Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is the most exciting thing you have done Negril?

User Info Menu

Re: What is the most exciting thing you have done Negril?

Met Gregory Isaacs at Bourbon Beach, and Sugar Minott, and Yellowman. Richie Spice, Tarrus Riley at Negril Escape. Luciano at Seastar Inn. Music is Life!

User Info Menu

Having my first Ahhhbeee burger should be exciting. Looking forward to it.

User Info Menu

A bungee jump from a crane basket 120 feet up!

It wasn't my intent. I was dropping off an Air Jamaica magazine with an article in it for the lads running the jump. We had met them at dinner the night before and they all had Bungee Jamaica T's on. The owner (an American friend of my resort owners) and the jump master got into a bet that I wouldn't jump. Next thing I knew, I was 120 feet in the air and hearing "1-2-3 Bungee!" I was leaning out, but couldn't let go. The perspective made it look like I would jump onto the power lines. "Don't look down!" "I don't have a problem looking down. I have a problem letting go!"

I leaned back, took a few deep breathes and reminded myself that they had had 250,000 jumps without an accident. I just leaned out and did a swan dive. It's a big rubber band so you just sort of decelerate. Then you accelerate back up. "Ahhhhhh!!!! I'm gonna hit the basket!" Nope. Just bounce up and down a few times. Then like a phone cord, you start spinning. The ground crew shouted to put my arms out to my sides and I slowed down like a figure skater coming out of a triple jump.

My legs were like rubber as I strolled down the beach with my new "Bungee Jamaica" T-shirt on.

"You did the bungee?" a guy asked. "Yeah, mon!" I said as I continued the walk back to Cosmo's with a much steadier gait and my chest puffed out.
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

Hands down, going to the Boardie Bash week, and meeting peeps from all over, especially some great people from
    Canada that were all quite charming, who knew , LOL
    While I really enjoy hanging and getting to know the locals, being with like minded boardies makes it on so fun.
    Note to Groove 16 : I'm taking advanced Zumba classes to sharpen up my dancing skills, you have been warned!!!!!

User Info Menu

After 2-3 trips I had become friends with the groundskeeper at the Coral seas Garden Hotel

One night he suggested we take a ride to a local out of the way spot.

Another Rasta guy I had met picked us up and we were on our way.

We started out around 8 p.m.

We crossed the bridge, made a few turns here and there and ended up driving down the road smack dab in the middle of a sugar cane field.

I took a look out the back window and it was pitch black!
    The only lights were the cars headlights.
    My heart was racing!
    A good very, very exiting feeling flowed over my entire body.

Soon the road opened up into a clearing and there was a bar/restaurant
    all covered with Christmas tree lights.

Pitch black everywhere except this Bar.
    Green red and yellow little lights twinkling at me!
    It was fantastic!

User Info Menu

One thing that was very cool was filming a video with Jimmy Cliff on the beach many years ago. The song was Reggae Nights. I never saw the video. Was anyone else there that night or has seen the video?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kwhizz View Post
    Having Dinner at Catcha and having this Jamaican guy come over and start talking to us.....I knew he looked familiar, then figured out it was Toots Hibbert.....Great guy....we talked for about 20 minutes and I called my son's phone back home and Toots sang a few songs........Pretty Cool guy........
    WOW.....saw him in concert at the Jungle and at Bourbon Beach. Fantastic performer. Pretty hard to top your experience meeting him in such a casual manner. I'm jealous.

User Info Menu

Not Negril, but I also had the honor of meeting Jimmy Cliff at a seaside bar on Cape Cod some 20 years ago and supplied him with some local veggies.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
    One thing that was very cool was filming a video with Jimmy Cliff on the beach many years ago. The song was Reggae Nights. I never saw the video. Was anyone else there that night or has seen the video?
    I was in Negril and was at BarBBarn when part of the video was filmed in the early 80s.

User Info Menu

since I don't kiss and tell I cannot post the most exciting thing I have done in Negril