Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crowd funding program for moondance villas

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Crowd funding program for moondance villas

Quote Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
    Hope it doesn't turn into another T-Water...
    Candyman,

Moondance on the beach is for sale. The owner will want to present it in the best light.

T-Water is not for sale. The foreign owners are continuing to pay the land taxes so they technically dont have to do anything to the property.

The foreign owners got into a dispute with the local parish council for doing work without a permit and were told to cease the work in progress. After heated discussions, the foreign owners left the property as it was, put up the required zinc fences and left Jamaica leaving their blight on our beautiful beach to rot and decay. But since they continue to pay the required property taxes, the government's hands are tied. Legal solutions are trying to be found.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Five hundred investors @ $10,000 US each, set up a condominium corp. Twenty units available for fifty weeks per year equates to 1,000 weeks rental availability. Each owner gets one week per year, remaining 500 open weeks rented out to defray operating expenses. What could go wrong?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post
    Five hundred investors @ $10,000 US each, set up a condominium corp. Twenty units available for fifty weeks per year equates to 1,000 weeks rental availability. Each owner gets one week per year, remaining 500 open weeks rented out to defray operating expenses. What could go wrong?
    Name:  decision-making-cartoon.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  59.4 KB
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Lots of good ideas. Accompong sounds like you have an interest. Why don't u step up and write the first check for $10,000

User Info Menu

In the 1980's, the prominent dentist, Dr. Munroe, built 2 blocks of apartments on land he owned. He then sold the apartments as timeshares to raise the cash to build the, then, Poinciana Beach Resort which since became Beaches Sandy Bay and is now Azul Sensatori.

User Info Menu

Oh, the good Ol'Days, Poinciana, Mahogany Inn, nothing on Bloody Bay, I understand evolution but just had a pleasant day dream of "remember when"

User Info Menu

The Mahogany Inn had a little walk up take out counter called ARAWAK FAST FOOD! Too Crazy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    Lots of good ideas. Accompong sounds like you have an interest. Why don't u step up and write the first check for $10,000
    Thanks for the invite "original" spanky (and not any of the spankys who are mere imitations and thus not as pure spanky)

I have money and have already invested it in Jamaica just not Negril. I have an "interest" in Jamaica already.

If you are looking for a fool who would risk his money on something as dubious as a Crowd Funding venture that has little chance (if any) to either come to fruition or eventually become a success, then you can count me out. I have managed to get my expenses in line to be able to live in Jamaica for around $600 US per month every month so this would be out of my wheelhouse of financial expertise.

How about you "original" spanky? Step up to the plate and do a cliff jump into the uncharted ocean!
    Name:  belly-flop.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  3.4 KB

Peace and Guidance

Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Hey - Let's stop breaking the brothers chops.. This is something EVERY one of us has dreamed about.. I would LOVE to have a second home in Negril - a place to retire and finish out this journey of life - and so would all of you.. Dreamers are what make the world go 'round - and dreams become reality - If this solidifies, I would DEFINITELY consider a blessing to be part of it! Just sayin'
    The Earth is the Lord's and everything in it!

User Info Menu

DaRev, there are many places for rent to choose from and the cost can be reasonable. Keep it simple, sidestep the headaches inherent in a business-by-committee, enjoy your time doing what you want to do. Begin now if you can...