Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast

Thread: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

User Info Menu

Re: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    I am so intriqued by your style of writing and your response to everyone's comment. You are truly a beautiful person, which attracted you to such a beautiful place as Portland. I'm at my desk reading your report and can't contain myself with excitement knowing I will be there in 4 months...
    ((((Butterfly)))) your words ALWAYS move me. I appreciate you taking the time to post your kind words and support. You know what, some people HATE that I respond to each poster. I can’t help it. Not responding is like ignoring a spoken comment. Share the photos with whoever you want. These pale compared to the magnificent pictures you will take while you are there. I am so excited about your upcoming visit to Portland. Do YOU every second you are there.

LOL at your rat memory. The same night??? Okay I can understand that. How I wish I could dash to Jamaica right now and capture your name in the sand, but I have something just as special for you. This photo is in my top ten favorites of all the clicking I’ve done over the years. This is for you babygirl.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sammyb View Post
    this is postcard worthy!

wanted to check out the new craft market, so the food you had was from there? I liked that they had a little play ground, passed it several times but never stopped in. How were the prices?
    Thanks Sammy. The prices were good for the regular food items like jerk chicken, brown stew pork (300 - 350J). The conch was a specialty on the menu so it cost a little more. I think it was 700J for the conch alone, the salad was 100 extra. There's also a restaurant that serves nice pasta dishes, but they specialize in pizza. I NEVER bother with dessert but I was curious about their pumpkin bread (cake). It was wonderful and their prices weren’t bad either. The place gets packed at night so the wait for food is forever but worth it…just don’t go near starving.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
    This little bamboo cottage speaks to me. Obviously built with great care and as much precision as bamboo will allow. Why do people laugh at me when I suggest building something similar?
    Goldilocks I know you would find all the little cabins, cookshops and fruits stands along that side charming. I love walking the length just to admire the patched construction and creativity put into each tiny building.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Enjoying all of these great pictures, but I sure could go for a fruit salad about now
    Thanks so much Patricia...

User Info Menu

This is Rock Bottom’s new location. Of course his inventory is smaller because he has less space, but the products are still top quality. He’s so proud of his work and he should be. He looks great…sorry I didn’t get a picture of him but I never made it back like I hoped. Not even to buy the wall fish I wanted so badly. He gave me a handmade bracelet. I cherished the simple, but perfect gift. Made the mistake of wearing it to my second job and it got hooked to a spindle and broke. I can’t wait to get back to replace it. Butterfly, please stop by his shop…he’s a BIG man with a gentle soul.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Vi, you take the most perfect pictures!

And the rastas fruit, stand looked very neat and inviting. No flies, trash or spoiled fruit...Nice.

User Info Menu

Thanks kaycee. To me, my eyes, Portland/Jamaica is the perfect photographic subject. Yes, his place was very clean.

User Info Menu

Continuing on…

Finally reached the narrow seaside walk. I’ve gotten better at balancing myself along the sidewalk. Don’t fear slipping off onto the rocks when someone passes me…well not as much as I did. I like the elevation which is ideal for pictures.

I hear someone call out “Hello!! Hello!”

I stop to look around because I was sure they were trying to get my attention. I see the big dude that was at the salon doorway blocking out the sun. He’s making his way towards me from across the street. Do I go down or wait for him to come up?? This sidewalk isn’t wide enough for both of us. I decide to take a couple of steps further up the walk where the incline isn’t so steep.

“Hello”
    “Hi”
    “I saw you walking and come to meet you. My name is Andrew…I’m from…My age is…”

Andrew gave me his complete single&desperatejamaicanmale.com profile before I could tell him my name. Well it sounded like a profile.

“Hi Andrew, I’m Vi.”

He said he was interested in me and wanted to know if we could have dinner together. Thanked him, but said I’m very happy being single. He didn’t try to push, just simply asked if I had a friend, sister, cousin, auntie, mother, grandmother or female enemy who he could meet. No, I can’t think of anyone. (What was I suppose to say????) He insisted I take his picture and show it around. I took the picture, actually 3. He checked them to make sure they looked good. Nothing like a bad profile photo, huh? Of course he didn’t forget his contact information. I won’t post his picture because the white shirt he was wearing had a stain on the right nipple area. That would have turned anyone remotely interested off. I think he would thank me for making that decision. LOL

“Wait, didn’t you come to the salon this morning?”
    “Yes. I didn’t think you saw me.”
    “Yeah, I saw you and heard you ask about a manicure and pedicure. I’m going to be honest and let you know I didn’t think you were interested in women.”
    “I came to see you. I saw you go inside and wanted to meet you. But when I got to the door, I got shy so I asked about the foot rubbing.”
    “Oh…okay…”

**silence**

“Have a good afternoon, Andrew.” and I quickly went on my way.

User Info Menu

the craft market finally opened . . . wonderful pics. thanks vi.

User Info Menu

Awww, that flower is so beautiful, I can't believe I actually have a tear in my eye. I woke up with a heavy heart thinking about my mom. It's always the small things that count to me and I must admit that flower made my day. I can't wait to reach Portland and hopefully I will have an opportunity to meet such a special person as you. I can tell by all your responses to your post, which I love by the way, that you have a good heart.