Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going end of July...Is Negril desolate then, and is the heat unbearable?

User Info Menu

Re: Going end of July...Is Negril desolate then, and is the heat unbearable?

Go every year first of August aaaaand yeah its hot, but "I like it like that" a little Gregory Issacs mix!

Its the only time you will see me in the sea? or sea me in the see?
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Going for month of July. Last year went mid-July to mid-August. ATI was not that hot really, just noisy. End of August is nice into September. Never stayed in Negril in the winter only Mo Bay and Ocho Rios in February -- very hot there.

User Info Menu

I always go in July! Just perfect for me: Sun is hot, water is warm, crowds are down, nice, sleepy feel and can get wilder when the groups gather at certain places....

Sponsor

User Info Menu

July is great for the low-key vibe. it is hotter and more humid.
    i have heard but maybe others know: higher numbers of jellyfish?

User Info Menu

From my name you can see I'm from the north, I have been to Negril @15 times the summer is HOT if your not used to it, like in the south during summer. But not crowded at all.

User Info Menu

I go almost every July. In fact, I have been going for about 13 years now and have only been in July- aside from one trip at the very beginning of August. So, I can't speak ar to if it is MORE hot than other months- but will say, we LOVE it in July!

Room prices are down for off season. The beach isn't crowded at all! I love the laid back feel. There were even times where we have the whole place to ourselves! (Nirvana is where I stay.) Yep, it's hot. But there is a nice breeze from the sea to or a quick jump in to cool off!

Only 70 more days! WHOOOT!

User Info Menu

At the end of July when you plan to travel, you will run into dream week. Hotels will be booked out solid, increased tourist activity in the day, but the beach road will be a roadblock at night.
    You may enjoy this and you can pay daily to get into the events if that's your scene.

Weather will be hot and dry, there is always a bit of rain in negril, no matter when you go. Not a lot in July and August . The sea will be beautiful and warm at this time.

User Info Menu

Getting a room during the holiday (Dream Weekend) is not so bad any more besides the whole thing isn't as big as it used to be, some hotels wont rent rooms to the party goers.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

I go 2x a year - January & July & like both dates equally well. I'm from Maryland and some times it's a little cooler in Negril than here, especially with the sea breeze. The beach is much quieter & everything is more laid back. However, the mosquitos are much worse in July, so make sure you prepare for that.

User Info Menu

Outstanding Accommodations-April to November low Summer rates !
    Equal, walking distance to the beach and cliffs-please see a map and photos of the apartments. Fully equipped: AC, hot water, complete kitchen, WiFi.
    Summer rates [April to November]:
    $ 43 / day - 1 week,
    $ 37 / day - 2 weeks,
    $ 32 / day - 3 weeks,
    $ 26 / day - 4 weeks.
    Winter rates :
    $ 57 / day - 1 week,
    $ 50 / day - 2 weeks,
    $ 43 / day - 3 weeks,
    $ 35 / day - 4 weeks,
    All taxes and fees included in the above rates, no daily charges for AC, or hot water, naturally.
    Peaceful, private, secure, stunning view of the Bay.

Last minute : two apartments avail. July, September, October

Please look at the pictures and a map:
    -high lite a line,
    -click R,
    -click on "go to http..."
    Walter,Lidia

http://negrilluxuryapartments.com/
    http://negril.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=31818&d=1386348030[/IMG][/QUOTE]