Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fun Holiday

User Info Menu

Fun Holiday

Hubby and I are staying at Fun Holiday Feb 11th - Feb 25th, just wondering what to expect, worry more about the food , please give me some input , CHEERS

User Info Menu

Re: Fun Holiday

i know there is big sausage available at Rooms, soon come

User Info Menu

Ya no doubt there is ,see you soon , cheers

User Info Menu

Don, Deb,
    Tina and I have stayed at Fun Holiday a few times.. The food is good.. Not great - but you can't expect great at the prices at Fun Holiday! Wayne is good chef - he does very well with what he has to work with - there was always something good for us to eat.. Breakfasts were exceptionally good... Unfortunately, I believe Robert (the Jerk Chicken man) is gone - He was outstanding! You will get basic, good Jamaican/American/English fare.. decent drinks, and a GREAT beach and solid room.. We were not disappointed..
    The Earth is the Lord's and everything in it!

User Info Menu

Don and Deb. I just stayed a week there last week. I went in knowing that for the $60 a night I paid I was not expecting much but a clean room,AC, and WIFI. What I got was none of those. I was in a room half way between office and pool 2nd floor. The ants were insane and we kept no food in room. When i went to front desk about it on arrival night a man came out and gave me a can of ant spray and told me not to spray much if we were going to be sleeping in there as it was toxic. Then about 1 hour later when teh office was closing I stopped in to tell them I had no AC. Same man came in and at first said i had set it to sleep mode and that why not working. He got it to start moving the blade. While in the room I then asked him how to get wifi because none of our devices would receive it. He had no answer except go sit by office or restaurant. After 3 more visits about the AC I stayed a total of 5 nights with no AC or WIFI and swore to never do so again. The front gate security was awesome and even a little over bearing when we left property in regards to our safety. The other way around however I was displeased. On Thursday when Jungle closed a whole line of folks crossed over and continued at our property without any question at gate. I went in knowing it was cheap and basic. I had hoped for hot water but we never did have that either but that was OK considering the average temp of room was 90 F at all times cold showers were necessary. They did have me pay in full upfront also or we would have left after day 2. July and no AC or fans is crazy.

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

I will share canned cheese and crackers with you two anyday......

User Info Menu

That is horrible Shelly! My experience with Fun Holiday is about 5 years old. We were in room 30 something, ground floor halfway between office and restaurant. AC was perfect, fridge in the room and very clean. No bugs and cleaning staff were great. We didn't eat there that I can recall- but drinks were ok and it was nice. We paid 50.00 a night I believe and it was in July as well. I don't remember security at all... I am shocked you were given a can of ant spray! Sad to hear your stay was that way. You are right, 90 degree temps you can't sleep! Are they under new management?

User Info Menu

Hello & Irie

I have stayed there twice and knew what I was getting,Fun Holiday is a 2 star hotel with a great beach location, rooms are just that....ok. Our room was always clean and the maid service was very good. ac worked well. 1st time we were on the 2nd floor about mid point of hotel wi fi was weak and room just ok. 2nd reach we were on ground floor opposite side of office & about mid point. Room had no problems nicer than the other side of hotel & newer, same maid (excellent) enjoyed ourselves once again, wi fi still not so good. Price of hotel was cheap and food was pretty good, booze not so good most drinks not available for AI quests but lots of choices for walk ins off the beach with cash ??? We are not big drinkers so it was not a deal breaker for us. If you have problems look for the owner as the staff can only do so much. As for staff they constantly change but are usually pretty good and attentive to your needs. I would return to FHBR as I had no real issues and enjoyed our stay each time. If your looking to be pampered and tons of choices go to a four or five star hotel if you want a truly Jamaican style hotel & experience this hotel is the real deal.

hope this helps...Irie Andy
    Last edited by irie andy; 07-15-2014 at 12:50 PM.

User Info Menu

FH has a great location on the beach, close to most night spots. My stay a few years ago was comfortable, food ok, breakfast the best, but with so many food choices close by, not really an issue. also I'm not a big drinker so drinks ok..i think beer was on tap...remember folks grumbling about that. No problems with fan, very pleasant staff! For the price, a very good deal!

User Info Menu

Thanks Sweetie your a doll , see you in February