Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: A "Shiny" new Trip Report!

User Info Menu

Re: A "Shiny" new Trip Report!

Ya Mon!

User Info Menu

You are off to a GREAT START. Lol

User Info Menu

Ready for more
    Missing Jamaica

User Info Menu

Saddle up and ride!

User Info Menu

Good start ,, I am reliving my trip through you groove and Flip.

User Info Menu

Can't wait for the rest!

User Info Menu

Nice start, don't stop, we are hanging on every word.
    That guy in the black shirt spun around and pressed his camera timer, then nonchalantly spun back like nothing happened. "Wasn't me!" Shiny.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the positive feedback so far folks! It helps more than you know!

Quote Originally Posted by bjritz View Post
    Nice start, don't stop, we are hanging on every word.
    That guy in the black shirt spun around and pressed his camera timer, then nonchalantly spun back like nothing happened. "Wasn't me!" Shiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmtripoli@earthlink.net View Post
    Yay! Love it - is it LEGAL to take pictures in the Immigration area??? LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by 2nutz4travel View Post
    You should've got a picture of the sign that says no pictures lol
    Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Nope, I wouldn't do it in the US especially. I hope Big Shiny doesn't break any more laws while in a Jamaica. On with the show!!!!
    Yes, Julie already yelled at me for doing that. But I just couldn't resist. I was pretty carful about it though. I don't think anyone noticed......untill I post it on the internet anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    I can't wait to read this one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You SURE about that? Hehe!

Quote Originally Posted by groove16 View Post
    maybe next time we can try a combo trip report, all of our crap in one thread....lol
    It would be an honor sir! Your reports are the bomb! (you would have to do the pics though)

Anyway......I suppose I got time for another little installment, but don't expect this every day like those other guys.

And The Adventure Continues:

Disclaimer #2.....I guess what I meant by "I suck at writing" was that I can't actually type, (2 fingered pecker) and that I have the computer skills of a 5 year old. In fact, I've only just recently learned the difference between your and you're. (jk) So, please bare with me if the posts are too slow and full of errors. Thanks!

So, this trip we decided to take the mountain way into Negril from the airport. The Anchovy road I believe it's called by the locals. We don't go that way very often but we had a couple of stops along the way that we wanted to make so.....off we go right? Not so fast.

Our driver greets us in the usual hugs and fist bumps manner. It's always great to see our good friend Sparrow smiling at us when we walk outside the doors. He has become a true friend over the years and.....even though we "pay" him for his service, I think he feels the same way we do. He is definitely one of the good ones!

Well, this time he has a strange look on his face and he keeps looking towards the bar area. I ask him wa gwan? He looks strangely at me for a second and says, I think you might have one more person coming along with you if that's ok? I say well.....ok, sure, whatever you got going on, thinking it's probably a relative or maybe some girl he likes.

It turns out that before he left Negril to come and get us, a gal who was staying at our usual resort had asked him if she could ride along with him to the airport. Since this isn't really very customary, he explains to her that the vehicle will be full and he doesn't think that there will be enough room to bring her back. So she says, "that's ok, you can just leave me at the airport then". WHAT???

Turns out the whole thing worked out fine and we ended up having a great commute. There is a bit more to that story however and I will share it when the time comes. That's another thing we love about our trips to the island......nothing we do there is really ever the same. For any first timers reading this, one thing I always tell newbies is......Expect the unexpected!

We stopped at Border Jerk on the way and really enjoyed it. The jerk chicken was cooked to perfection and the cow skin soup was excellent.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1595
Size:  98.1 KB

Views: 1691
Size:  93.6 KB

Brother G getting himself some jerk. Man it was Goooooooood!
Views: 1681
Size:  86.3 KB

Up next......Mass confusion at the bar.
    "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."
    -- E. Gary Gygax

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BIG SHINY n Mango View Post
    Disclaimer #2.....I guess what I meant by "I suck at writing" was that I can't actually type, (2 fingered pecker) and that I have the computer skills of a 5 year old. In fact, I've only just recently learned the difference between your and you're. (jk) So, please bare with me if the posts are too slow and full of errors. Thanks!
    This report is great and fun to play with: "I guess what I meant by "I suck...2 fingered pecker" - guess you had to be there!
    Border Jerk sounds so good, have to go next time. Skin soup? Wah?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bjritz View Post
    This report is great and fun to play with: "I guess what I meant by "I suck...2 fingered pecker" - guess you had to be there!
    Border Jerk sounds so good, have to go next time. Skin soup? Wah?
    Cow skin soup is a Caribbean thing in general, not exclusive of Jamaica. It's exactly as it sounds, I'm not a fan.