Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Restaurants & Bars along d'beach mon!

User Info Menu

Re: Restaurants & Bars along d'beach mon!

Quote Originally Posted by nicollet View Post
    It is a fact and you;re wrong . Why do you think there are lineups out the door at the Scotiabank ....jamaicans trying to exchange their U.S money to the country' s national currency perhaps??????? You don't think all these trips to the bank are a pain the a$$ for locals????? Its not all about you when you are a GUEST in another country. RESPECT
    They make more money by requesting (and receiving) payment in US. I'm 100% certain they are okay with the "pain in the ass". You realize that Rob lives in Negril, yes?

User Info Menu

yes yes Rob....we ALL know about you... you make sure to remind us daily.
    My so called ( in your opinon HARSH statement) is BASED ON FACT

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nicollet View Post
    It is a fact and you;re wrong . Why do you think there are lineups out the door at the Scotiabank ....jamaicans trying to exchange their U.S money to the country' s national currency perhaps??????? You don't think all these trips to the bank are a pain the a$$ for locals????? Its not all about you when you are a GUEST in another country. RESPECT
    Nicollet,

The Gold Nugget Cambio right next to Scotia gives a much better exchange rate than Scotia does. If someone is taking US$ currency into Scotia they are more than likely depositing it in their US$ bank account. Yes, Scotia offers both JA$ and US$ currency accounts. Negril.com, as a business has both types so we can deposit the money into the appropriate account.

I wait in those "pain in the a$$" lines myself. No business owner here is stupid enough to waste their time exchanging US$ for a worse rate when you can exchange it quicker and for more money at a cambio.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

my point WAS the national currency is jamaican dollars. FACT. USE IT. Stop beating a dead horse Rob. We could debate this all day.

User Info Menu

Yikes...

User Info Menu

Wow....

I had no idea my original post for information would cause such a tempest in a tea kettle! I've also been to Negril on more than a couple of occasions, and, in fact have wandered afield on a few excursions away from the village and into the hills. So I am aware of how $J becomes the currency of choice when we wander off campus a bit. I've also been to a number of vendors 'pon d'beach (but only once for a meal at Cosmos), and know that $US are welcome, and in many cases, preferred. Jamaicans deal with this every day and know how to get the best exchange rate. I'm very fond of saying that Jamaicans LOVE our $10's... Alexander Hamilton was, after all, born on Jamaican soil; and they also appreciate his friend and commander, George Washington, and his not-too distant comrade, Andrew Jackson, who knew the value of a dollar or twenty. I've never known a Jamaican to take offense to payment in $US.

My original question was more to satisfy my curiosity about the restaurants along 7-mile... as I noted above, my experience has been extremely limited to one lunch a number of years back. I'm only trying to stretch my funds where I can, and the early responses about CC foreign exchange fees, best exchange opportunities, and such provided more then my money's worth...

Thanks to all that answered. In the interest of preserving civility and peace on the board, I'm going to call this horse dead... time to dismount!