Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Keith Richards Cover Bob Marley With Musicians Worldwide

User Info Menu

Keith Richards Cover Bob Marley With Musicians Worldwide

User Info Menu

Re: Keith Richards Cover Bob Marley With Musicians Worldwide

Love that. Thanks for sharing it.
    In Loving Memory of William 'Bunny Rugs' Clarke, Lead Singer of Third World:

"There's a land not so far away/Where the sun keep shinning all through the day/And this land that we all love/God gave us the wood and the water/Blessed by the moon and stars above/Sweet, sweet Jamaica/Beautiful Jamaica/Everyday feels like a holiday/Sweet reggae music playing/From Negril to Morant Bay/Sweet, sweet Jamaica/Oh Jamaica/Irie, irie, irie Jamaica/Sweet Jamaica our land we love"

User Info Menu

Freakin awesome idea! Keith does it again

[/url]

User Info Menu

Very cool

User Info Menu

Keith recorded an album (2 now) with a group of nyabinghi drummers in Steertown, Ja just west of Ocho Rios. The first album was nominated for a grammy award. I searched out and met several members of the original group, as well as the widow of the deceased group leader "Bongo" Locksey Whitlock a couple of years ago. I inquired as to how the royalties were doing (everyone looked without means to me) they all said the same thing "we never received a farthing from Keith". No contracts were presented to the drummers, just promises of payment between "friends". They were all upset that promises had been broken. I helped them out a little, the lady a little more, she was very sweet and showed me her husbands drum with pride. Is Keith a great guy? I'm not so sure.

User Info Menu

Nice, thanks so much!! Loved Keb Mo too!!! He is always perfection!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Amazing!!! It's nice to see Keith back in JA...especially after all the trouble all those years ago when he was locked up. Hope the royalties get sorted for those musicians, I'm sure these things take time.

~ May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand between your toes ~

User Info Menu

Came across this posting while I was looking for something else in this time frame. Keith had done an album long ago.... can't recall the name of it, but it was a solo project. On that album was a song called "Words of Wonder", which has now been released as a celebrity contribution on "Playing for Change - Songs Around the World 3". It IS a great tune, with a great segue into Peter Tosh's "Get Up, Stand Up". About Playing for Change... this is a project that was started in about 2007 by Mark Johnson, who is an award winning music videographer. It all began when Mr. Johnson happened onto the Santa Monica pier and heard a street musician by the name of Roger Ridley performing "Stand by Me". Johnson was immediately stricken with the concept of teaming street and community-based musicians from all over the world, with cuts, dubs and overlays to perform together, without the benefit of ever having met. Furthermore, he would release the music, and begin a foundation with which to build music education programs in some of the most remote corners of the planet. Playing for Change was born, with its first project released in 2009. A second compilation was released a few years ago, and this year, a third cd and dvd of a amazing music was issued. If you want to hear some great reggae (think "War - No More Trouble" by U2's Bono, or Damian Marley singing "Redemption Song" with his father), and other world music, go to www.playingforchange.com . They have a lot of videos posted there, but hey... buy the music... you'll be glad you did!