Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 44 of 68 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast

Thread: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

User Info Menu

Re: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

Quote Originally Posted by sammyb View Post
    Love LOVE your photos BUT Lawd have mercy when u share your thoughts ...pure poetry
    Thanks Sammy...expressing myself comes easy when I'm in Jamaica...pleasant and unpleasant the thoughts flow easily.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Schuttzie View Post
    Agreed, sammyb, pure poetry! We all want those special nooks and crannies that we can rest our souls and hearts in to rejuvenate on vacation. That is why we go...
    So true Schuttzie. And that's why I refuse to hold onto the anger or return the same because I know there is a place waiting for me where those feelings can't enter.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
    Ahhh, coming into "my" stretch of beach now - thanks for these!
    Sorry I don't have more for you, goldilocks...but glad you are enjoying these.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    Alfreds..... my favorite spot on the beach. Last time I swam out to that dock, warning, it is farther out than you think. Now with the jet skis back, (ugg!) I wouldn't do
    that anymore. Did you eat at Alfreds, some good food there. I also love dancing there at night, any dancing coming up Vi ?
    jojo Alfred's is my first choice chill spot. Bravo on swimming out to the dock. I can see from the shore that YES that thing is out as far as it looks!!!!!!!!!! No I didn't eat there just drank. And you ask did I do any dancing??? Yes, coming right up.

User Info Menu

I wander through the NEW Bourbon Beach and I gotta say I do like the upgrades. The new tables and chairs are beach classy. Big step up from the picnic tables. I didn't eat there so I can't comment on the food, but the grill was fired up and folks lined up placing orders.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Moving on...

Finally make it to Travellers. HOT thirsty and hungry. Got a red stripe from the bar and thought about ordering a snack. I saw these two guys carrying box lunches when they came in, but stopped at the bar to get drinks. Made me think that is was alright to bring outside food in the restaurant. That was until I saw the waitress go to their table and tell them they couldn't do that and would have to leave. Well that meant I wouldn't be going across the street and returning with something from Fatties.

All wasn't lost, here come a man with a hot steel bin on a bike. Patties ah cometh or maybe jerk pork. No pork and what I thought were patties, weren't. I got one anyway because they look so tasty. The crust is thicker and more flaky than a patty. It was okay, can't say I'm a fan yet. Will try maybe beef before crossing them off my list of must have Jamaican foods.

Thank goodness I had the genips as a back up filler.

User Info Menu

Drivah A called to ask me if I wanted to tag along with him tonight. Sure. He's picking me up at 8 so I can first get dinner, check out the Rasta's video selection then hang at Bourbon Beach. I hated to leave the beach, but it's time for me to dance some sand between my toes.

User Info Menu

Hmmm, your sandwich "patty" does have a very thick breading on it. Yeah, to dancing!!

User Info Menu

Too much bread for me Schuttzie.