Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: September in Negril at RIU-nightlife

User Info Menu

September in Negril at RIU-nightlife

Hi everyone, will be going back to JA (been to Mobay about 5years ago) but this time I will be staying at RIU tropical bay in Negril. Is this resort close to any nightlife? It will be my boyfriends first time to JA, and I want to have a good time. I've read countless reviews of resorts where it's pretty much crickets and lights out by 9pm. Hope this is not the case with the RIU tropical bay. Any suggestions, tips greatly appreciated. Also, has anyone ever took an excursion to Kingston from Negril, if so about how much was it? I love going off resort and experiencing the island and spending time with the lovely people of JA.

User Info Menu

Re: September in Negril at RIU-nightlife

It's about as far away from the nightlife as you can get. In fact, it's technically not even in Negril. You'll have to taxi in to town, which isn't a problem, just not convenient. Don't let the drivers parked at the AI tell you what the rate is, go to the road an grab a route taxi.

User Info Menu

You should call Seastar Inn and be transported for free to their Saturday night buffet and live entertainment event. You'll experience the west end of Negril, see a great little resort in an authentic Jamaican neighborhood setting and be completely safe and well treated. There are some videos of this 'experience' on you tube. Search Seastar entertainment, drummers, webcast, buffet. You'll see what it's like.

User Info Menu

How old are you and your boyfriend? Seastar is an OK suggestion. But i think it's really more.for the older people. Buffet dinner and entertainment is over before midnight. It's a nice time. But might not be what you're really looking for.

Thursday nights is ladies night at Jungle. You'll hear about it at the resort. Get there around 11ish. The party kicks up around midnight.

Friday nights. You can do margarittaville. I belive that is there night for 20 or 30 dollars all inclusive with a DJ. Or you can try Alfreds ocean palace.

Saturday should be bourbon beach. But they are under new management. So I am not certain. You could do that after Seastar.

Don't use the hotel to call you a taxi. Outside the gate. Ask a red plate to take you. Should be no more than 10 dollars each way on the beach road. 20 dollars each way to the westend.

User Info Menu

Respectfully, if you like going off the resort, and experiencing the island etc. You should have stayed elsewhere other than a huge AI. just sayin'. Have fun

User Info Menu

Everything above is pretty good info, I don't doubt. We've been doing the AI thing for too long ourselves... not that it wasn't worth it, because the AI's have their own attraction to many. Next April, we're doing the AI thing again, but only for half our stay. We're staying for a full week 'pon d'beach to try that style out, plus it helps to pay for a longer reach.

I would strongly recommend that you take the cab into town for an afternoon to try out the cliffs. I'd also recommend that you find a way to get out of Bloody Bay for an afternoon... perhaps drop off early in the afternoon south of Swept Away and then wander further south as far as you can along the beach. The myriad of Mom&Pop places... resorts, hotels, bars, restaurants, shops... is astounding!

We're really looking forward to out April reach to see the beach from a totally different perspective!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flipadelphia26 View Post
    But i think it's really more.for the older people.

Flip.....Say what???????

User Info Menu

Empress, Enjoy your reach at RIU Tropical Bay. Yes it is on Bloody Bay and not Long Bay, but it is a great introduction to Negril.

My journey started at an All Inclusive (Sandals Negril) back in 1992. Learn how to use Red Plate Route Taxis. Ignore Flip, Seastar Saturday night buffet is fun for all ages and a great introduction to the West End.

Read Trip Reports on this site and you will learn about great day trips from Negril. A trip to Kingston is a long all day trip and if you are only staying a week, then you might want to reconsider and do a shorter excursion.

Go to www.RealNegril.com for the webcast schedule. There are several webcasts every week and even one from Seastar Inn Saturday night.

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

One thing you should do is take in the One Love Drive Pub Crawl. The One Love Bus will pick you up at your hotel in the early afternoon; you will visit about 6 establishments on the West End (Cliffs) and return you to your hotel shortly after sunset. The bus is free, but the driver does take tips (suggested amount $10.00 US per person. You will need to take some cash to pay for your drinks and/or food while on the pub crawl. You will meet some fellow travelers and see some great bars with great views and atmosphere. It's a safe way to see a part of Negril that you probably wouldn't otherwise see and its a lot of fun. Here is a link for info on the pub crawl.
    http://negril.com/nt/nt103013.htm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    Flip.....Say what???????
    I think the word he was looking for was MATURE!
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.