Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast

Thread: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

User Info Menu

Re: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

I have to say I was happy to see a new Port Antonio trip report, will be following along with interest.
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Thanks sammyb. I’ll be posting plenty of food pics because I ate VERY well this visit.

MUCH more on the way TAH. Thanks for coming along.

SPARKLE and here I thought I was going to have to send you a personal invitation. But sit back and hang on…this is going to be a long ride. Girlfriend I was in Jamaica for EIGHTEEN incredible nights.

Greetings sandman, happy to see you will be following along. I know how much you enjoyed Portland and do hope this report brings back sweet memories.

User Info Menu

This is where I get that “welcome home” greeting...both sides of the road lined with acres of coconut trees. Right before entering Annotto Bay. I will never get tired of this ride to Portland.

O’Neil finally bought music that didn’t have those horrible bells, whistles and horns firing off in it. Nice lover’s rock tunes played during the pleasant ride. I also notice the new car cd changer.

“Doing pretty good for yourself now that you have the red tags.”
    “Yes, I have plenty of work. Not many red plates in Port Antonio. Sometimes I drive late into the night. Like…7:00…8:00…”
    “You call that late??”
    “From when me start in the morning…driving straight chru. Yep, that’s late and when I stop I dead tired when I reach home.”
    “You’re getting old. (I laughed) Should I find a night driver???”
    “NO…I told you, I’ll take you anywhere you want to go. Day or night. And I not getting old…I been old from a long time.”

***Note to self…find a night driver***

User Info Menu

Except for a quick stop in Buff Bay for cold water, we leisurely continued on to Port Antonio. He was giving me the updates on people, places and things while I steadily snapped picture after picture of the awesome landscape.

User Info Menu

WELCOME TO PORT ANTONIO!

Exiting Boundbrook…entering Port Antonio, the cars are detoured through the marina road because of the construction. It was a nice change.

User Info Menu

Yay! a much needed *vi* report! I would have paid $350 for the pine -they are gorgeous!

User Info Menu

Excellent report,we love hearing about more island places,thanks for sharing.

User Info Menu

goldilocks, it was worth every dollar!! Huge and super sweet. Every time I think about that pine my mouth waters. Thanks for tagging along.

Hi billndonna! Thanks for the props and please stick around for there is a lot more on the way. I’m just getting started.

User Info Menu

After dropping off my bags, showering, changing into a comfortable floral sundress, I head to my favorite first spot. Where else…Boston Beach! Nothing gets me in sync with Portland faster than that early evening visit to Boston Beach.

Normally, O’Neil parks at the beach, then walks back to the jerk center for my goodies. He stopped in front this time so I snapped a few pictures. I like this one of the people in the rearview mirror.

I can now begin to slowly exhale. …aaahhhhh this suits my soul perfectly. The evening is as calm as I imagined it to be however, the scene is more beautiful than I prayed it would be.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post

Sweet Boston....sigh