Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catcha Pisces room

User Info Menu

Catcha Pisces room

Hello-

Looking to see if anyone has stayed or seen the Pisces room at catcha. We are staying on the beach for most of our trip but would like to try out a cliff hotel for the first two nights. We have never stayed on the cliffs. Hubbers is convinced it will not compare to the beach and I would like our first two days on the cliffs to change his mind. ...and mine...since it is on me if we don't care for it...and miss two days of the beach.

Everything else at catcha is booked with the exception of Pisces. Is it set way back in the flora? Does it have an indoor shower? While I like the idea of an outdoor shower, I envision that as an invitation for Mosquitos to suckle on my unprotected skin.

I am sure it comes as no surprise that most places on the cliffs are booked 6 months in advance...

Thanks for any responses.

K

User Info Menu

Re: Catcha Pisces room

We stayed in Pisces about two years ago. We always start our trip on the cliffs for the first couple of days and then move to the beach. The room was a little small, but the porch made up for it. I love Catcha, and would stay in any room there with the exception of Capricorn. You are set back a little, but still have a great view. There is only the outside shower, but I don't remember bugs being a problem. We are beach people, but I've never regretted our first couple of days on the cliffs. It's a whole different vibe, with lots of places to eat/drink around. Enjoy!!!

User Info Menu

Stayed in Pisces last November for 5 nights and really liked the outdoor shower.Only thing we did not care for was the sound of motorcyles going up and down the road all night but if we drank enough we slept through that,lol.Nice little cabin with a partial view of the water from your back deck,depending on how the shrubs etc... have been trimmed and coming out your front door takes you out by the entrance gate and main office.

User Info Menu

Catcha is a good intro to the cliffs.

I loved Pisces!
    As mentioned, it is a little small, but cute & quaint.

It's next to the parking lot, but that wasn't an issue for me.

Awesome shower. You'll prolly never want to shower inside again!!!
    The deck has a beautiful view!
    The good def outweighs the bad & I would stay there again.

If you get out & about....Shark's is not oceanside but wonderful food! (near the store & across from Tensing Pen)
    & the LTU just past Rick's has a nice vibe with good food & drink too.

[/url]

User Info Menu

Never stayed in Pisces but we love the cliffs and Catcha a lot!!!! This last trip we only stayed on the beach and although I love the beach there is a different feeling that hits you when on the cliffs. We went up to Ivan's one night for dinner and got so homesick for Catcha. It is a beautiful property and in my opinion you can't go wrong. The staff is wonderful, wonderful, wonderful and Ivan's is one of the best restaurants in Negril IMHO so you can't go wrong there. And although walking on the road is challenging, it's easy to get around the cliffs, and lots of little shops and restaurants there as well. The one thing about Catcha that you should be aware of, as any place on the cliffs, is the water can get too rough to swim in which is a challenge for those of us who love to be in the water. However, you can arrange to spend the day on the beach and a cheap, short taxi ride away you are there. Enjoy Catcha!!!

User Info Menu

Or just jump in the pool as we did, it's not big but serves the purpose. We are beach dwellers and really prefer the beach, but Catcha is a wonderful property, the food is great and the staff are wonderful. Sooooo relaxing...

User Info Menu

I wish we could have booked Pisces when we stayed at Catcha. It was already booked so we settled for Little Capricorn which was a mistake. We should have opted for a different room. We just didn't enjoy our stay but it wasn't a horrible experience either. The property is beautiful and I would recommend it to some (newlyweds families etc) but we just felt bored there. At that time we had only stayed at BCC and were looking forward to having a bar at the hotel to get the afternoons going and to finish at in the evenings. We were, for the most part, the only ones ever at the bar and when we returned at night, at what we consider an early hour (10-11 PM), the bar was closed\closing . The food and service didn't live up to the hype and everyone just kept to themselves. We didn't pick up on any "vibe" (for lack of a better term). It just seemed "stuffy" to us. The stay there was so uneventful that I didn't even include it in our trip report.

I can see why some would like it and I wouldn't rule out giving it another try. Next time we would certainly have lower expectations and stay in a different room.
    Last edited by Kevin, PA; 07-22-2014 at 02:30 PM.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

I did pisces once an venis once. I preferr venis but for just a coouple of days for your first visit its cool. It is a small room but has a great veranda, the shower is outdoors but there is a glass door when you are not using it. I too am a magnet for biting bugs but did'nt have any more problems there than any where else. Have a great time this cottage is close to the restaraunt and bar so that is a plus also.
    that which does not kill you makes you stronger

User Info Menu

They charge a $30 reservation fee per stay plus one tax. Not bad if you're staying longer, but I reserved one night and when the invoice arrived, there was about $45 added including this fee and tax. I did not find the fee mentioned anywhere on their website, so it was a surprise. On a budget, and was a stretch as is. I questioned the fee and it took days to get a reply (2 separate times). Dragged on and on. They also charged my card immediately without waiting for my confirmation signature (as I was waiting for a reply). When I pointed this out, they apologized and immediately refunded the charge, asking me to resubmit (so I lost $ on the exchange). I guess they weren't interested in my one-night business...I booked elsewhere and am left feeling Catcha's not for me. I guess it's a hot spot, in demand, totally different than booking at their sister hotel, the Gardens, where I booked 3 nights for almost the same price...or Mirage for a great view from every room and willing to give you a deal. The latter two are more my speed.

User Info Menu

Thank you everyone for the response. I would opt for a larger one bedroom were it available, but alas pisces is the only one. I was interested in Tensing Pen as well but they are also booked. Looking forward to trying out the cliffs. I will admit if our hotel at the beach wasn't booked the first two nights, we would be there. But I look at it as an opportunity to try out the west end. It seems that the restaurants in this area get more kudos than those of the beach. Looking forward to the experience!
    I am hoping to book tomorrow. I have already been quoted a total price which includes tax and service charge by my calculation. I will be sure to inquire about any additional fees.