Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: around & about Port Antonio

User Info Menu

It is my wish to get over there one day. )

User Info Menu

Name:  folly hill 2.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  96.4 KB

Name:  folly hill 1.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  94.2 KB

Setting up for the Jerk Festival is 24-hour progress. Vendors, electricians, plumbers, musicians, security personnel and construction workers labor all night long getting ready for the big day. The organization of this huge event was amazing. I walked the grounds watching chefs assemble their jerk pits and light the holding grill barrels. Trucks, cars and push carts streamed onto the grounds bringing everything from port-a-pots to lumber.

I appreciated the sinks that were in place throughout the yard to wash our jerk covered fingers.

Name:  fest set 5.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  84.2 KB

Name:  fest set 4.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  61.8 KB

User Info Menu

Lovely! Folly Mansion is really neat. Is that the place from the end of The Mighty Quinn?
    Your photos are getting me really looking forward to our trip to PA in January. Thanks!

User Info Menu

jeannieb, if this is your first visit to Port Antonio, it will not be your last. You will see via my pictures how this place has my heart and soul. Please feel free to ask my any questions about PA. I'll me happy to answer whatever I can.

Yes, the helicopter scene at the end of the movie was filmed there. In fact, most of the film was shot in Port Antonio and one shot in Oracabessa.

Now that I know you will be going soon, I'll post photos with you in mind....

User Info Menu

This is my very first towel sculpture. Don’t you just love it!!! I know I did. I didn’t want to take it apart, but I wanted more so I unraveled it before leaving the room each day. I wrote a note saying how much I loved the swan and the housekeeper showed off her towel creation skills the rest of my stay.

Name:  towel.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  90.5 KB

User Info Menu

Name:  scene 3.4.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  101.0 KB

Name:  scene 3.1.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  98.3 KB

Name:  scene 3.2.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  95.8 KB

Name:  scene 3.3.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  100.2 KB

User Info Menu

Piminto…allspice. Ripped from the tree, quickly crumpled thus cracking the leaves, this vegetation was placed in my hands with instructions to cup it close to my nose and inhale deeply.

mmmmmmmmmmmm what an absolutely delicious fresh aroma. I wanted pumpkin pie after smelling those leaves.

Name:  piminto aka allspice.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  80.9 KB

User Info Menu

Name:  norsept view.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  93.0 KB

Name:  bayview villa.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  96.3 KB

User Info Menu

Blue Lagoon

Name:  blue lagoon.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  97.1 KB

User Info Menu

Where did you stay vi? Did you have a car or use a driver? Were you travelling alone?

I would love to try a visit to PA but I am still trying to work out some logistics.