Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trip to Orange Hill in search of the best Subs

User Info Menu

Re: Trip to Orange Hill in search of the best Subs

[QUOTE=TAH;142905]And in turn, I now have a headache. I'm not criticizing at all, I've found some mighty fine subs in JA, a Panama Red haogie being my favorite by a mile. The issue is in the, eh, preparation and conditions from farm to harvest that in the end either makes or breaks the final quality. I believe strongly in soil grown (I could talk for days on this) produce for my subs, but outdoor prepared Jamaican subs just can't quite match what can be prepared stateside under a roof. Sammiches.

If you are questioning the quality of Jamaican soil? Or if you think that natural bat guano does not suffice for your synthetics, with out being critical I would question your concept of quality! But enjoy!

User Info Menu

I know people that live in Orange Hill, it has actually developed into an area of fine homes and you should be careful milling around in some one's back yard!

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=georgelenard;142918]
    Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    And in turn, I now have a headache. I'm not criticizing at all, I've found some mighty fine subs in JA, a Panama Red haogie being my favorite by a mile. The issue is in the, eh, preparation and conditions from farm to harvest that in the end either makes or breaks the final quality. I believe strongly in soil grown (I could talk for days on this) produce for my subs, but outdoor prepared Jamaican subs just can't quite match what can be prepared stateside under a roof. Sammiches.

If you are questioning the quality of Jamaican soil? Or if you think that natural bat guano does not suffice for your synthetics, with out being critical I would question your concept of quality! But enjoy!
    I very carefully said that I'm a soil guy, I don't do synthetics of any kind. Thanks. And as to the soil in JA, it is probably the finest soil you can find. The issue comes down to controlling the environment, which you simply cannot do outdoors. I'm not going any further with this, as it's almost as bad as talking about route taxis (and this probably isn't the forum for this discussion anyhow). Have a good day.
    Last edited by TAH; 08-19-2014 at 09:13 AM.

User Info Menu

Thanks M&G,

Kind of figured that...but had to ask for the hell of it. Hell I'm so old I call 'em "reefers"

Ok, lets try this...eh, what's a route taxi?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papa georgie View Post
    thanks m&g,

kind of figured that...but had to ask for the hell of it. Hell i'm so old i call 'em "reefers"

ok, lets try this...eh, what's a route taxi?
    lmao

User Info Menu

I'm visiting ocho rios on December 04 and only want to tour the finest would you pass along the info without posting it on the forum please I would def appreciate it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicarob View Post
    we did the tour 2 years ago,our driver (Name removed) would be happy to take you for a tour, he is a licenced,insured, red plate, non drinker,876-###-#### (number and name removed to protect driver's identity - as much as there are changes happening quickly, ganja is still illegal to grow), soon come
    Yo

User Info Menu

Its all about the taste, not the proof. Try cooking with it. A Jamaican stir fry would be out of this world.

User Info Menu

Its all about dat bass , its all about dat bass no treble ...................... It s all in the boom boom, france has its champagne , jamaica has its subs.

User Info Menu

Fools rush in . . .
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.