Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: heading to negril

User Info Menu

Re: heading to negril

Not sure I would take young ones 'deep' sea fishing, if they get bored or seasick that could become a $$$ downer.

Kool Runnings is the water amusement park. Otherwise I'm sure your kids will be thrilled with the beach and sea, and doesn't Beaches Resort have an extensive program of offerings for the kids? You will NOT run short of things for the kids to do, let them enjoy the resort amenities while you and your wife enjoy 'your' time.

I recommend people enjoy a day 'off' at their resort/on the beach between excursions days. Too much running around/logistics management and you might lose sight of vacation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Not sure I would take young ones 'deep' sea fishing, if they get bored or seasick that could become a $$$ downer..
    I took my wife deep sea fishing once. She spent most of the time with her head in a pail yelling for a guy named Ralph. The experience was a total disaster. You might want to re-think the deep sea thing. However, hiring a local to go out in the shallows in a small Jamaican boat could be way cool.

User Info Menu

I would skip the deep sea fishing also I have talked to quite a few who have went with little or no luck. Your kids will love Beaches and they have a small water park there as well. Cosmos has great food. Have a great trip!

User Info Menu

Don't underestimate the blast the kids will have just enjoying the beach, and the water.
    Although Ricks isn't real popular with folks that go to Negril a lot, I would think the kids might want
    to go there to see the amazing divers, and they also have a great pool.
    Be sure to consider a trip to YS falls, a great place to see a different kind of Jamaica, with beautiful
    scenery, waterfalls, and pools. They have a kids menu if you want to have lunch, and
    last but not least, bring peanut butter and jelly, trust me on this.!!!

User Info Menu

Kool Runnings is a water park near Bloody Bay.... find a map... it'll show up...

User Info Menu

Mayfield Falls gets my vote , bring your water shoes and bug spray

User Info Menu

Abeokuta is awesome as well, its a centuries-old spring-fed swimming pool, not too far from Negril, I think they are a sponsor here. Local kids come to swim and hunt for crayfish, a rope swing... it has a deep mid-section and shallower ledge around the perimeter. Drinks and food available, call ahead.