Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: First time Negril Trip report

User Info Menu

Re: First time Negril Trip report

Loving this report. Keep it up.

User Info Menu

This is great stuff! Some real interesting prospective man.
    Gone in on a pair of flip-flops? Freeking hilarious!!!
    "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."
    -- E. Gary Gygax

User Info Menu

Nice report! Always good to see Negril thru fresh eyes....

Happy Travels,

Skb

User Info Menu

Select,
    Nice one, keep up the good work!! I will watch out for you next monday when I arrive thats if you have not already left
    Cheers
    Hugh

User Info Menu

Full Day 2 (cont.)

After leaving the Corner Bar, we headed back down to Burbon Beach to meet up with Bernard. He showed up around 9pm and told us that the live music that night was at Alfred's.

They had advertised a party there during the day over a megaphone from a guy walking along the beach and handed out little post cards. I saved the post card each day. The megaphone guys were funny, and many of them would use the same catch phrase, shouting, "Ah Ha, Ah Ha. It's going to be HAWT!" in a high pitched voice. Bernard told me that they were mimicking a famous Jamaican DJ who had made the phrase popular but was recently sentenced to serving a life sentence in jail.

Anyways, I don't remember Alfred's at all, which is probably less a statement about the place a more a statement about my state of mind at the time. At about 11pm, though, Bernard let us know that it was late enough for us to go to Las Vegas now. So, off we went.

During this time, Bernard told me that there are usually two prices for everything, the local price and the tourist price. he told me that if I gave him the money to buy the rounds, taxi's etc... he would generally be able to get a better price than me, and he would always tell me what the actual price was, and that he wouldn't skim off the top. I was skeptical, but over them course of the week he proved himself time and time again, often paying about half of what I would have paid.

Once we got to Las Vegas, it was apparent that there was a party there too. We walked in, and the place was packed. Unfortunately, the DJ there was terrible. Not only did he scream into the mic the whole time so you couldn't hear the music, but his mic was up way way WAY too loud, so no one in the place could hear each other, even when screaming directly into one another's ears. To make matters worse, for some reason, they decided not to open the upstairs that night, I guess because of the party downstairs. That's the part we really wanted to see, so we only hung around for an hour or so, and then went back to Burbon Beach, where they still had live music at a much more reasonable volume, lol.

We had a few more beers and called it a night.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hughjarse View Post
    Select,
    Nice one, keep up the good work!! I will watch out for you next monday when I arrive thats if you have not already left
    Cheers
    Hugh
    Thanks, but yeah, we're already home. The plan is to visit again next spring break.

User Info Menu

Great stuff! Keep it coming!

Delroy at Mi Yard is top notch!

User Info Menu

Day 3

This day caught up with us a bit, and we ended up sleeping in a little more. We were still up before the afternoon shower, though. We went to the beach for a bit, but it was pretty overcast, as you can see.

It also ended up lightly sprinkling for a good part of the day, so we had to find other things to aumuse us. Here's one of my wife playing with her coconuts.

We ended up doing a little shopping on the beach, and at times square. I really liked the coconut jewelry, and we bought some bracelets and earrings. We ended up taking a couple of hours for a nap.

We woke about an hour before sunset, and had to scramble a bit to meet my sister and husband and get up to the cliffs for dinner. After going to Three Dives, which is right next door, for dinner the night before, I really wanted to check out Xtabi.

Xtabi is more of a traditional sit down restaurant, while 3 dives is more of a take out with picnic tables. The patio/deck area a Xtabi was fantastic, and they had steps down into the caves that was really awesome. The Xtabi also has a large indoor round bar and really nice ambiance. A little more pricey, but still a little less than Kuyaba, especially drinks.

My wife overlooking the cliffs at Xtabi

Patio seating

After dinner, we stopped a Corner Bar for a game of pool, then headed back down to the beach. We met up with Bernard around 10, had a drink or two, then tried a second attempt at Las Vegas.

Next Installment.... our night at the Las Vegas strip club.

User Info Menu

Great job reporting , keeper going !!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by select View Post
    My wife an supposedly the son of one of the guys in the reggae band Culture.
    That's either Kenyatta Hill or a look-alike. Had the pleasure of meeting him last summer when he played a local show.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15