Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Breakfast recommendations around Charela Inn

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Breakfast recommendations around Charela Inn

I will get a picture of the new bar later today when I pass it on the way to Rhodes Hall!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Where is Donaldson's in relation to Charela Inn?
    In Loving Memory of William 'Bunny Rugs' Clarke, Lead Singer of Third World:

"There's a land not so far away/Where the sun keep shinning all through the day/And this land that we all love/God gave us the wood and the water/Blessed by the moon and stars above/Sweet, sweet Jamaica/Beautiful Jamaica/Everyday feels like a holiday/Sweet reggae music playing/From Negril to Morant Bay/Sweet, sweet Jamaica/Oh Jamaica/Irie, irie, irie Jamaica/Sweet Jamaica our land we love"

User Info Menu

Try the honeybutter french toast at Country Country!
    "Not all those who wander are lost"
    J.R.R Tolkien

User Info Menu

Dear Boardies
    I'm overwhelmed with the responses!
    Thank you all for your suggestions in particular for the Charela which I have now decided I will try out as a treat whilst we are there.
    Mo Glenn you're are right I will try to wing it with Sandals, after all we did spend 3 weeks on Honeymoon there and my eldest has just informed about his new Girlfriend !!!
    cheers
    Kieron
    Last edited by hughjarse; 04-19-2014 at 06:33 AM.

User Info Menu

This past trip, we just bought bread and fruit from the vendors in the morning. We really didn't like eating breakfast at a restaurant, and missing the best part of the day on the beach. The previous years, we ate at CocoLaPalm for breakfast, other than once at Alfred's. Alfred's prices are much more reasonable. We aren't coffee drinkers, but I've heard Cafe Goa has very good coffee.

User Info Menu

We generally like to walk for a bit to Cafe Goa because that is our favorite. Coffee and "Angry" Bloody Mary's are great, and the Ackee can't be beat IMHO.

User Info Menu

the last 3-4 days of our 10 day beach stay we ate only @ Charela.
    Name:  IMG_1012.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  96.3 KB
    It was the only place that we didn't have to ask 3-4 times foe coffee, cream, sugar,water,etc.
    The service was excellent and so was the food, eggs perfect. perfect toast & croissants.
    Or worse yet @ one place I asked for my bill 5 times and I finally went to get it myself, and I was told
    it was 15.50. I wanted to pay for it but the other lady said where is your bill, you can't pay for it
    without the paper bill. I threw down a 20.00 and left. I was not waiting for change. Total breakfast time 2 hrs and 55 minutes
    I would eat right where your staying.

User Info Menu

Not really super close to Charela but I would be remiss to not mention my favorite breakfast spot: Alfreds.