Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: A "Shiny" new Trip Report!

User Info Menu

Re: A "Shiny" new Trip Report!

Great start Big Shinny...and yes, Sparrow is more like family than just a driver. Looking forward to more of the story....

User Info Menu

Awesome report!.. Waiting patiently!

User Info Menu

Well I think you're doing great and can't wait for more. Thanks BigShiny
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

This is great. Keep going. Cow Skin Soup!!!!! Never heard of it nor will I ever try it.
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

TAP,,,,,,,,TAP,,,,,,,,,Tap<<<<going to get some popcorn for the bar part.
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone! The positive vibrations are what keeps me "pecking" away at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Mon ! View Post
    Good start ,, I am reliving my trip through you groove and Flip.
    Yes Roy, I was going to try to catch up to those guys but I don't think that's gonna happen. They must have desk jobs because they post like....3 times a day (your part in this play is coming up though)

Quote Originally Posted by indybob View Post
    Great start Big Shinny...and yes, Sparrow is more like family than just a driver. Looking forward to more of the story....
    WOW!!! Did I drag indybob away from the track long enough to get a reply on here? Awesome! For those that don't know, Bob and Cindy are our usual neighbors at CW and were actually the ones who told us about this board. (with help from some longtime lurkers Russ and Subrina, hope you guys are well!) We really missed them this trip. Good to see you on here Robert! (a reply from R+S would really blow my mind)

Lost In Translation:

So, before we left Border Jerk we wanted to grab a couple of cold drinks from the bar and that transaction went a little something like this:

Us: Can we get a couple of drinks for the road?

Barkeep: Sure....we have beer or soda.

Us: What? You don't make mixed drinks? (we could see a couple of bottles behind the bar, in particular, vodka)

Barkeep: No, we don't sell mixed drinks.

Us: Why do you have booze behind the bar then?

Barkeep: Well, because we sell shots.

Us: Wait.....you sell shots but you don't sell mixed drinks?

BK: Yes mon!

Us: So let me see if I got this, we can buy juice and a shot of vodka?

BK: Yes mon!

Us: And you can give us a glass of ice cubes with that?

BK: Sure I can.

Me: Well then, I hate to tell you this but......if that's the case, you DO sell mixed drinks!

BK: No mon! We no sell mix jink! (at this point I have her thoroughly confused and I decide to just let it go)

Me: Ok then, we will take a bottle of OJ, 4 shots of vodka, and 2 plastic cups of ice cubes please. I said thank you very much and slapped down a fat tip for the trouble. We got smiles from all around the bar as we mixed our own drinks and then, off we go with our mixed drinks that they apparently don't sell.

Have I mentioned how much I love Jamaica?!?

I forgot one.....anyone else have a permanent "going to Jamaica" pile in their house somewhere?
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1148
Size:  87.8 KB

So we made our way through the inland route and enjoyed the ride very much. It is definitely a nice change of views and if I would have been thinking instead of drinking I would have had my camera out and snapped a few "shots". Oh well, not remembering to take photos will be a common reoccurrence during this report.

If you go to Negril a lot and have never taken the inland route, give it a try sometime. It doesn't take that much longer (20 minutes or so) and the change of scenery will be a nice treat for you. We made a stop in Sav and hit Lucky Tree Pastry for a snack. Then before you know it we are approaching the Westend.

We were pretty excited to be staying somewhere different for a few days this trip and the cliffs didn't disappoint.

Next up........We "take off" for the cliffs!

Sorry, I'm still trying to figure out how to post these in the correct order.
    The princess at the Border bar
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."
    -- E. Gary Gygax

User Info Menu

Ah, yes the "going to Jamaica" pile ~ it's a little different than the "going to Crivitz" pile ~~ but, we have one!!!

Looking forward to more of your report ~~
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

Crivitz pile?
    I just laughed so hard I almost spit my beer out!

Oh, and I did just find 1 pic on the way in so here it is.
    I think I liked the lichen growing on the current lines.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1067
Size:  92.6 KB
    "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."
    -- E. Gary Gygax

User Info Menu

Yes. Desk job here. Good start

User Info Menu

"WOW!!! Did I drag indybob away from the track long enough to get a reply on here? Awesome! For those that don't know, Bob and Cindy are our usual neighbors at CW and were actually the ones who told us about this board. (with help from some longtime lurkers Russ and Subrina, hope you guys are well!) We really missed them this trip. Good to see you on here Robert! (a reply from R+S would really blow my mind)"

small world, and Cindy is Tizzy's Mom