Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question RE: Fresh juices on the beach

User Info Menu

Question RE: Fresh juices on the beach

We used to buy the fresh juices from Flex and others on the beach. Mango, Orange, Pineapple, all of them went great with some Appleton! Two years ago, however, my fiance got really sick the last two days of our trip and he was confined to the room. Not sure what did it, but it got us thinking about the bottles that the juices are in. How do we know that the bottles are sanitized between uses? We don't, which is why we won't buy anymore. I hate to be like that because the juices are always so good, but the thought of drinking after some random person creeps me out.

Any thoughts? Am I being irrational?

User Info Menu

Re: Question RE: Fresh juices on the beach

You gotta die from something.
    "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."
    -- E. Gary Gygax

User Info Menu

Do you bring your own dishes and glasses? Do you check the water that your vegetables are washed with? Are your vegetables washed? How about the meat ? Is it kept at a controlled temperature? I understand your phobia. I got sick on Tequila once. Can't touch it now.

User Info Menu

yu can buy "TRU Juice" by the jug (variety of fruits) at the supermarket (Hi-Lo) or buy the bags of oranges or grapefruits , cut them in half and squeeze the living daylights out of them to make your own juice. Tru-Juice is quite tasty and making your own citrus juice is quite easy to do

User Info Menu

Geez, I didn't think it was that wrong of a question. I was just wondering what people thought.

I am less worried about the vegetables being washed than I am about some dude with a lip sore chugging out of a bottle, only to have that unwashed bottle refilled with juice that I may buy.

Ackee - thanks for the suggestion!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sher View Post
    Geez, I didn't think it was that wrong of a question. I was just wondering what people thought.

I am less worried about the vegetables being washed than I am about some dude with a lip sore chugging out of a bottle, only to have that unwashed bottle refilled with juice that I may buy.

Ackee - thanks for the suggestion!
    do you turn your bottles back into the juice guy? It was my understanding that they were used liquor bottles. If so, the alcohol disinfects the bottle.

User Info Menu

Also, have you tried the OJ from Shamrock? It's a small store on the beach road and their OJ is liquid crack. Yep, that good.

User Info Menu

Sher, it wasn't a bad question , I myself love the jerk chicken probably eat it everyday im on my trip, and
    at times , have had a small worry, like oh, did it sit out in the sun to long before they cooked it....... sometimes
    you just have to go for it, and enjoy.
    Dash, when I turned 21, ( LONG TIME AGO, ) my friends took me out , and I drank Tequila all night. Haven't
    been able to so much as smell it since, and I was a bartender for ten years !
    Booger, where is this place please with the great juice, do love my screwdrivers

User Info Menu

Jojo,
    It's right by Grand Pineapple on the Morass side. Don't miss it.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the Shamrock tip! The juice guys ask that you return the bottles, so that's why I say you never know who drank out of them before your juice was in there. If the bottles have been filled a few times, I can't imagine there would be any alcohol residue left to kill off anything questionable.