Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Secrets Cabins

User Info Menu

Secrets Cabins

first time staying on beach in about 20 yrs.. I've booked Secrets Cottage #2.. anyone stayed there??

User Info Menu

Re: Secrets Cabins

Stayed there about 10 years ago. I cant remember if it was cabin 2. I believe it was the one closest to the beach. One step up from sleeping in a tent. When you check in check for roaches. I noticed them my first night and complained. I didn't see them again after that. Don't leave any food laying around in your cabin, not even crumbs.

My stay there suited me at the time because I was traveling alone and just needed a place to lay my head down at night. Now that I'm older and attached I would no longer consider it. I need more creature comforts now.

If you want good jerk chicken then head across the road to Best of the West.
    Last edited by halfwaytree; 08-17-2014 at 11:26 PM.

User Info Menu

I stayed in the cabins on my first visit to Negril in July of 1983. Was and has remained a "rustic" place but with the changing ownership, I understand a facelift has taken place. I don't know if that includes the cottage you are asking about but, Andrea (new ownership) is an old and dear friend from the Whistling Bird days and I would lay odds that this place will be even better than ever.

Of course we demand a complete trip report with lots and lots of pictures.

I hope (and know) you will love your time there.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

thanks for responses.. and after your reply, Accompong, i'm really excited to be staying there and love the personal info.. I am not much of a writer, but I can take photos!!