Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767 ... LastLast

Thread: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

User Info Menu

Re: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

“ME SEEIT…ME SEEIT SIDNEY!!! ME SEEIT…LAWDEMERCEE JEESUSS ME MERCEEEEE!!!
    “What??!! What scare you suh??”
    OH MY SWEET JESUS!!! Oh noooo…me SEEIT, SIDNEY”
    “Get down woman..get off the bar!!?”
    “NO SUH! ME NUH COME DOWN!!! You hear me…me NUH come DOWN!!!”

I’m looking at her laying horizontal on the bar and can NOT for the life of me come up with what she saw. A dog?? A evil cat?? A mongoose?? I take sip of the rum and wait.

“Me say COME DOWN!”

She rolled off the bar, feet hit the floor and she was out the door.

“Come out!!! Come out!” she screams to me. "O’NEIL…tell you wifey fe come out!!!"

**did she say wifey? Oh yeah, he and I must talk.**

“Vi, come out.” I walk out and stand by the door waiting to see what comes out behind me.

"What did you see, Erffa???" Sidney demanded
    “Ah rat, me see. BIG RAT! Him look at me, I look at him…ohlawdemerceeeeeee. Find him Sidney. Find him and kill him!”

Sidney slips behind the shop and comes back with a machete. O’Neil grabs an iron pipe. I’m like…a rat?? All that commotion over a rat??
    The two old guys were cracking up. Told her the rodent was more afraid of her then she was of it. I agree, but had to be sympathetic of her fear. After all, I’m afraid of dogs and cats of any size. She’s pacing, O’Neil and Sidney are hunting and the two old guys are still laughing. They start moving appliances and boxes. I’m slowly loosing my buzz.

Sidney told her it must be gone. I hoped so because I really didn’t want to see them chop up a rat. Ten minutes later, they give up the search and conclude the rat was gone. Erffa goes back in with a lot of hesitation. My buzz is just about gone. I’m so ready to leave.

“Yo, O’Neil…let’s bounce.”

He didn’t waste anytime grabbing his cap and saying good night. Actually got to the car before I did. I get in the car and roll down the window to catch the night breeze. As we were pulling off I hear the shrieking again…

“SIDNEY…HIM STILL IN HERE!!!!!!!!! OH SWEETLAWDEMERCEEEEEE!!!!!!”

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Wait...what?? I'm confused?

User Info Menu

Hi kaycee, as we were pulling out of the driveway, we can hear Erffa screaming again because the rat came out and ran to another corner. O’Neil wouldn't stop to go back to help find the rat. We pretended not to hear her and made our way to town. But we did find out they found him the next morning, which turned out to be his last morning.

I shared the story because the event was a sight to see and one I will never forget. Especially that woman landing herself on the bar. Sorry my writing/wording wasn't clear.

User Info Menu

She wouldnt have liked what we saw in Negril one night. There's a place by samsara where I think maybe the store garbage behind a set of steel doors. We were walking the road there one night and came upon probably 20 rats on the road. They all scurried back into the enclosure. Yikes!!
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

oh my sandman, you saw that from the road??? no she wouldn't have liked that at ALL. Neither would I!!!!!!!!!! eewwwwwwwwwww!!!!! LOL

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Oh okay,lol! I don't like rats either...I probably would have let off a string of curse words.

User Info Menu

LOL Kaycee, Erffa did too. Especially when the old man made fun of her. I kept dem words out due to this being a family friendly message board.

User Info Menu

7/10/14 thursday, day 7

Cloudy with a chance of liquid sunshine? The weather looked rain so I decided to hang around Port Antonio.

Breakfast today, cheese omelet. So good. I met Kashawna, Mrs. Scott’s helper. A slim, pretty young lady of 19. The daughter of one of Mrs. Scott’s closest friends, Kashawna, from Kingston, has been staying with the Scotts for about a year. Not only does she help with the cleaning and cooking, Kashawna is like a big sister to Mrs. Scott’s cute as a babydoll granddaughter, Nyla. She will be leaving soon to attend the university. I know the Scotts are going to miss this studious young woman when she leaves.

Decided to get the attention my horrid feet desperately needed. Tried a new salon..this one is located on the same lane as Tim Bamboo. It’s been there for a while so I figured they were established with a solid client base.

The massage and pedicure was fantastic, the best I ever had!! I could tell the tech not only knew what she was doing, but she enjoyed it. Spent a good 75 minutes working on my feet and calves. I like this salon more than the one I usually go to. The staff made me feel comfortable being there. Didn’t feel like a “foreign” customer, but just a regular woman coming in seeking help for her jacked-up feet.

I bought my own polish, which was bad. The color was dull and the liquid was lumpy. They tried to make it work, and even apologized although it wasn’t their fault. I apologized for bringing a defective product for them to use.

While I was watching the Crosby show waiting for the polish to dry, a man came to the salon. A very LARGE man whose body blocked out the sunlight coming through the doorway. I heard him ask about pedicures. How much & how long. Then he asked about having nails done. He was told they don’t do manicures. I was surprised to hear that. He thanked them and went on his way.

Toenails dry, paid the tech and went on my way. Going to hang out at the good old marina. I know, I know…just how many more pictures can me post of the marina???? Please bear with me as I so love the peacefulness of that place. I visited the pier twice this visit, but I’m going to combine the pictures and stories to this one post.

BUT before the marina…I needed FOOD!

User Info Menu

The weather was perfect for being outside. Yeah, the rays were hot, but no humidity so I was comfortable under the hat.

It all started out nice, then got better but as I remember the entire day, it didn’t end on the positive side. I’m sure as I type, I’ll understand why and when it turned from “irie” to “irritable”. But for now, enjoy the gorgeous scenic view as I stroll to the good old Marina.

This is my favorite pic of that afternoon...

User Info Menu