Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any of you guys ever bring down a REALLY. Big floatie for the ocean?

User Info Menu

Any of you guys ever bring down a REALLY. Big floatie for the ocean?

We were gonna go with the typical three suitcases, and I got to thinking I want my fins/snorkel, so may as well bring the fourth. Looking at a few of these four - six person rafts (can buy cheap as season is ending), and will leave it, I guess.

Have to see if I can get Timm to help me launch the thing, and have an afternoon of red stripes on the boardie inflatable pirate ship. Everything I mention this to the wife, she says no... But we all know who the boss is.

Someone last year had a four person tube, and it looked like a hella lot of fun.

User Info Menu

Re: Any of you guys ever bring down a REALLY. Big floatie for the ocean?

In Mexico recently and the property only had 8 rooms rented, HUGE pool, one couple brought a party island 10 person float with a cooler built in. They blew it up and left in the pool tied to a rail, one day there were 4 of us in the pool all day by ourselves, had a blast on it. My vote is for you to bring it!

User Info Menu

The party will be on the cliffs on the raft!!!

User Info Menu

I brought down big floats -- one 5 person float and a larger one for about 8 people. I've left mine with the staff at NBCC who have kept it for me over the years. I'm bringing another one down in February as the other 2 are now thrashed.

We've tied it to the swim area rope and kept it out all day and the only issue with that is that at some point during the day, there will be children who want to jump and play on it. Of course this leads to the possibility of your float being damaged.

User Info Menu

Hussyband, a group that was in the long house brought a big party barge a few years ago. It was big enough for about 10 people. It came with a air pump so was pretty easy to blow up and we anchored it in the cove. We used it for 10 days and it was still floating several weeks after we were gone as I know people who used it after we left. I will be glad to help in getting it deployed if you bring it. Would be a blast!

Timm
    Timm

Don't Tread on Me!
    The tree of Liberty needs to be refreshed from time to tim with the "Blood of Tyrants"

User Info Menu

Ok, if you are volunteering to help me launch it, I will pick one up. I saw one that will seat 8 that I liked ( also saw a pirate ship one, doubt my wife will approve), and the pumps are pretty small. I'm just gonna toss it into a duffel with my snorkel gear and bring it as it's own suitcase. Then I can leave the duffel and all behind.

User Info Menu

No problem, I will help get it blown up and launched, I think I have a small pump that is pretty powerful if I can find it will throw it in a bag and also bring some cord to tie it off with

Timm
    Timm

Don't Tread on Me!
    The tree of Liberty needs to be refreshed from time to tim with the "Blood of Tyrants"

User Info Menu

A party float in the ocean sounds pretty awesome. Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Did you all leave your float tied up the entire time in the sea or did you store it at night?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hussyband View Post
    Ok, if you are volunteering to help me launch it, I will pick one up. I saw one that will seat 8 that I liked ( also saw a pirate ship one, doubt my wife will approve), and the pumps are pretty small. I'm just gonna toss it into a duffel with my snorkel gear and bring it as it's own suitcase. Then I can leave the duffel and all behind.
    Can you share the link of the float? I'm interested in getting something for our February trip.