Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast

Thread: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

User Info Menu

Re: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

7/6/14 Sunday - day 3

Pretty sure I was up before 7:00 AM. The sunshine streaming through the slats of the windows could not be ignored. Gorgeous day today so going to enjoy every minute of it. I unpacked/re-organized my clothes and stuff. Thanks to the digital luggage scale Sammyb sent me (thank you girl!), I didn’t have the usual weight issues at the airport. Thanks to 2½ gallon Zip Loc bags, I didn’t have the usual clothing explosion when I unzipped my duffle bag.

Those zip loc bags are a must for me when I travel. Everything is kept together shoes with shoes. Lingerie with lingerie. Toiletries with toiletries. I was able to pack 15 sundresses in one. Zip it almost close, press out the air, then lock the bag. Five bags fit in the duffle. I tried to keep the weight of each bag between 6 and 9 pounds.

As I unpacked I discovered a squatter! Dude, this is a girl’s only room…you’ve got to go!! But first..strike a pose!!

Enough about zip loc bags…packing/unpacking and uninvited guests. Let me tell you about this perfect place O’Neil found for me. Winnifred Breeze located in Fairy Hill Gardens is owned by Mr. and Mrs. Scott. Four years ago, they purchased the two-story main house and since added a cluster of 5 rooms on the property. Mrs. Scott beams when she talks about her dream becoming a reality. I toured the property and those photos I’ll share later. For right now, here is my room.

User Info Menu

The cute kitchen is equipped with all the necessary utensils and appliances, including a microwave and coffee maker.

User Info Menu

The unit is on the corner of the upper level. Excellent AC, but I rarely used it because the constant breeze is cool and circulates the entire interior. One of the first things I did in the morning was open the door to let the wind enter freely.

And now for the view from the verandah which wraps ¾ of the upper level.

User Info Menu

While taking pictures and getting lost in the beauty before me, I hear my name. I turn to see Mrs. Scott gently approach me. Her smile is warm and her voice is pleasant. She’s welcomes me and tells me not to hesitate to let her know if I need anything. She came with NO RULES. None! Didn’t tell me not to let the AC run when I’m not in the room. Didn’t require my drivers to leave fingerprints or a DNA sample. No curfew. When she said “make yourself at home” she truly met it.

“I like to cook. Now you are free to prepare all your own meals yourself because you have a kitchen, but I really do take pleasure in cooking for my guests. If you would like, I can bring you breakfast just for today. If you want it daily…or any meal…just let me know.”

Thank you, Mrs. Scott. How much is breakfast?

“500J is what I normally ask.”

“That’s perfect. I will have breakfast daily. I’ll let you know the night before if it won’t be needed the next morning.”

“Wonderful…I will return shortly.” She pauses then ask with a smile “Is there anything you don’t like?”

I smile back and say “Look at me…do I look like I pass up anything?? Especially Jamaican cooking??”

She laughs and repeats “I will return shortly.” before descending the concrete stairs.

She went down and quickly whipped up this excellent cheese omelet and toast with fresh papaya juice. The omelet was so good that I requested it often. It was definitely the cheese that made it so tasty.

User Info Menu

Lovely photos of the guest house. Finding something reasonable WITH a/c AND a kitchen is difficult, seems you found a gem! More please.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post
    7/6/14 Sunday - day 3

Pretty sure I was up before 7:00 AM. The sunshine streaming through the slats of the windows could not be ignored. Gorgeous day today so going to enjoy every minute of it. I unpacked/re-organized my clothes and stuff. Thanks to the digital luggage scale Sammyb sent me (thank you girl!), I didn’t have the usual weight issues at the airport. Thanks to 2½ gallon Zip Loc bags, I didn’t have the usual clothing explosion when I unzipped my duffle bag.

Those zip loc bags are a must for me when I travel. Everything is kept together shoes with shoes. Lingerie with lingerie. Toiletries with toiletries. I was able to pack 15 sundresses in one. Zip it almost close, press out the air, then lock the bag. Five bags fit in the duffle. I tried to keep the weight of each bag between 6 and 9 pounds.

[/IMG][/URL]
    You are the packing queen!!

User Info Menu

Vi you had me rolling about people wanting to tag along! Did i ask you to go? i wouldn't let them know either!

User Info Menu

Sammy, I love the challenge of making things fit with minimal wasted space. But when it comes to packing for Jamaica I push my skills to the limit. I build a mountain of what I want to take then arrange it all in my bags so that noting is left behind. Sometimes I amaze myself at what I get into my bags…lol

Babalew it is so hard NOT to talk about my trips but I can’t share my enthusiasm with everybody. The worse was when a co-worked begged to go with me. I gave in and we started planning. Soon I realized it would be a disaster if she goes. I considered cancelling with an excuse, but I didn’t want to sabotage my reach by lying so I just prayed all will be fine. Now I don’t rejoice over someone losing their job, but when she was terminated (grand larceny) 3 weeks before departure and fled the area, I admit I was relieved. Oh and thank you for reading along and sending me a few words.

Please bear with me…I decided to post videos so I’m uploading to YouTube…my first time so this may take a while…unless I can do it from photobucket and if so could someone PLEASE tell me how.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Vi!! So nice to hear from you! Your trip report is better than Talenti Gelato!! Definitely good stuff!!

User Info Menu

So happy to see a *vi* trip report & pictures....this IS a treat
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick