Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jet skis soon come

User Info Menu

Re: Jet skis soon come

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Gail, the Last paragraph in this article is of interest to you: http://www.eturbonews.com/48094/jama...lifted-july-18
    Just read this, and now I'm more confused than ever....

User Info Menu

I live middle of the east coast on the eastern shore of va. I have several very popular beaches within anywhere from a 5 minute drive to a hour away including assateague island, virginia beach, and ocean city. All of the beaches mentioned above are tourist destinations and get very crowded and are very noisy. From the jet/rocket boats just offshore to the constant planes flying overhead with the banners. Heck if you go virginia beach you even have the military jets screaming over your head every hour on the hour as there are several military bases in the area, but despite this the beach was rated in the top 10 best beaches in the US by tripadvisor. Noise at the beach i am use to so i dont really mind the jet skis, to me they are no more annoying or louder then the constant hagglers yelling at you to buy something. My main concern is the same concern i had with the damn horses running up and down the beach on my last reach...safety. I in all my trips to negril have always said the same thing, there may be rules and regulation in place but nobody follows them because there is nobody to enforce them. Just look at the new sidewalks, seem more like parking spaces then an area to walk, already turning black in places from tire marks. If jet skis are brought back (and it seems inevitable), then enforcement is whats needed. You operate without a license your jet ski is confiscated, you speed or ride up the beach in a unapproved area you lose you jet ski and your license, you hurt somebody by not following the rules you lose your jet ski, your license, and your freedom. If the powers that be really want a change just dont make more rules nobody is going to follow, put in some funding for a few officers to walk the beach to enforce the law and make the penalties severe.

User Info Menu

And i forgot, do something about the damn horses who at time seem to run loose....it is only a matter of time before somebody gets seriously hurt.....respect onthecorner

User Info Menu

Yesssssss!!!! We will be ready to ride the jet skis next month! So glad they are back....looking forward to some wave action and feeling the breeze blowing by!

User Info Menu

"f. PWCs must observe the collision (at sea) regulations"

Are you kidding me?
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Love your second ticker cap.

User Info Menu

My understanding from another site, is the ban is only being lifted for private use, not commercial. Sorry, Oxford, unless you own your own...no jet ski.

User Info Menu

Sorry Barb....come on down and smell my exhaust....lmao!!

User Info Menu

And, I own two of them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by onthecorner View Post
    And i forgot, do something about the damn horses who at time seem to run loose....it is only a matter of time before somebody gets seriously hurt.....respect onthecorner
    Amen !! Wish tourists would not ride them, law of supply and demand