Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going end of July...Is Negril desolate then, and is the heat unbearable?

User Info Menu

Going end of July...Is Negril desolate then, and is the heat unbearable?

Usually make our reach in late March, but this year we are waiting till late July to celebrate out 10 yr anniversary, and cause the rates are a bit better...but, being that all of North America is in full tilt summer, I wonder if anyone would even want to go down since there is no cold to escape from...anyone know what it will be like? I know we will be there for ATI, so that should be interesting

User Info Menu

Re: Going end of July...Is Negril desolate then, and is the heat unbearable?

Interesting? ATI is crazy! The rates are usually high season. Outside ATI the beach is real quiet. The humidity high. Probably like Florida. Great time to discover restaurants and do day trips. I once sat at CCLP on the beach in mid August and not one person walked between me and the water for five minutes. Usually huge T storms every PM for an hour.

User Info Menu

We went down last July and it was hot but not unbearable. The thing that bothered us more was the Mosquitos! Bring lots of spray! We were there the week before ATI and it was pretty empty. I wouldn't hesitate going again in July, kinda liked the peace and quiet. Not too much rain, only had a couple of short afternoon downpours.

User Info Menu

My buddy mike and I are going Aug 1 to 6 and staying at tree house. We went last year at the same time. It was very hot. There was a couple of epic thunder storms though. We had a blast. You wont see too many other tourists. The ones that are there are at the AIs. It's kind of nice.

User Info Menu

We were there last July also. We're from Ontario, so it seemed a lot like home. Very humid, and rain in the afternoon sometimes. Hot at home, hot in Negril.... but there's no ocean at home! There were a few evenings that we watched lightning storms over the ocean. It must have been raining in the distance, but not where we were. It went on for a long time, and was beautiful to watch. So far, we've been to Negril in Feb, July, and October. We havent found a time that we WOULDNT go to Negril. This year, we're trying May.
    Country Country 2001, Sunset at the Palms 2003, Point Village 2004, Couples Negril 2006, Point Village 2007, Country Country 2008, Rooms Negril 2009, Rooms Negril 2010, Treehouse Feb 2011, Breezes Oct 2011, Rooms Negril Feb 2012, Rooms Negril Feb 2013, Grand Lido July 2013, Rooms Feb 2014, Riu Palace Tropical Bay May 2014, Rooms Negril Feb 2015/Treehouse Feb 2015 , Rooms Feb 2016. ....Rooms Feb 2018, Beachcomber May 2018, Beachcomber Dec 2018.... Rooms Feb 2019...Beachcomber Nov 2019.

User Info Menu

And based on the way this year has started May sounds like a great choice! We went last July and like Jody says, it was the same weatherwise but the sea and not being at work - priceless. Happy Anniversary!
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.

User Info Menu

I usually go every July, and I love Negril at that time of the year. The pools are the most warm, and place is very quiet, so there are some amazing deals out there. It's perfect.

User Info Menu

I agree with gerryg123!

User Info Menu

I will be down this July...the last time I visited in July/August was in 2008 (I had been a few times during July) and I remember it being hot...more than April or May...but it wasn't unbearable. I don't know your dates but the 2nd and 3rd weeks I believe will be alot of folks because some hotels were booked solid those weeks.
    http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

It is HOT wouldn't say unbearable ...August is unbearable...but ask me if that stops me