Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: heading to negril

User Info Menu

Re: heading to negril

Relax. Negril is for everyone. If I was six years old I would want to: explore the beach looking for treasures washed up on shore. Walk up to the fisherman and ask about his catch. Go out in a glass bottom boat and snorkel on the reef. I would practice in the pool and go out early when it's calm. Take an adventure ride in a boat and visit a pirates cave and an abandoned island. Have a BBQ on the shore. I would ask to go to YS falls and play in the natural pools and watch my 10 yr old sibling shoot down the zip line. I would go visit the parrots at Kuyaba and cross the street to buy souvenirs for my friends back homestead Time Square. I would definitely want to go to the waterpark. Any pool anytime! Bring 3 Chinese lanterns and send them soaring just after dark. Then I would be really tired when mom and dad tuck me in and go out for their dinner. The sitter will have an easy time. Enjoy Gordo They are only young once.

User Info Menu

well said Dash~~ Have BIG FUN~~
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Beaches was our first trip to Negril (for a wedding and our first and last AI trip) and I think you will be very pleased with all the activities they have for your children They have a nice area to wait for the shuttle at the airport and it was a great trip to Negril so I would go with that for the trip. One note - the gate staff did try to discourage us from leaving the resort. We are very glad they didn't convince us as we fell in love with Negril and have been back every year since.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Relax. Negril is for everyone. If I was six years old I would want to: explore the beach looking for treasures washed up on shore. Walk up to the fisherman and ask about his catch. Go out in a glass bottom boat and snorkel on the reef.
    I totally agree! You will have an amazing time in Negril... with or without kids! I believe that having 3 young ones just makes it even more fun and adventurous. "Dash" stated it very well... there's much to explore on the beach, play in the sand (build stuff and bury each other in the sand), then jump into the beautiful water and splash with the waves.

Secondly, you must take them into town (the circle) to see "Juicy" who sells delicious Jamaican-style icies/slushies (shaved ice flavored with freshly homemade juices - they cost 100-150JA =$1.00USD).

Name:  rsz_img_3449.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  99.9 KB

Juicy is located by the bus terminal and police station (you can just ask anyone). If you need a ride anywhere, just call my friend Damion 876-879-9421 who has a very nice, clean, safe, licensed SUV. He will take you back and forth around town with no hassle... or even on tours.

Name:  rsz_img_3450.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  96.5 KB

Last but certainly not least, kids absolutely LOVE going out on the glass bottom boat! And, of course, we do suggest SUNBABY for the most exciting adventure! Not only will they enjoy riding to the reef, but Captain Roger will take them on a personal, guided underwater tour where they will see so much beautiful sea life.

SUNBABY will also take you out for deep sea fishing. The kids would even love an island picnic by Booby Cay where they can watch the fishermen select fish and lobster that's cooked fresh on the grill. You can check out our excellent reviews atwww.SunbabyBoatReviews.com - Contact Captain Roger at 876-485-4023 or shoot us an email at sunbabyboat@gmail.com to book your trip today!

Name:  IMG_3431.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  93.3 KB

We'd love to host you and make this the most memorable trip ever for you and the kid crew!

Name:  IMG_3380.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  100.3 KB

Sunny regards,
    Tanya
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by SUNBABY BOAT; 07-29-2014 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Trying to resize the pic so they are not so HUGE!

User Info Menu

My kids were 5 and 6 when I first took them there..they liked it better then Disneyworld..Kool runnings water park is a good place to take them..if they are open..

User Info Menu

Beaches is right next to Cosmos. It's a great place to sample real Jamaican cuisine. The fried whole fish (escovitch) is the best in Negril IMHO. Just past Cosmos is the public beach and it's not as groomed as the AI's so little treasures of coral, sponge, and shell to find for the kids. If anybody hassles you to buy drugs, just hold up your hand, palm out and wave it gently back and forth gently and say "No thanks. Christian, mon." If you really want a magical experience, charter a driver to take your family to Rockland's Bird Feeding Station (you can see Mobay from there, GOOGLE it and call ahead) and experience hand feeding humming birds. Several other species and a great nature walk. Negotiate all prices before doing anything in Jamaica. It's part of the adventure and the best way to avoid surprises! Off the resort, you'll often hear "Respect, mon." Respect (aka a tip) is how you show your appreciation. Respect --Marblehead
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

well thank you guys so much for your input , we will do the glass bottom boat and take the family deep sea fishing for sure , me and my wife went to montigo bay 3 years ago and loved it and this is why we are coming back with the kids , I will take any other suggestions please

User Info Menu

Many "must do's". You must:

- Eat a patty at Niah's Kitchen in the waves water park on the beach.
    - Sample as many jerk chicken places as possible (assuming you like BBQ chicken). Just a few of the great ones include - 3 Dives, Step-Aside (road side vendor), Eddie's De-Bar (West End) TreeHouse Grille & Best in the West.
    - Spend at least one sunny calm morning or day at Xtabi on the cliffs
    - Have an awesome evening dinner at Ivan's located at Catch a Falling Star on the cliffs.
    - Chill and relax on the beach

User Info Menu

Certain parts of Negril are definitely for everyone....I wouldn't take little kids to Pelican Bar.

I'm sure you'll have a great time, gordo923.

User Info Menu

Is there any amusement park in Negril?