Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Country Country.....Fire?

User Info Menu

Re: Country Country.....Fire?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGurl View Post
    This makes me so very sad! Had the best banana pancakes there last Saturday, the day before the fire. We stayed in the first cottage to the right of the bar/restaurant. That would have been too close for comfort! I am happy to hear no one was hurt, but it makes me sad for the servers & cooks who are now without a job...
    Glad you got to enjoy what was. The new restaurant will be open any day though so the cooks and servers won't be out much.

User Info Menu

The new restaurant is open and in full swing. All staff are working hard at putting this behind them.

User Info Menu

I had heard that Monique was no longer working there. This was before the fire. The upstairs room directly behind the restaurant has been our favorite. I hope it is intact. Such a shame. Any update on cause of fire?

User Info Menu

Really is Monique gone???

User Info Menu

She was there when I was there! Absolutely. Hugged her and had a long conversation. That was after the fire, 1 month ago when we left Negril.
    Last edited by Jamdiva; 08-22-2014 at 08:32 PM. Reason: to add timeframe

User Info Menu

Does any one know what's up with Country Country. Some really bad reviews on TA. I know change is good but doesn't sound like the Country Country is going to have that charm that it is know for and that is why we were going to stay there(
    Rosalie
    Once u go u know

User Info Menu

Saw the same thing. We are staying there for the first time and saw the bad reviews.

User Info Menu

Our first time there also we can just hope for the best
    Rosalie
    Once u go u know

User Info Menu

I doubt that it's changed that much other than the bar that's gone. There may be some reviewers that are new to Negril and even non AI due to their last Groupon. I've seen some recent pics on Facebook and it looks lovely. No worries!

User Info Menu

Irie thanks soo much can't wait