Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Going between Negril & Ocho Rios

User Info Menu

Going between Negril & Ocho Rios

This year we decided to spend the last four days of our stay in a cottage near Ocho. We would like to make the transfer from Negril more than just long hours in a car. Looking for suggestions from fellow travelers who've made this trek or any drivers offering something different.
    Legends BananaShout HardingHall Xtabi NBCC RondellVillage

User Info Menu

Re: Going between Negril & Ocho Rios

Do you mind making a day of it?
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Knutsford express leaves a couple times a day across the street from Times Square. think It,s around 25 bucks one way

User Info Menu

get a private driver and then you can stop anywhere you want.
    that which does not kill you makes you stronger

User Info Menu

Cindy and I decided to splurge and fly from Negril to MoBay a few years back via TimAir. What a ride and what a view. It was only about a 15 minute ride. I can't remember what the cost was but it wasn't overly expensive. I know that they do fly to Ocho. Have fun!

http://www.timair.net

User Info Menu

Put your fishing caps on and troll along the coast the whole way.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

Although I have never taken it, apparently there is a "back road" route to Negril. I'm not sure, but I think it may go into the mountains at some point. Certainly different from the normal coastline route. The road conditions will likely force a slower pace and you'll see scenery that you otherwise wouldn't. Certainly a different adventure.

User Info Menu

You know that the distance is around 110 miles and the road around the coast is a new highway. Why does everyone want to make it like a Lewis and Clark Expedition. The "trek" is only a couple of hours.

Get a friendly driver and kick back and enjoy the drive.

Just my opinion.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.