Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 21 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast

Thread: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

User Info Menu

Re: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

User Info Menu

So I wander away from the table to sit on the cement bench and gaze upon the ocean and boats. I try to imagine what one does to afford such luxuries and what it would be like to jump on one and sail the sea whenever you wanted.

The sun was setting. Evening is not far off. I was feeling emotional but couldn’t put my finger on why. The day started out nice and continued to get better and better, yet I’m failing to appreciate all that’s around me. I sit and think and pray for a changed attitude.

From out of nowhere a young guy sits next to me. Thing is, I’m feeling irritable, not sad which means his company wouldn’t be welcomed at all. But maybe, just maybe his company is what I needed.

It wasn’t!!! In essence he had nothing to say and what he said wasn’t keeping my attention. In fact, I was more focused on taking pictures of a blue crab crawling across the pier. I've must have taken 20 pictures of the crawlie...insane! Normally I’m all for lending a listening ear, but not then. He did make me laugh when he offered to take me running with him.

I told him I wanted to be alone. He said he would leave but told me to take his picture then write down his number so when I’m ready for someone to “keep me company” I should call him. The picture is to remind me of what I let go.

HA!!!!! REALLY??!!?? So..I took his picture. He asked to see it. When I showed it to him he turned and walked away without a word or giving me his number. As you can tell, I have zero tolerance for arrogance. Especially from some who’s young enough to be my kid.

Now alone…

Then the reason for my mood hit me. I’ve been here for SEVEN days and haven’t done anything on my Portland Wish List. How could that happen??? I was angry with myself for letting the days slip away so casually as if I were going to be here for months. Time is winding down, just like this day. Only soon I won’t be waking up in Jamaica to start a new one.

Pulled my notes and almost cried. This is not me. I thirst for new adventures…how could I deprive myself of that necessary quenching???

I’m not going to fall apart; I’m going to be aggressive perusing my plans.

Once I gripped that, I began to feel better. I need to have a true “Vi experience” soon.

Don’t know how this photo looks, but the clouds out that evening were amazing to see. I gave thanks for the “here & now” …looking forward to “tomorrow”.

User Info Menu

The story of the guy wanting to talk and you'd rather be taking a picture of the crab literally made me lol at my desk. Too bad I didn't get to see a complete picture of the one you let go. because you conveniently cropped his face out. lol. I also have zero tolerance for arrogance, some people are just ingnorant of there own behavior. I remember going to the marina almost ten years ago. Remind me of where it is located so that I can put that on my "to do list". I'm sure my next trip to Portie will help me heal. Jamaica has the tendency to lift my spirits, no matter what obstacles I have in my life. It is my true " happy place"

User Info Menu

i don't think vi cropped the pic . . . i'm thinking that's how she took it and that's why he walked away.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    The story of the guy wanting to talk and you'd rather be taking a picture of the crab literally made me lol at my desk. Too bad I didn't get to see a complete picture of the one you let go. because you conveniently cropped his face out. lol. I also have zero tolerance for arrogance, some people are just ingnorant of there own behavior. I remember going to the marina almost ten years ago. Remind me of where it is located so that I can put that on my "to do list". I'm sure my next trip to Portie will help me heal. Jamaica has the tendency to lift my spirits, no matter what obstacles I have in my life. It is my true " happy place"
    Butterfly, the entrance to the marina is directly across the street from the Royal Mall and gas station. If you venture into the mall, there is a restaurant on the second floor called the Urban Spoon. Really good food and reasonable. I usually have lunch there after leaving the salon. You can also get the food to go.

JitterBug is right. I purposely took his picture like that because he was so full of himself. What I should have done was taken a picture of his face AFTER he saw the picture. He didn’t know how to take me so he walked away. I’m sure I wouldn’t have gotten off that easily had I pulled that on a guy in Ocho Rios or Negril.

User Info Menu

7/11/14 friday, day 8

Skipped a cooked breakfast this morning, had fruit and hot tea instead.

Today…Friday…I wanted to go to Reach Falls. Look how gorgeous the morning appeared that day. It was the perfect day for that 45 minute ride traveling east. ideal weather for swimming and climbing the falls. Bet the water is clear and warm…full of little, colorful fish. I call O’Neil to let him know what I want to do today. “Okay” he says “I’m coming now.”

Rushed to pack my bag making sure not to forget water shoes and rice for the fish.

He shows up 15 minutes later. I’m so excited that I didn’t notice the sad look on his face. I get in the car all prepared to find myself standing waist deep in that refreshing pool of water…

We get to the foot of the lane and he makes a right instead of left. Oh kayyyyyyyy

“You going into town?”
    “Yeah, me hear a likkle “knock” so before we drive all the way to the falls I’m going to have my cousin listen for it and find where the trouble.”

I couldn’t respond. I’m already getting disappointed because I know where this is going.

User Info Menu

I asked him to stop along the soccer field. I always find calm there. The thick mist resting ontop the mountains was plenty that late morning. The view did keep my words under control.

I reminded him of the plans we spoke about before I arrived. “Remember we agreed certain days were reserved for road trips and certain days reserved for beach?”

“Right…no problem. We still going to the falls……….”

User Info Menu

Vi!!! I'm just today seeing this! I've not been on here much at all and haven't seen you report. I'm so loving your style, dear lady, and your beautiful pictures as always! You mentioned something about commenting on everyone's responses not being liked by some but it only shows how large your heart and spirit is. You are an inspiration, for sure. Port Antonio is my most favorite place in Jamaica and we haven't been back in too many years, sadly (heartbreakingly). Your pictures show how much things have changed. Winnifred is my favorite beach and you seem to really enjoy it, too. I'm much more open and talkative to people a foreign, like you, and want to open up and learn more about their lives and experiences in their culture.

Rock Bottom! Love that dear man! Such a wonderful jolly person. He had given us (me and daughters) a root bracelet for a gift and I never took it off until it broke, at least 4 years later. I'm at this moment wearing my daughter's because she doesn't wear it and gave it to me. It's great to hear he has a new place.

Keep on with the great writing and beautiful pictures, sweet Vi! Many blessings and love to you!

User Info Menu

SCHUTZZIE!!! THERE YOU ARE!!! Was wondering if I would have to put out an APB on you girl!!! I’m happy you are on board now because, to be honest, the ride really hasn’t begun. (smile) Thank you darlin for such kind words. Yes, although I like ALL the beaches in Portland, Winnifred is my favorite. And now that I-Cliff has the drink stand up and running, my favorite spot there is safe!!

I wish every day I had gotten a picture of Rock Bottom. He looks great and is happy in his new surroundings. Broke my heart when the bracelet snapped. But all the more reason to get back Portland ASAP!

User Info Menu

A quick stop at a store for cranberry water on the way to the garage. Of course I grabbed a small bottle of rum…just in case.

He tells me he’ll only be a short time. I say okay and turn on the music while I wait. The car is not parked right. All the action is behind me. I wanted him to come turn it around so I could have a better view, but decided that would be wasting time. So I sat patiently looking at roadway action opposed to the greasy, dirty mechanics dashing about hauling car parts and tools. Which would have been more interesting.

Three men came walking across the adjacent lot. One in his 50’s, one around 35 the last not much older than 27. The 50y.o., of course, caught my eye. He was extremely handsome in his jeans and white button front shirt. I admired how the midsecton buttons were straining to keep the shirt closed over that nice, firm, thick belly. Okay Vi, stop staring and definitely stop drooling.

I look away to adjust the volume on the player when I hear…

“Wow, hello…hello brownin” I look up to see the baby of the bunch smiling and waving at me. LOL Don’t know what made me laugh out loud more, being called “brownin” or it coming from the youth!!!

Twenty-two minutes slipped by before I realize he’s been gone much longer than a couple of minutes. I open my bag to reach for my phone to call Momz.