Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Belcour Cookbook

User Info Menu

Cool Belcour Cookbook

For anyone interested in wonderful Jamaican cooking, recipes and Jamaican family history (the author's grandfather was co-founder of Desnoes and Geddes brewery-maker of Red stripe Beer) you MUST get the Belcour Cookbook! Available on Amazon and on the website http://www.belcourpreserves.com/ it's the best!!! Filled with tips, recipes,beautiful photography, anecdotes and entertaining ideas, it's a must have for any foodie or cook! Have stated using mine already!

User Info Menu

Re: Belcour Cookbook

$75 is a bit pricey for a cookbook..
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

Re: Belcour Cookbook

I'ts not just a cookbook. It's also a a history of Jamaica, Jamaican culture and a family's culinary legacy. Another book of this kind is "Nyam Jamaica" by Rosemary Parkinson.I actually purchased my copy on Amazon "used-like new" for $19.99 but at full price it would still be worth it. Many good cookbooks are in this price rang(e.g. "Icons of American Cooking" and "Taste of Home cookbook" are both over $70.00...