Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some thoughts and pictures from our trip...

User Info Menu

Some thoughts and pictures from our trip...

We just returned from another wonderful week in Negril. From the time the plane touched down until we were greeting our driver was 25 minutes. I've never seen anything like it - apparently arriving in the morning is much better! We tried a lot of new places and really enjoyed ourselves. I won't bore you with the details, but will provide some pictures.

We stayed at Rooms this trip, and loved the location on the beach. They lost our reservation, so we didn't get a great 1st impression. If it weren't for that though I probably would consider staying there again.

View from our first room...
    Name:  IMG_0341 (Copy).jpg
Views: 1026
Size:  92.9 KB

View from our oceanfront room...
    Name:  IMG_0362 (Copy).jpg
Views: 1034
Size:  97.5 KB

Arrival day was a blur, so sorry, no pictures were taken.

Sunday consisted of a whole lot of nothing, we did go to Ivan's for dinner which was great as always, but I didn't take a single picture...

Monday we tried Cafe Goa for breakfast and enjoyed it. Wanted to go for the Sunday Brunch party, but we were up too early that first morning to wait that long for breakfast... I love how it's so well camouflaged by the trees and bushes
    Name:  IMG_0349 (Copy).jpg
Views: 1017
Size:  100.6 KB

After breakfast we cut through YellowBird to get to the beach. Of course that meant we had to stop for a dirty banana! Can't beat the 2 for $400 JA
    Name:  IMG_0352 (Copy).jpg
Views: 1023
Size:  99.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_0353 (Copy).jpg
Views: 1010
Size:  66.1 KB

1st time I've seen this on the beach. They did stop and speak to a couple of guys with horses, but nothing was done...
    Name:  IMG_0360 (Copy).jpg
Views: 940
Size:  84.1 KB

We had dinner that night at Alfred's - 1st time there. Had the fish and chips, really enjoyed the fish. After Alfred's we went back to Yellow Bird for a dinner dessert Dirty Banana. I think they do make the best one on the beach!

More later...

User Info Menu

Re: Some thoughts and pictures from our trip...

Great pics! Sound like I need to head over to yellow bird in a few weeks

User Info Menu

Wondering if you noticed a taste difference between the imported and brewed on the rock stripes?

User Info Menu

I saw the police jeep as well. Am hoping they calm those riders of horse down!
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STRIPER View Post
    Wondering if you noticed a taste difference between the imported and brewed on the rock stripes?
    No taste difference that I could see, but I'm not a Red Stripe afficianado by any means. The "imported" ones are brewed in JA but are meant to be exported. The ones we saw were destined for Brazil and Canada (actually noticed the french on the bottle before i saw the big "Imported") My guess is they fell behind on the ones bottled for JA and kept some of the others for local use. Wondering if this happens every busy season?

User Info Menu

Nice pics
    Missing Jamaica

User Info Menu

I always stay at Hidden Paradise, so you must be following my foot prints from Café Goa to Yellow Bird then to Alfred's. LOL. In the picture from Yellow Bird you can see the license plate I brought from Nebraska this past year. It was cool to find out the owner of Yellow Bird is from Lincoln, NE. Can't wait until next February 2015 to see all my friends again.

User Info Menu

2nuts,thanks for the reply,that does make sense now,for a moment I thought they were importing some stripes and as all we can get in the states now are brewed in Latrobe I was thinking a might have to start a riot or something haha,looking forward to some real stripes end of May,soon come!

User Info Menu

2Nutz ~ great pictures! That is the exact same thing we encountered and heard about the "Imported" Red Stripe bottles.

[/url]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse View Post
    I always stay at Hidden Paradise, so you must be following my foot prints from Café Goa to Yellow Bird then to Alfred's. LOL. In the picture from Yellow Bird you can see the license plate I brought from Nebraska this past year. It was cool to find out the owner of Yellow Bird is from Lincoln, NE. Can't wait until next February 2015 to see all my friends again.
    That makes sense - they had a LOT of Nebraska stuff hanging I love that little bar - it's a great spot!