Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9495455565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

User Info Menu

Re: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

Theres a boardie that uses the following saying that is my absolute favorite about my Ja trips. " May you have many nights you don't remember, with friends you will never forget '' Sounds like this
    night was the opposite for you, smh!!!!! Well, its all an adventure !

User Info Menu

jojo, none of my reaches have lacked adventure so I guess I’m prepared for just about anything. He was a pain, but honestly, having to leave Portland the way I did was worse than dealing with him. I’m still not ready to share all the details about that…MISadventure but I’m glad things ended on a very positive and wonderful note. And although I remember the nights very well, I did meet some special people I will never forget. You will see…

User Info Menu

Stomach growling I say goodbye and catch a ride to Sweet Spot. I had been eyeing that place all week so now is my chance to check it out. Ordered breakfast, the usual, then tried to decide where on the beach I’ll spend my last day. Breakfast came before I could make a decision so I put those thoughts on hold while I take a picture of my plate before digging in.

The moment I placed my hand into my bag I knew something was wrong. My camera wasn’t in there. Everyone in the restaurant heard my gasp and saw “panic” flash across my face. The last place I had it was in the yard. I called Drivah A to come for me and take me back to the room. He was in Lucea. I had to get back there NOW. About to leave my food to grab a cab, the phone rings, it’s Mr. B.

“Good morning, Vi. How you doin?”
    “Not good! I think I left my camera in the yard where I stay. Can you come get me and take me back??? I’m at Sweet Spot. Do you know where that is?? Wait, are you near by?? If you are already on the westend, you can go by and check for me!!”
    “Calm down, Vi. I will be there in 3 minutes.”

I had them dump my food in a foam container, paid then went outside to wait. I paced and tried to stay composed but it was almost impossible to do. I got sick just thinking about all my memories in the hands of someone who won’t hesitate to delete them without giving thought to the heartbreak it will cause. It had to be there…

User Info Menu

He was there in less than three minutes.

“Was that the only place you used it?”
    “Yes. I was talking to the owner and I’m sure I set it down on the table in the back yard.”
    “Outside??”
    “Yes. Outside.”

We both know it could be gone, but it didn’t have to be spoken.

We drive up to the gate and I’m out. My short stubby legs got me up the walk and around the corner so my eyes can see what my heart prayed for. There is was! Sitting on the round patio table all by it’s self. An inanimate object, but I still felt like a neglectful parent.

I was overjoyed, but Mr. B’s smile was bigger than mine.

“Now where, Vi?”
    “To the beach. I want to go to Alfred’s.”
    “No problem. I’m glad your camera was still there.”
    “So am I. Thanks for taking me back to check for it.”

We get to the beach. I pay him a little more for the extra run around. He appreciated it. I asked if he could join me for the first drink of the day, but he had to take some people some where and he was running late. Told me he would check back with me later. “That would be cool if you could. I’ll be right here.”

Now to get my beach time started…

User Info Menu

Happy to hear your camera was exactly where you left it.

Nice lookin' towel, too!!
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

man ole man that was a close call, so glad that worked out!

LOVE LOVE the towel!

User Info Menu

Sigh...
    You always leave me waiting for the next post. Ten days til my next (short)trip, you're helping me satisfy the itch in the meantime. Glad "A" wasn't a complete d**chebag at least. Very glad you found the camera!

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Drivah A, would have caught a punch to his nature...Lol!

Glad you found your camera!!

User Info Menu

I was almost stressed as you about the camera, anxious for driver "B" to take you to find out if it was still there. Then I remembered you had to find it because how else would you have post your beautiful pictures. Driver "A" is missing a couple of letters "SS". Oh no It's almost the last day, I wish you can preserve this report until my next reach. I have six weeks, and I don't think you can fit one day worth of trip report to hold me over for six weeks. Maybe some more pictures will do.

User Info Menu

Vi, I wasn't worried for a second that you didn't get your camera back, otherwise we wouldn't be getting these fabulous pics, isn't that the worst feeling when you think you lost something important like that. I've decided that I must meet you some day on the beach, we would have many laughs, I'm sure !!!