Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast

Thread: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

User Info Menu

Re: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

Really nice place but the beer wasn't cheap. I scanned the menu from Keney's the chinese restaurant but didn't see anything I wanted. Was more interested in a patty or jerk pork.

User Info Menu

I did a lot of writing before having to move me and the lounger from under the heat of the sun. I saw that I was ready to open up about Portland and the bs that drove me away from her. Oh well I'm grateful for one being able to enjoy the the flexibility Jamaica provides.

As I was writing a gentleman introduced himself to me. Nice opening line. Asked me if I were writing a novel or short stories. Told him it was a journal. I record the previous day’s activities. He asked "So if I see you tomorrow you will have something in there about meeting me in the journal?" "Yes, but it’s up to you whether it will be something good or bad." He asked if we could meet for drinks later...to my surprise I said yes.

Look, not going to keep anyone in suspense about him. We were to meet at MiYard that night, right??? Well I shower and pick out this cute little black & white sundress...one with the strap that ties around the neck. I even tussled with my lace-up sandals that take forever to get each leg laced evenly. Hopped a cab to MiYard and waited...and waited...and waited. I call him to see if he's still coming.

"Hi, are you still coming to MiYard? I'm here looking semi-cute but have no one to confirm that."
    "Oh BaYbeeeeeee, I don't have taxi fare to come all the way to the west end. I want you to come to Travellers. I will meet you there. But give me about one hour. Is that okay?? You think you can be here in one hour? Hello??? Hello??? Vi?? Hello??"

Yeah, after the third hello, I hung up. I mean not only did he stand me up, but wanted me to come to him. I don't think so.

He better be glad I don't put his sorry soul on blast. cha!

User Info Menu

PATTY TIME!!!!

Genips for a likkle snack

User Info Menu

good thing you took it in stride . . . but i think he will show up again . . . things don't change much in that department . . .

enjoying your writing . . .

Sponsor

User Info Menu

*sigh* Men...

User Info Menu

Not all Men are like that...but then I'm not Jamaican.. Love the report Vi..
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaycee View Post
    *sigh* Men...
    LOL !!!!
    Vi, you seem like a strong, sassy lady, I like your style !

User Info Menu

I'm glad you're now in Negril....we just returned & this hits the spot
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

Loving every second!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    good thing you took it in stride . . . but i think he will show up again . . .
    He did JitterBug, but he just gave me a nod, smiled and walked away. Like kaycee said "men?"