Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jet skis soon come

User Info Menu

Re: Jet skis soon come

You own 2 in Negril?? Hmm...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flipadelphia26 View Post
    Love your second ticker cap.

Yes I...Friday night EAGLES and Sat morning head for Jamaica and Spring Garden

Cap
    Last edited by captaind; 07-18-2014 at 06:53 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Going to be on island for the Thanksgiving Day cowboys game.

User Info Menu

As a deep west person and a beach visitor, all I can say is, I don't like and would never use a Jet Ski. I hope that Negril will have enough police/marine authorities to control the smelly, noisy things.

User Info Menu

We really enjoy riding the fun, fast machines. It's one of the highlights of our trip. I just hope that everyone rides safe and be very careful about whats in front of you. jet skis are fun!

User Info Menu

Having to choose between jaherring's exhaust and Gail's Zen Paddleboards would be a no brainer. Maybe a Jetski centre at the Negril wharf and extreme limitations on operating distance from shore would be a compromise.

User Info Menu

[COLOR="#800080"]The devil is always in the details.. Like the IRS non-profit "Scandal" where "exclusively" was changed to "primarily". Deception of intent is often masked in language of the rules and regulations. Here is a part of the new rules.
    A launch site refers to an area on the foreshore (a channel between 20 and 40 metres wide) through which PWCs are permitted to leave and return. PWCs will be launched from such sites in accordance with specific guidelines and recommendations which include - the existence of a ramp or other suitable area for the safe launching of the PWC and erection of prescribed signage.

Launch sites will not be established in close proximity to high risk areas such as places where members of the public customarily swim. These include the Blue Lagoon (Portland), licensed beaches, public bathing beaches including in Negril, Montego Bay and Hellshire Beach, where PWC operations will be prohibited.
    A channel 20 to 40 meters wide CAN be opened on Negril Beach if it is NOT in "close proximity" where members of the public customarily swim. But it goes on the state "where PWC operations will be prohibited".

Now, members of the public don't "customarily swim" at the mouth of the Negril River so can it be opened there? Using phrases like "close proximity" and "customarily swim" are only added to confuse the matter.

I think there is a place for the PWC but just not on Negril's Beach.

Just my opinion.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Dash,

That is exactly what is planned for Negril. There is no lift of the ban in Negril.

To all,

This thread seems to becoming a bit "combative" for no reason. The commercial operator ban has not been lifted in Negril, nor most other places on the island. Only the use of your own personal "water craft" from their private residences has been lifted. Personal owners had also been banned from use and their issues have been dealt with - but the commercial ban in Negril and other places will remain in effect as I mentioned months ago until the proper, adequate rules and regulations are in place. To quote a part of the story linked above in case some didnt read it:

"Minister McNeill said “guided by the recommendation of the Task Force, it was determined that the suspension of private PWC operations for licensed PWC users should now be lifted, as adequate measures and regulations have been put in place.” He added that “the owners and operators of private and commercial launch sites will be required to inform the MAJ of these sites to facilitate the effective monitoring of the activities across the island.”

A launch site refers to an area on the foreshore (a channel between 20 and 40 metres wide) through which PWCs are permitted to leave and return. PWCs will be launched from such sites in accordance with specific guidelines and recommendations which include - the existence of a ramp or other suitable area for the safe launching of the PWC and erection of prescribed signage.

Launch sites will not be established in close proximity to high risk areas such as places where members of the public customarily swim. These include the Blue Lagoon (Portland), licensed beaches, public bathing beaches including in Negril, Montego Bay and Hellshire Beach, where PWC operations will be prohibited."
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post
    ...A channel 20 to 40 meters wide CAN be opened on Negril Beach if it is NOT in "close proximity" where members of the public customarily swim. But it goes on the state "where PWC operations will be prohibited".

Now, members of the public don't "customarily swim" at the mouth of the Negril River so can it be opened there? Using phrases like "close proximity" and "customarily swim" are only added to confuse the matter.

I think there is a place for the PWC but just not on Negril's Beach.

Just my opinion.
    Acc,

The "Devil" in this case may be that the details that the Task Force has defined were not stated in exact distances in the article quoted. The journalist could have gone into the Task Force guidelines and found out how they defined "close proximity" and "customarily swim" but apparently chose not to do so, feeling their comments were adequate for the readers.

However, they seem to agree that the "public bathing beaches including in Negril, Montego Bay and Hellshire Beach, where PWC operations will be prohibited." That is a pretty firm detail they outline in their regulations.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I agree with you even though I can't stand jet ski's I know allot of ppl do and the Jamaicans who run them make good money doinfg so