Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: heading to negril

User Info Menu

heading to negril

hey i'm a newbie here , heading to Negril next week with 3 small children next week , have a few questions , and please don't be mad if I ask questions that sound ignorant

1. is it a safe trip from Montigo Bay to Negril?
    2. shuttle bus from resort or private car? and who can you recomend
    3. deep sea fishing , can anyone recommend one in Negril
    4. Pelican Ref Bar in Negril is it proper to bring my 3 kids or no?
    5. anything else to do in Negril with 2 6 year olds and a 10 year old outside resort?

please help

User Info Menu

Re: heading to negril

What resort are you staying at?

The ride from MoBay (Sangster Airpor MBJt) to Negril is safe, do you have a shuttle lined up or is the resort including it?
    When traveling from your resort to areas around town, there will most likely be a Tour Operator working out of the resort to help you
    There really isn't any decent fishing in and around Negril, there is a charter boat at the Pier but I would find other things to do
    Pelican Bar is a long way from Negril, it is down near Treasure Beach/Black River area on the south shore in St Elizabeth Parrish
    The beach and the pool will be what keeps the kids entertained, Lots of sunscreen and keep them hydrated, the Aug. Sun can be intense (Take a can of gatorade in your luggage, just add water and the kids love it)
    Take the kids to see the cliff divers @ Ricks & down to the water park(I can't believe I said that), the caves at Xtabi, out to get some jerk chicken from a street vendor and find some early music on the beach. Have Fun
    Last edited by Packrat; 07-28-2014 at 04:03 PM.

User Info Menu

Good advice Packrat.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

We are staying at the Beeches resort they offer shuttle service too and from the resort but with 3 small children didnt want to have to wait to long for shuttle

User Info Menu

your kids will have plenty to do there, you can make arrangements with the hotel for a nanny for a night and get out on your own for a while. PM captaind, his son Linston can arrange transportation for you

User Info Menu

what about the mosquito's are they as bad as people say ? I heard they really make your joints hurt

User Info Menu

Really?
    gordo, not sure what you are looking for but I can assure you a polite thank you when you ask people take their time to share knowledge is not only appreciated but proper. Good Luck on your trip.

User Info Menu

There is a waterpark in Negril for the kids.
    The trip from Montego Bay to Negril is one of the highlights of a visit to the Island. Very safe.
    It's the tropics. There will be bugs. Mosquitos are not too bad. Use repellent with deet and coils.

User Info Menu

With 3 small children, you had better pack your patience. Not trying to be negative, but Negril is not Disney Land....if waiting for transportation to an all inclusive is a big concern, you may find that Negril is not your cup of tea.....soon come, mi friend!

User Info Menu

And I don't think a trek to Pelican Bar with 3 little ones would be enjoyable or appropriate....the boats are fishing boats---no regulations or flotation devices (at least not when I went).