Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of bans on jet skis and runaway horses...

User Info Menu

Speaking of bans on jet skis and runaway horses...

When are they gonna tighten up on the working girls? Its really annoying to go see a band play or simply walk down the beach and have to avoid them and their pimps. The worst are the ones that ask if they can walk with you and when you say no thank you, they give you the "what, you don't like locals?" or, "I can't walk, why not?" and then follow you for three blocks hollering at you.

I try to reason and be straight with them:
    Me: "Listen, that's not why I'm here."
    them: "but don't you want company?"
    me: "no, thank you."
    Them: "why, don't you like me?"
    Me: "..."
    Them: "whats a matter, you can't talk to locals? You don't like Jamaicans?"

WTF? That's at least half the time.

anyone have any tips on avoiding this besides just not going out after dark?

User Info Menu

Re: Speaking of bans on jet skis and runaway horses...

beg them a red stripe...
    tell dem ya granny very ill and you need money for medicine...
    or your children are hungry...
    try to sell them a tour...

I know they can be annoying, but there's probably someone in the background making sure that the girls are making every effort to make a sale.

User Info Menu

just say yes, lol.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    just say yes, lol.
    Missing Jamaica

User Info Menu

I just tell them that my beautiful Jamaican wife is back at the hotel and would come after both of us with a cutlass, so no thank you
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Develop a phrase for yourself that first offers a compliment and then makes it clear you know your own mind. Communicate and then direct your attention firmly where you want to be and don't have any more conversation with them. Reasoning won't work, they are testing your surface for an opening that will guide them to your Yes. Be very firm in your NO and don't wait for them to agree with it.

User Info Menu

The young ones convey a level of sincerity (faux though it may be) that really sort of breaks your heart.

User Info Menu

It breaks my heart more to watch people buy their services....it wouldn't be offered if someone wasn't buying!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    It breaks my heart more to watch people buy their services....it wouldn't be offered if someone wasn't buying!
    Exactly.....
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

Supply and demand at it's finest...... Alright maybe not it finest. You can handle it like one does with the drug dealers. Instead of saying you do not smoke, tell them you are impotent.