Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: It is easy for someone to take your prepaid minutes on digicel

User Info Menu

It is easy for someone to take your prepaid minutes on digicel

then again, it is also easy to gift them as well.

http://www.digiceljamaica.com/en/ser...it-u-credit-me

But dont let someone you dont know use your phone. They can easily take your minutes.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Re: It is easy for someone to take your prepaid minutes on digicel

If I get caught stealing your time,,,do I have to go to jail to do time ????? It's hard out here for a Pimp...

User Info Menu

Haha. No Fred. They're still trying to crack the case of the missing daiquiries at the Ai though.
    Last edited by Flipadelphia26; 04-14-2014 at 07:51 PM.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flipadelphia26 View Post
    then again, it is also easy to gift them as well.

http://www.digiceljamaica.com/en/ser...it-u-credit-me

But dont let someone you dont know use your phone. They can easily take your minutes.
    If you let someone use your phone, dial the number for them and keep them in sight. That eliminates any chance of your phone credit or phone disappearing...

And for those not reading the link, it is a two part phone dial session that needs to take place. The first is a long series of numbers - then you send it. Then you wait for the reply from the phone company. And then you have to dial again a shorter series of numbers to approve it.

To the eye, the first series of numbers is longer than any long distance call you could make. The second series of numbers is not even enough numbers to even dial a local call. So both should be easily noticeable.

For anyone familiar with a phone, this is an obvious unnatural way to dial a simple phone number.

And someone you know can take your phone credit just as easy as someone you dont know. Just keep an eye on them if you didnt dial the number for them.

At the airport the other day, a woman stranger needed to locate her friend. She asked to use my phone. I dialed the number and stood arms length away until she spotted her friend. Not everyone you dont know is a thief, but as always, use your head...

It is a rather common sense kinda thing...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Indeed it is. Most people here stateside have contracts. So their minutes are not transferable. So an exploit like this might not be as obvious.

User Info Menu

Nice to know! Thanks for the info. I would have never thought that it was possible. Always something new to learn!!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

FYI, don't let a girl working at Scruadub look at your phone either, it can be hard to explain when she calls the next day and your wife answers!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Better the minutes than taking your whole phone. Always best to look on the bright side. Mi soon come.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by poolguywindsor View Post
    FYI, don't let a girl working at Scruadub look at your phone either, it can be hard to explain when she calls the next day and your wife answers!

Guess she liked the moves.

User Info Menu

The same process could also be used to send minutes you won't use or need to another person's phone.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15