Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768 LastLast

Thread: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

User Info Menu

Re: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

Nice to see your back Vi,still reading and looking at your awesome pictures,please carry on!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by newfiegirl59 View Post
    What just swam by you must have been the friendly ocean welcoming party, we had the same Manta swim by our section of beach pretty much the same time every day. It's still pretty scarry tho.
    Awwwww newfiegirl, that is actually a pleasant thought. I love sea creatures. But no, this welcoming party originated from land.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by billndonna View Post
    Nice to see your back Vi,still reading and looking at your awesome pictures,please carry on!
    Although I'm sure you don't share my feelings, billndonna, but I'm glad you two made it back safely and can ride along to the end with me...just a few more hours to go...sigh.

User Info Menu

After backing up and almost falling down, I focused and saw it was a man swimming by me. With ALL this ocean why so close to my space? Okay, I’ll be the one to move. Into a few steps towards the beach, I feel water splash on my back.

Oh No He Didn’t!!!

My rage was immediately defused when I turned to see it was Mr. B wearing a devilish grin.

“You know you almost got cussed out, my friend.”

Standing almost shoulder deep, I can see through the crystal clear Caribbean water that this man takes good care of his body.

“Wha…I scare you? You think a shark swim pass?”
    “You swim well. You’re the first driver I’ve known who actually swims.”
    “Well I don’t fancy the ocean. I prefer the river. But yes me love to swim.”
    “You came back.” I say with a smile.
    “I take the people to the market, wait for dem them, then decide to come off the road after I let dem out. Too much police pon the road.”
    “Is that your stuff on the lounger next to mine?”
    “Yes.”
    “I was about to go in and have a drink. Would you like one too?”
    “Vi, we just got out here.”
    “Huh? No, YOU just got out here…I got my swim on now I’m ready to get my drink on.”

I turn and walk towards the shore. Half way there, I feel him wrap his arms around my waist and pull me back. Bent at the waist, my arms and legs are stretched out as I was pulled back out into the ocean. He’s taller than me so I worried about being out too deep, but I couldn’t stop him even if it meant almost drowning or worse…getting my hair wet.

Didn’t care how silly I looked, I was enjoying the ride. It’s my last swim of this reach so I shouldn’t care. I was ready to have fun.

Still with my back facing him, he lifts me straight up by my waist. I come down and before my feet hit the ocean floor, he would hoist me up again. Each time on the way down, he would catch me at a lower spot along my sides…waist…hips…thighs…above the knee…shooting me higher in the air. I would descend slow enough to keep my balance and remain straight. My bathing suite skirt would flare up as if liquid wind gusts blew underneath me.

Weeeeeeeeeee! That’s right this grown woman squealed and giggled like a ten year old girl being pushed on a playground swing by an eleven year old boy. Higher! Higher!! Higher!!!

For a little while he was reliving his youth as a young Jamaican boy who spent countless hours in the water with his friends. He told me of their antics and the water games/competitions they invented. A couple we did, or tried to do. So much fun. More excitement I had in a long time. The best was when he locked his fingers together and instructed me step my right foot onto his hand so I could be boosted upwards like that. I told him he was insane.

On that note…out of breath, but still giggling, we trudge ashore for drinks and to chill.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

What a lovely last swim, your words allowed me to envision the entire scene

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Sounds like you had fun!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sammyb View Post
    What a lovely last swim, your words allowed me to envision the entire scene
    Sammy, not only the scene, I would re-live the entire DAY over again if I could.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaycee View Post
    Sounds like you had fun!!!
    Kaycee...I did indeed

User Info Menu

I'm at my deskreading your trip report about your beach encounter with driver "b" and I'm actually blushing. Very excited to find out the outcome.