Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast

Thread: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

User Info Menu

Re: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

I loled.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Lol! About the phone!

Your pics are beautiful...postcard perfect.

User Info Menu

DWL regarding the phone!

Folly is something special.....................

User Info Menu

A Vi trip report. Lovinnnnnng it, have been waiting. The pictures are to die for.

User Info Menu

Hi TAH! Thanks kaycee. MANY more pictures on the way. Sammy, I appreciate how the vibe of these special places never change.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    A Vi trip report. Lovinnnnnng it, have been waiting. The pictures are to die for.
    SUMMER!! I was wondering when you were going to show up. Glad you are enjoying the pictures...hope you like this one!!

User Info Menu

7/8/14 Tuesday - day 5

The collection of fruit is building. Ginups, apples and mangos in the bowl. Pineapple slices and limes in the fridge. The aroma from the apples was winning my attention. Jamaican apples are as boldly aromatic as the sight of their rich burgundy hue. The fragrance is more floral than fruity. The inside is pure white and sweet. Mine were small but packed with flavor. I had half of one before my breakfast arrived.

Today’s breakfast…saltfish, fried banana, boiled banana, toast, tomato and mango juice. I was concerned the salfish would cause me to swell. Particularly my feet. To my surprise it didn’t. The fried banana was different. Was expecting it to be sweet like plaintains but now I realize the cooking process must take most of the banana flavor away. Still the way Mrs. Scott lightly salted the slices made them tasty. Yeah, like banana chips.

BEACH DAY!

User Info Menu

Winnifred Breeze is within walking distance of Winnifred Beach. I’m not ready for that yet so O’Neil drove me down.

aaaahhhhhh what a sight...

User Info Menu

When I was there in October, my heart broke when I saw the condition of my favorite beverage stand on the beach. I-Cliff wasn’t there so I couldn’t ask questions. Not knowing whether it was being rebuilt or dismantled left me feeling sad assuming it had been abandoned.

This was how it looked in October 2013.

Eventually a man approached me as I sat on the bench where the intimate bamboo structure once stood. He told me I-Cliff was rebuilding the stand. It was about to collapse so he’s taking his time fixing it proper. I was relieved to hear that, but would have liked to have heard it from I-Cliff.

User Info Menu

The Folly looks like a cool place to explore, I love old stuff!