Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast

Thread: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

User Info Menu

Re: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

What happended to the pics on your last few posts? I just get the broken image box...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
    The Folly looks like a cool place to explore, I love old stuff!
    goldilocks folly does provide a unique and quiet setting. the area is kept clean and the grass cut. the never let the vegetation overpower the mansion ruins. I hope the jerk festival can be held there in 2015.

User Info Menu

I don't know TAH, they are showing fine for me

User Info Menu

Looks like Otis/I-Cliff's stand will be larger. Hope it's back open by now.

User Info Menu

It's open sammy. I-Cliff owns it now.

User Info Menu

Of course his place was the first thing I couldn’t wait to see once reaching the bottom of the road. I was really pleased with what I saw. Not only is the stand back up, but it looks great. And so did I-Cliff. He was happy to see me and I felt the same regarding him. So good to know his little business is sustaining him.

Told me he had to step out for a bit and said to help myself to whatever I needed. I thanked him but decided to wait until he returned.

I usually rent a lounge chair from him, but since I didn’t know his place would even be there, I brought my own and set up a spot behind his stand. Just in case anyone was wondering if it could be done, I packed that fold-in chair in my duffle bag. Excellent decision to bring it. Light weight, easy to carry and came in handy from time to time.

I bought a red stripe. He apologized for it not being cold. Just as long as it wasn’t warm, I can drink it.

He was excited to show me his car. Said it still needs work, but he owns it and is proud of it. He did tell me he experienced a “likkle lick” with the car.

“Oh my…no one was hurt were they?”
    “No…no injuries. But it was my fault so I’m still likkle stress.”
    “You hit the other car?”
    “Yes.”
    “Was it unavoidable?? Did the other driver stop suddenly in front of you?”
    “No, not sudden. I didn’t have brakes at the time.”
    “GOOD HEAVENS I-CLIFF!!!!”
    “I have brakes now.”
    LOL “That’s good.”

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Girl, I love your style of writing. Your pictures are really postcards of pure beauty. That phone with the rock thing made me lol. Seeing these pictures really make me excited to return to Portland. I agree with you about Admiral Tibet, I love seeing him perform and he does have beautiful eyes. I always felt that he was an attractive man.

User Info Menu

butterfly, I agree, Vi has a eye for taking beautiful pictures..and I luv the way she tells her stories by those pictures... makes you feel that you were right there enjoying the scenery with her.

Come on Vi... we need a daily trip report fix....

User Info Menu

Great reading...Vi thanks for sharing - your writing style makes me feel like I am right there with you. Last time I was in Portland was 2010. Love the area - my favourite part of Jamaica.