Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trip to Orange Hill in search of the best Subs

User Info Menu

Re: Trip to Orange Hill in search of the best Subs

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    I can grow better in my back yard
    Or basement.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Or basement.
    My back yard is across the cane field from Orange HIll

User Info Menu

I must disagree with you non believers. No you can not grow better! Some of the finest in the world has been grown between Lucea and Negril over the years. If you have not come across any of this do not fool yourself into thinking you know! You obviously do not!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    My back yard is across the cane field from Orange HIll
    I realize that. I was speaking for myself...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by georgelenard View Post
    I must disagree with you non believers. No you can not grow better! Some of the finest in the world has been grown between Lucea and Negril over the years. If you have not come across any of this do not fool yourself into thinking you know! You obviously do not!
    Yes I can, absolutely, most definitely, without a doubt. I do therefore I am.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Yes I can, absolutely, most definitely, without a doubt. I do therefore I am.
    Great answer! You know, I had to read that post several times to completely understand it myself and it just left me with a headache. Maybe it was brought on by crappy weed. Yep, "I am just thinking I know but obviously do not".

I will wait now to be publicly chastised for fooling myself.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Eh, what's a sub?

User Info Menu

The National Geographic Channel is running a segment, "Gangs, Guns & Ganja" which focuses on Kingston & MoBay. I think it's from 2012. What they say about ganga (and other drugs) in Jamaica is interesting. What's even more interesting is what the dealers have to say about the tourists. Catch the segment if you can!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post
    Great answer! You know, I had to read that post several times to completely understand it myself and it just left me with a headache. Maybe it was brought on by crappy weed. Yep, "I am just thinking I know but obviously do not".

I will wait now to be publicly chastised for fooling myself.

Peace and Guidance
    And in turn, I now have a headache. I'm not criticizing at all, I've found some mighty fine subs in JA, a Panama Red haogie being my favorite by a mile. The issue is in the, eh, preparation and conditions from farm to harvest that in the end either makes or breaks the final quality. I believe strongly in soil grown (I could talk for days on this) produce for my subs, but outdoor prepared Jamaican subs just can't quite match what can be prepared stateside under a roof. Sammiches.

User Info Menu

[I love you, Papa Georgie! I asked the same question a few months ago on another thread! I had no clue! Somebody posted they had found a sub in their shirt pocket and I was, like, thinking Subway sandwich and what would possess you to eat a Subway sandwich you found in your pocket. I still haven't heard the end of it from the Montreal Chapter of this board! One actually said "You were SERIOUS? Oh Noooooo ....." Yeah. Bless you PG. I love you. And in keeping with the rules I believe in, I have PM'd you the definition ....