Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Facebook scam... got this today...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Another Facebook scam... got this today...

Since we offer a Facebook connect option here at Negril.com, I felt all of our viewers need to be made aware of several current Facebook scams happening.

The first is the obvious "Butch Stewart" fake "Facebook" page. Needless to say, that is not him. Mr. Stewart created and owns the Sandals Resort chain.

The second happened to me about an hour ago. It has already been reported to Facebook.

A "high school friend" re-friended me. I checked the account before accepting the request and found it a nearly identical to what I remembered their "old" page account to be, using the same photos I remembered and even their current occupation. Since we hadnt spoken since high school, I assumed they had created a new account as some friends have in the past so I accepted it.

Moments later, I got the FB chat below. To give you an idea of the conversation and if you get a similar chat conversation - PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON THE ADDRESS POSTED - that is the criminal's page link on Facebook:

Your Friend's Name
    Hello,how are you
    12:41pm

Rob Graves
    Hi Friend's Name - its been a long time! How are you doing! We are doing great in Negril Jamaica
    12:42pm

Your Friend's Name
    am pretty good and so much excited
    12:42pm

Rob Graves
    Excited? What's up?
    12:43pm

Your Friend's Name
    have you heard about the poker lottery game
    12:44pm

Rob Graves
    nope
    12:44pm

Your Friend's Name
    The poker company with association of Facebook and the Government is having lottery promotion, they use our profile name to enter for the lottery game and our name is among the winners list
    12:46pm

Rob Graves
    Wow! Too cool!
    12:46pm

Your Friend's Name
    I already got $150,000 from the Government, i saw your name on the winners list when my money was delivered to me by the ups men at my door step...did you get your money yet?
    12:48pm

Rob Graves
    Interesting, I will have to check this out more - there are a tremendous number of lottery scams... more happening every day - but of course you know that already....
    12:50pm

Your Friend's Name
    any i think you should contact the Agent in charge now online on his facebook page to know if your name is on their winner's list, did you have his Facebook contact or i should give you now?
    12:51pm

Rob Graves
    Please send it to me!
    12:52pm

Your Friend's Name
    https://www.facebook.com/lotteryclaimingagent35/about
    just click on the link and sent him friend request. Tell him you want to know if your name is still on the winner's list
    12:52pm

Rob Graves
    I will be sure to report this - thanks!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Another Facebook scam... got this today...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    12:41pm

Your Friend's Name
    I already got $150,000 from the Government, i saw your name on the winners list when my money was delivered to me by the ups men at my door step...did you get your money yet?
    12:48pm
    UPS dropped off 150K in cold cash! Man where do I sign up!

I would have though by now Darwin would have taken anybody who believes that out of the universe of possible marks.

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

You mean to say Butch Stewart is not going to make me rich. Damn!
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

yeah I hear ya lol

User Info Menu

The butch Stewart one was funny. This is just ridiculous.

User Info Menu

I dislike cynics ! hehehe

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    UPS dropped off 150K in cold cash! Man where do I sign up!

I would have though by now Darwin would have taken anybody who believes that out of the universe of possible marks.

Cap
    Good one Cap

User Info Menu

Hang on my money is on its way! Bahahaha...
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.

User Info Menu

Rob.. The UPS guy showed up at my door - But I got SO much money already, I sent him on his way!
    The Earth is the Lord's and everything in it!

Sponsor

User Info Menu

I hope no one fell for such ridiculousness!