there is something to be said for this view

Name:  IMG_0441 (Copy).jpg
Views: 240
Size:  90.9 KB

After breakfast we needed to get some OJ, so off to YellowBird for "dessert" and a bottle of juice.

Name:  IMG_0448 (Copy).jpg
Views: 383
Size:  72.5 KB

Back to Rooms to enjoy our orange juice. If only every day could start like this

Name:  IMG_0453 (Copy).jpg
Views: 383
Size:  74.9 KB

One of the few sunsets that week. This was taken from a 2nd floor OceanFront room (2603) at Rooms. Nice view...

Name:  IMG_0457 (Copy).jpg
Views: 385
Size:  89.4 KB

For dinner we went to the Italian Cafe. Several other folks we met that week spoke very highly of it and they weren't wrong. Even with their recommendations it was still a pleasant surprise. We had a caprese salad to start and a lobster pizza (sorry I rarely think to take pictures of food), very good and a really nice atmosphere. We will definitely go there again

This is the outside courtyard area which I already posted in another thread...

Name:  IMG_0466 (Copy).jpg
Views: 397
Size:  89.1 KB

This is the inside of the restaurant...

Name:  IMG_0468 (Copy).jpg
Views: 386
Size:  85.0 KB
    Last edited by nutz4travel; 04-22-2014 at 04:38 PM.

User Info Menu

Love it. , thanks for sharing.

User Info Menu

Great photos!
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

Thanks I have one more day to share, maybe tonight I'll get it done...

User Info Menu

Alright, time to finish this up Friday was our last day, and we had to make the best of it. Breakfast at Alfred's again, followed by the customary mimosas. Lunch was a patty from Niah's, soooo good. We shared one, which Tony was kind enough to cut in half for us while we enjoyed a drink at the bar...

Name:  IMG_0474 (Copy).jpg
Views: 229
Size:  95.2 KB

Being Friday, we had a choice of either Drifters or the Boat Bar. Our friends really love the Boat Bar, so off we went. It was our first time there on a Friday afternoon and we really enjoyed it. How any of those guys could play, much less stand, is beyond me. It was a lot of fun watching them and listening to the music as they switched in and out. Here are a few pictures from the afternoon.

Name:  IMG_0476 (Copy).jpg
Views: 226
Size:  92.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0479 (Copy).jpg
Views: 237
Size:  94.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0480 (Copy).jpg
Views: 229
Size:  91.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0483 (Copy).jpg
Views: 233
Size:  91.7 KB

After the boat bar we walked up to Idle Awhile for dinner, we'd had a nice meal there before. After an agonizing wait, we finally got our food, which was edible but nothing special. By now it was raining and the 4 us had no shoes (you think we'd know better at our age!) so we grabbed a taxi back to Rooms. Getting out of the taxi we were commenting on how poorly lit Rooms was at night; in fact the power was out. I can live with that, but no ice? EEEEK

I'll leave you with a few random pictures and the hope that we'll all be back soon...

Name:  IMG_0499 (Copy).jpg
Views: 225
Size:  98.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0507 (Copy).jpg
Views: 227
Size:  98.1 KB

User Info Menu

thanks for the t.r. and pics, soon come