Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Places to stay in Port Antonio

User Info Menu

Places to stay in Port Antonio

Planning a trip to Port Antonio in september. Any suggestions on where to stay. Last time i was there was in 1969. Need a pool and a safe friendly relaxed place. No AI and not too pricey

User Info Menu

Re: Places to stay in Port Antonio

probably going to be pricey...best bet is a house on the water...

User Info Menu

there are a variety of properties at a reasonable rate . . . depending where you want to stay . . . price point?

User Info Menu

Demontevin Lodge right near the center of town seemed really nice and in hindsight I wish we would have stayed there. We toured it and it's a historical property run as sort of a B&B 3 years ago the price was $79 US. It doesn't have AC. We ended up staying at the Jamaica Palace which is a beautiful property closer to The Blue Lagoon, and Frenchman's Reef. Much pricier at $175 per night.

User Info Menu

Just had a close friend return from a stay at Hotel Jamaican Colors http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...h_Jamaica.html

Nice pool, nice view, quiet and a bargain at @ $70-$75 US per night including the taxes.

Hope this helps.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

bill, jamaican colors is close to manchoneal, past long bay . . .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    bill, jamaican colors is close to manchoneal, past long bay . . .
    Hi Jitters,

Yes, I know it is. As a matter of fact, I no longer like staying in Port Antonio proper (at least at the lower priced places I have used). As I think I told you, I was once robbed by a break in just off the main street. When I go now, I stay outside of town. I think that is a good recommendation for people who have never visited Port Antonio before.

I love the area. Just my personal opinion.

Peace and Guidance

Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

In 2001 we stayed at Goblin Hill Villas outside of town. A short walk to Frenchman's cove (beach) and the Blue Lagoon.
    At that time there was not a large taxi network as in Negril. We felt that without a car we were somewhat isolated.
    The villa came with a cook...a very good one at that.

Checked Trip Advisor and they are still in operation.

The Villas:

Name:  DSCN0027.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  97.6 KB

The Pool:

Name:  DSCN0025.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  100.2 KB

The Blue Lagoon:

Name:  DSCN0014.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  97.6 KB

Frenchman's Cove:

Name:  DSCN0018.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  96.3 KB

User Info Menu

Tim Bamboo and Ivanhoe Guest House are both in town and good options. I have stayed at Ivanhoe and toured Tim Bamboo, both are priced well with Ivanhoe probably a little cheaper.

Match Resort - Dolphin Bay area(have toured)

Bayview Villa Anchovey area (have stayed)

I posted reviews on tripadvisor for the properties I have stayed at and have photos there as well.

There are a few guest houses in the area as well some even with a/c if interested let me know and I will post phone numbers as there is no website etc

Love Portland any questions let me know.

User Info Menu

I think Fern Hill is still closed or I'd suggest that.

Needing a pool narrows it down a bit - Goblin on the higher end, Jamaican Colors I have also heard good things about.

Air BnB has a few places with a pool, one very inexpensive 15 mins from PA, the others more $ (Mockingbird Hill, for instance)