Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: September in Negril at RIU-nightlife

User Info Menu

Re: September in Negril at RIU-nightlife

You didn't insult anybody, just like to "flip" you some back brother.

November & Feb we are already booked but just not Negril, but there will be another time my friend.

Jamb

User Info Menu

Thank you everyone for all the information. Lolol @ some of the responses. I'm in my 30s and he's late 40s but we do NOT intend to go to JA and just stay on a resort. I like the AI and still get off resort as well. Ive seriously considering changing my resort now, I don't want to be in the middle of nowhere and have to pay lots of $$$ just to get to a club or bar. Also, let me get this right, long bay is the happening spot and bloody bay is quieter?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EmpressJG View Post
    Thank you everyone for all the information. Lolol @ some of the responses. I'm in my 30s and he's late 40s but we do NOT intend to go to JA and just stay on a resort. I like the AI and still get off resort as well. Ive seriously considering changing my resort now, I don't want to be in the middle of nowhere and have to pay lots of $$$ just to get to a club or bar. Also, let me get this right, long bay is the happening spot and bloody bay is quieter?
    Yes, Long Bay is where you probably want to be. That said, it's long (thus the name, lol) so it matters where on the beach you are if you're looking for nightlife.

User Info Menu

Didn't feel insulted Flip; just saying.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EmpressJG View Post
    I wouldn't say you're in the middle of nowhere, but Bloody Bay is all AI's and about 2 miles in total. Long Bay is the other 5 miles of "7 mile beach". There are some AI's on Long Bay, mostly at the north end (closest to BB). There are also many small hotels, bars and eateries along Long Bay. Because BB is all AI's you get fewer vendors, but I personally found the vendors (higglers) that were there more aggressive than on LB. We love the activity of Long Bay and the choices in restaurants etc is wonderful, but we don't go the AI route anymore either so that matters to us.

User Info Menu

Maybe look at Grand pineapple. It's AI. But close to bourbon beach, Alfreds etc.

User Info Menu

I only mentioned the Seastar Saturday Show because it would get you off your resort and way up to the west end for zero money. (tip the driver of course)
    The evening might cost you a hundred or so with buffet and drinks. Plus you get there and back safely with responsible drivers.
    Late night taxis from say the Jungle to RIU could be costly if you don't know what you're doing and who to ride with, but that knowledge is yours for the asking on this message board.
    That said, if you are able to change your resort without a big penalty then there are AI options like Grand Pineapple that won't break the bank and it's right in the middle of the 7 mile beach and all it has to offer. Plus a cab to the prime west end spots is cheap enough. Lots of other places have inclusive options for extra money such as breakfast every day, or bar credits every day. It's all up to you.
    I wouldn't recommend you stay on the west end because it's your first time and the beach is where you want to be for that.
    But once you become hooked on Negril, you might want to change it up and stay non AI and maybe on the cliffs.

User Info Menu

EmpressJG...
    The best way to show this relative differences between Bloody and Long Bays is to check out the "official" Negril business map. Sometime in the last week our two someone asked that it be posted, so scroll down the list of threads a bit, our on the next page of topics.

The map is a really great resource in pdf format and I never leave home without it. It's a bit dated, with the last update put together in 2011. In addition to an overview, it provides a lot of detail about the relative positions and distances between establishments along the bay beaches, Negril's downtown, and the West End (Cliffs) area.

I just love this thing and keep the file on my desktop.

User Info Menu

lol I hope so